VIP Tours to include RotR without a BG as of July 11th

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, in the not so distant future, I will have the option of Ratatouille, Tron and Guardians via VIP that I imagine will not be available for years via an ME pass (I am expecting the current situation of you may enter "after boarding groups have been filled" rules for cast park entry will be part of the new WDW order). And I think I've still only ridden Frozen three times. As a winter solstice baby, I have an affinity for Frozen.
So how did you ride ROTA?

correcaminos

3 Additional FP for 6 people for 10 days would be $3,000 plus the additional cost of a club room is no more than $300 per night x 10 days, thats $6,000 total for 10 days.......

A VIP tour would cost you that for 1
They are not exact comparisons. I think if you find the VIP tour wasteful, then you can just not do it. I'm not sure what your end game is here...

Jeff4272

They are not exact comparisons. I think if you find the VIP tour wasteful, then you can just not do it. I'm not sure what your end game is here...
I agree they are not the same.......My point was the value you used to get by purchasing additional FP was way better than the value of doing a 1 day VIP tour...........

If you were going to spend an additional $5,000-$6,000, my opinion would be it would be much better spent on upgrading to club and buying 3 more FP per day for 10 days vs spending the same amount on 1 day of a VIP tour

And this might still be a paid option in the new FP world so it is relevant for anyone looking to stay at the club level and/or 3BR villa

legwand77

The Fastpasses are about only 50-60% of the experience of a VIP tour for us, we get just as much from the ease of logistics and quick transportation and exit to and from parks.

Jeff4272

The Fastpasses are about only 50-60% of the experience of a VIP tour for us, we get just as much from the ease of logistics and quick transportation and exit to and from parks.
I totally understand that the VIP tours just dont offer FP as a benefit........

But if you upgrade to a Club Level room, you are likely going to have a good location, the food and drinks that are available to you daily as well as 10 days worth of FP and that FAR outwieghs 1 day of ease of transportation and logistics.......Plus, Club level offers signature services to assist with all your planning and reservations....

Its really a no brainer if you are going to spend the extra cash

Jeff4272

Why are people so fixated about what other people spend their money on?

Whether buying DVC, paying for a VIP tour or anything else, some people seem determined to tell orhers that they’re wasting their money. As if they are the only arbiter of what is worthwhile.
No i don't think its wasting their money and telling them how to spend it, i think a lot of people don't know what the other options are and its more of an educational thing........

That if you are looking to spend an additional $5k-$6k, this option might be better vs that option.........Thats all..........no need to get hostile

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
No i don't think its wasting their money and telling them how to spend it, i think a lot of people don't know what the other options are and its more of an educational thing........

That if you are looking to spend an additional $5k-$6k, this option might be better vs that option.........Thats all..........no need to get hostile
By all means let people know the options, not got an issue with that. On the other hand restating it 3, 4 maybe 5 times

The CL option isn’t available right now, and currently you really have to book a VIP tour 60 days out. So if someone has a trip planned in the next few months, it makes sense for them to book the VIP tour as soon as they can. If other options become available they can always cancel.

Saying this to someone in a reply when the discussion has been ongoing for a couple of pages came across to me as rude and is unnecessary.

Its really a no brainer if you are going to spend the extra cash

Jeff4272

By all means let people know the options, not got an issue with that. On the other hand restating it 3, 4 maybe 5 times

The CL option isn’t available right now, and currently you really have to book a VIP tour 60 days out. So if someone has a trip planned in the next few months, it makes sense for them to book the VIP tour as soon as they can. If other options become available they can always cancel.

Saying this to someone in a reply when the discussion has been ongoing for a couple of pages came across to me as rude and is unnecessary.
Its just an opinion......geez, who P$^^% in your cheerios this am?

correcaminos

I agree they are not the same.......My point was the value you used to get by purchasing additional FP was way better than the value of doing a 1 day VIP tour...........

If you were going to spend an additional $5,000-$6,000, my opinion would be it would be much better spent on upgrading to club and buying 3 more FP per day for 10 days vs spending the same amount on 1 day of a VIP tour

And this might still be a paid option in the new FP world so it is relevant for anyone looking to stay at the club level and/or 3BR villa
We'll have to agree to disagree. Having FPs is nice and I have worked the system to get 6-8 per day, but even if I have 6 scheduled a day, it's far easier to do a tour and have a chilled out trip than every day be scheduled so much. But that's me.

I think you are underestimating the bonus of travel to and from multiple parks and your room as well. We are DVC. Always stay there if I have points. Deluxe rooms don't have super easy access to every park. Or not having to go through busy entrances and such.

I am curious, have you done or tour or making a no-brainer comment based on guesses?

Jeff4272

We'll have to agree to disagree. Having FPs is nice and I have worked the system to get 6-8 per day, but even if I have 6 scheduled a day, it's far easier to do a tour and have a chilled out trip than every day be scheduled so much. But that's me.

I think you are underestimating the bonus of travel to and from multiple parks and your room as well. We are DVC. Always stay there if I have points. Deluxe rooms don't have super easy access to every park. Or not having to go through busy entrances and such.

I am curious, have you done or tour or making a no-brainer comment based on guesses?
I have done a tour once.......And thats my problem with it..........that trip was 9 days, 7 park days and the money doesn't go a long way because its just one day in my opinion...................We had 10 people (2 families of 5 each) when we did it one fall (i think it was October Columbus day 3 years ago)

We have also bought the add'l FP when offered in staying in 3BR at BLT and our experience was that was way better (did that during Jersey week) because that lasted the entire trip

The best part is that the 3 additional FP you buy don't have Tier limitations so you can get 4 Top Tier rides in the parks that have ride tiers.......Major props there

correcaminos

I have done a tour once.......And thats my problem with it..........that trip was 9 days, 7 park days and the money doesn't go a long way because its just one day in my opinion...................We had 10 people (2 families of 5 each) when we did it one fall (i think it was October Columbus day 3 years ago)

We have also bought the add'l FP when offered in staying in 3BR at BLT and our experience was that was way better (did that during Jersey week) because that lasted the entire trip

The best part is that the 3 additional FP you buy don't have Tier limitations so you can get 4 Top Tier rides in the parks that have ride tiers.......Major props there
Interesting. Mostly because our focus was on the ability to do what we wanted, when we wanted, and we blew through 2 full parks and part of one other even with a ride breakdown and a break for someone who was ill on Star Tours (forgot to take his medicine). What we get from the tour is different than scheduled FPs. Unfortunately the times we were in bungalows or GVs did not include us then in the FP buy. I likely would be like a friend and do both lol. Tiers aren't my issue with FPs, it's the repeat riding and quick park hopping.

We all have to decide what is worth it. You seemed to not get enough out of the VIP tour. I sure do. We all have our own preferences though. I just found it odd to comment on negatives of VIP tours when this was simply about adding a ride that wasn't allowed before.

KrzyKtty

But the Club FP doesn't come with guaranteed RotR. I am ok with one day that still gets me what I want to include RotR. I would do the other when I can buy a FP to RotR.

Jeff4272

Interesting. Mostly because our focus was on the ability to do what we wanted, when we wanted, and we blew through 2 full parks and part of one other even with a ride breakdown and a break for someone who was ill on Star Tours (forgot to take his medicine). What we get from the tour is different than scheduled FPs. Unfortunately the times we were in bungalows or GVs did not include us then in the FP buy. I likely would be like a friend and do both lol. Tiers aren't my issue with FPs, it's the repeat riding and quick park hopping.

We all have to decide what is worth it. You seemed to not get enough out of the VIP tour. I sure do. We all have our own preferences though. I just found it odd to comment on negatives of VIP tours when this was simply about adding a ride that wasn't allowed before.
I wasnt trying to be negative about tours....I liked it.............whats not to like, other than the price?

I just found the other way covered my entire vacation vs one day for the same cost (or less), that was my point

Jeff4272

But the Club FP doesn't come with guaranteed RotR. I am ok with one day that still gets me what I want to include RotR. I would do the other when I can buy a FP to RotR.
I understand...........We just did 10 day trip in April and did HS 3 days and got 2 at 7am and 1 at 1pm

firs try we got BG 127 at 7am......second day nobody woke up and we got one at the 1pm drop, BG 91 (which was the first afternoon group so it was basically a walk on as soon as we go it) and the third day we got a low BG number at the 7am drop (cant remember exactly but around 35-40) range

I dont like the BG process b we dont like getting up early on vacation but we were able to ride it every time we wanted to

DCBaker

Premium Member
Did this change?

The site that can't be named is reporting that guests using the VIP tour will still need to obtain a boarding group.

@lentesta - looks like you were ahead of the game yesterday on the RoTR thread.

Jeff4272

Did this change?

The site that can't be named is reporting that guests using the VIP tour will still need to obtain a boarding group.

@lentesta - looks like you were correct yesterday on the RoTR thread.
Just read same post........Weird that it would be reported incorrectly and not corrected sooner if this is true

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom