Vinylmation Store Coming To DTD

jrriddle

And yet you have Stitch on your avatar.

Ironic.

:lol:

You lost me. I like this picture of Stitch. I like Stitch. I don't find Vinylmation to my liking.
Oh I get it now. Stitch is unpopular but I have him as my avatar. But because I don't like another popular Disney product Vinylmation this is ironic (in your opinion).
Well cudos to you Sir, that is ironic. Well played...

Figment82

It's very easy to get sucked into collecting these, but it's also easy to be very choosy as well. I've been collecting since Day 1 and only have 6 of the 3" and 3 of the 9". Only one of those did I purchase off of eBay, an Urban series one, and that was only to ensure I got what I wanted since I didn't like any of the others in the series - the rest I purchased myself in-park.

I've been sticking to just the ones I like, mostly the Epcot ones, and so far only have the Figment, SMRT-1, MSEP, Fireworks, D23 Expo and Green Dragon 3" ones and the Fantasyland Trash Can, Epcot Symbols, and Sleeping Beauty Castle 9" ones.

They're reasonably priced for what they are (usually cheaper than most pins nowadays) and bring back great memories. As long as the releases don't get out of hand and are paced appropriately, I can see this new collectible having longevity. With every new release, more and more people are starting to get interested, so it can only get more popular with time.

SoccerMickey

You lost me. I like this picture of Stitch. I like Stitch. I don't find Vinylmation to my liking.
Oh I get it now. Stitch is unpopular but I have him as my avatar. But because I don't like another popular Disney product Vinylmation this is ironic (in your opinion).

That's a cool picture of Stitch on your avatar. What is that from?

mmexpress

JT is a very insulting and opinionated person...pay no attention.

disnyfan89

I'm very excited about this. I at first didn't like the figures but decided I wanted the figment one and well one turned into two and two into three and three into all of park series one and two (working on three right now :lol:) and all of urban series one. I was just walking through DTD the other day thinking they should bring over a D-Street to this coast. It's nice to have a place where you can find all of the current series instead of hoping from store to store looking for them.

jt04

You only hate Stitch because hating him became cool when Great Escape opened.

Actually the animosity goes back to seeing the movie and feeling like he stole 90 minutes of my life.

It reminded me of a bad Dreamworks movie.

Screamscape reports the name of the store will be D Street just like on the west coast. So with only two dedicated stores in the world, I'd call it unique. Now they need to open a Pixar store IMO.

krankenstein

Thank you, however I would much rather have this JT explain him or herself, then to have someone make excuses for him or her.

Good luck! All he does is stir the pot and throw out insults. I will say he occasionally throws out a good idea or contributes to discussion, but those times are few and far between.

nemofinder22

Just so we know D-street at DLR's DTD is more than just Vinylmation, its basically the guy version of Vault 28. So perhaps this store in WDW's DTD will be more than just Vinylmation?

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...sney/shopping/detail?name=DStreetShoppingPage
D Street is your destination if you're looking for the chic, offbeat, popular, vintage, kickback, fashionable and fun — all in one! Fusing urban art and Disney's creative flair, you'll find stylish clothing, jewelry and merchandise from trend-setting designers. D Street will feature Disney vintage looks from Disney Couture, urban styles and artwork from Bloc 28, Surf and Skate-inspired apparel, artwork and accessories, as well as Star Wars™ tees.

The Scene
In this raw, industrial-style space, discover art from popular, local and underground artists breaking out with fabulous artwork, fashions and jewelry inspired by Disney. See jewelry showcased from hot designers and labels, like Tarina Tarantino and Classic Hardware, along with fashions from Mighty Fine and Harajuku Lovers.

Motor Mouse Since 1928 by Noah
D Street will be home to the work of one of Southern California's hot local artists, Noah, who draws his inspiration from an era of classic movies and cars, along with rockabilly-style Kustom Kulture.

Vinylmation™
This new urban-style store will also pave the way for everything Vinylmation™. D Street will showcase the latest from various collections, including the Park Series, Urban Series, Holiday Series and more. Designed by the creative talents from our Disney Design Group, Disney Vinylmation takes the world of collectibles to an entirely different level. These 3" and 9" figures are often designed to represent icons, attractions and characters from Disney Parks, or have more of a street feel with their urban-inspired looks.

SirGoofy

Lunamis

I appreciate the idea of Vinylmation but the designs always look silly to me! I really like pin trading though :p

I'm happy to see something is going there! I'll visit it nontheless.

Figment632

Crap!!! This is the kind of crap we sell at TDS!!! JT if this is your idea of a bold new vision you are very easily impressed and have very low standards!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom