Vinylmation Store Coming To DTD

EPCOT Explorer

Five pages on those scary looking pieces of ... vinyl?

I guess fans will buy anything. Unlike pins, which I can sorta/kinda/to some degree understand, these I don't.

UGLY. And they can't be all that hot because my local outlet store has had loads of them for months and can't sell them.

Reeeeeeeally now? eBay fodder. I shall be making a flyby.

Lunch?:lookaroun:lol:

VinylFan92

if you think vinylmation is going away anytime soon you are sadly mistaken. disney didnt invent designer toys. they simply saw the potential and jumped on board. vinyl toys continue to grow in popularity and vm already does incredible numbers. vinylnation.net says disney has the next three years of vm planned. sorry.

WDW1974

not the creative type are you? i am sure you must be talking about the plush vinyls which did not gain popularity. thanks for trolling my thread!

No, I'm not creative at all (which likely explains what I do in the real world!):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, I was referring to the plush ... I'm sorry, I forgot there was a difference. Bad me. They still don't impress me.

Thrill Seeker

Essencially D-Street is the male version of Tren-D that everyone has been waiting for. They even have the same costume as Tren-D (not the current one, when the store opens, Tren-D will have new costumes). Maybe they'll get rid of the Vinylmation stuff in Pin Traders, which really doesn't fit...

dreamfinder

I thought they were sold sight unseen, like baseball cards. Can you tell what you are buying? I ask knowing there is a "Col. Critchlow Suchpence" one on the horizon...

Depends on the series and the size. Some of the series, or instance the Parks and Urban, are released in what is called "blind boxed" format. Same deal as the pins that are sealed up in the packages, like the hidden mickey completers. Some of the new series, will be released in boxes that have windows in them. That way you can see what you are getting.

The 9" vinyls all come in boxes with windows, but those are much more limited in number.

Aren't they in every single merch store in WDW already?

Yes, and thats becoming a problem. Demand for recent limited releases have caused a large backlash due to sloppy release procedures. Some pieces have come out at some stores and not others, and some stores have been taking wait lists and selling them to people over the phone. Recent remarks from the Vinylmation team have indicated a switch to a single point of sale for limited release pieces, and having a specific store would allow them to do that. It also gives them a set location where they can do artist signings, and have trading, just like the pin store at DTD.

Never really paid much attention to these before.
How much do they cost?:shrug:

General release 3" vinyl are 9.95. Limited 3" vinyl varies, had been 9.95, then 12.95 (with tin), Marathon pieces in January were 14.95 (with cardboard box), and recent Cinderella piece (in tin) was 24.95 I think. 9" are usually 39.95 unless it is a 9"/3" set, then those kick in at 79 or so.

Apparently the LE vinyls ar worth a lot of money. This might be a nice way for locals to cash in on this expensive hobby.

Already been there and done that. As I alluded to above, the recent Cinderella and Wall-E releases were chaos, with many fans on vinylnation not being able to get pieces, while many ebayers walked out with armloads. They are tweaking the system to help prohibit this in the future.

All in all, it should be a good thing. I would imagine they would have trading and the like there to allow for collectors to have more interaction between guests. It's kinda hard to carry around a bag of vinyl to the parks and hope to find someone to trade with, like you can with pins. And its definitely something that could help to bring life to that part of West Side, I can't see it being any emptier than the PH store was every time I walked by.

jt04

Depends on the series and the size. Some of the series, or instance the Parks and Urban, are released in what is called "blind boxed" format. Same deal as the pins that are sealed up in the packages, like the hidden mickey completers. Some of the new series, will be released in boxes that have windows in them. That way you can see what you are getting.

The 9" vinyls all come in boxes with windows, but those are much more limited in number.

Yes, and thats becoming a problem. Demand for recent limited releases have caused a large backlash due to sloppy release procedures. Some pieces have come out at some stores and not others, and some stores have been taking wait lists and selling them to people over the phone. Recent remarks from the Vinylmation team have indicated a switch to a single point of sale for limited release pieces, and having a specific store would allow them to do that. It also gives them a set location where they can do artist signings, and have trading, just like the pin store at DTD.

General release 3" vinyl are 9.95. Limited 3" vinyl varies, had been 9.95, then 12.95 (with tin), Marathon pieces in January were 14.95 (with cardboard box), and recent Cinderella piece (in tin) was 24.95 I think. 9" are usually 39.95 unless it is a 9"/3" set, then those kick in at 79 or so.

Already been there and done that. As I alluded to above, the recent Cinderella and Wall-E releases were chaos, with many fans on vinylnation not being able to get pieces, while many ebayers walked out with armloads. They are tweaking the system to help prohibit this in the future.

All in all, it should be a good thing. I would imagine they would have trading and the like there to allow for collectors to have more interaction between guests. It's kinda hard to carry around a bag of vinyl to the parks and hope to find someone to trade with, like you can with pins. And its definitely something that could help to bring life to that part of West Side, I can't see it being any emptier than the PH store was every time I walked by.

Thanks for the geat information. Hopefully the store will be a major success and Disney will be compelled to add further unique experiences at DTD. Pixar? Marvel?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Vinylmation??? One whole building of them??? Add my name to the list of people who just do not get it. I do own a couple of pins that I wear on my Disney hat. But what am I going to do with that thing. I happy Disney is making money on them, so maybe they will put some of that money back into the parks.

MasonDuo

Just to help you out.:)
Cinderella was $22.95
9"/3" Combos are $74.95

The Wall-e/Eve Set and Cinderella releases were a big joke, like others have stated. If they keep handling future releases like these, the vinylmation craze will start crashing. They keep saying that they're going to fix it. So time will tell.

For those that don't know much about vinylmations. A great place for information on vinylmations is vinylnation.net.

dreamfinder

Just to help you out.:)
Cinderella was $22.95
9"/3" Combos are $74.95

Thanks for the correction. I personally don't own either of those and was to lazy to dig through the vinylnation forums for the prices.

Meh,I just don't "get" these things! What in the hell are you supposed to do with them?

What the hell are you supposed to do with pins? Or pressed pennies? Or Matchbox Cars? Or baseball cards, Barbie, or any other things that come in multiples? People collect them. Lots of kids pick up the 3" for toys, but the small size of stuff like that lets people display stuff that reflects their personalities with limited space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom