Vinylmation Store Coming To DTD

_Scar

Apparently the LE vinyls ar worth a lot of money. This might be a nice way for locals to cash in on this expensive hobby.

docandsix

With a little luck, this will get those hideous things out of the parks...

Of course, I'm only dreaming. But really, what place do those freakish mutants have in the Dinosaur post-show shop? (Aren't there supposed to be dinosaurs in the Dinosaur store?) They're yet another example of the theme-destroying homogenization of merchandising throughout the resort.

Yuck. Put them all in one location so those of us who don't get it can avoid them completely.

StageFrenzy

Of course, I'm only dreaming. But really, what place do those freakish mutants have in the Dinosaur post-show shop? (Aren't there supposed to be dinosaurs in the Dinosaur store?) They're yet another example of the theme-destroying homogenization of merchandising throughout the resort.

Yuck. Put them all in one location so those of us who don't get it can avoid them completely.

One of the Nines was a dino.

Mouse Detective

The save pleasure island blog has a picture of those things at the Disney Quest store. It looks like you could open the little boxes and see what is inside, if you're looking for a specific model.

goreesha

Oh, man. I'm in trouble. My wife is into Vinylmation. I'm okay with it, thus far. Up till now, I have been able to limit it by telling her she could only buy them when we were in the parks. No ebay or online or Disney Store. But, dang, a whole store of them at DTD?

Well, I guess I can learn to love them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Drinking? :lol:

And nor do I. I like the SMRT-1 and the Figgy one, but it's not worth my eBay $$.

I've seen a couple I liked, but never to the point that I'm willing to cut into my exotic alcohol budget for one. Although, the Muppets ones coming out may entice me to put off that purchase of Vietnamese bourbon I've been considering.....:)

EPCOTPluto

OK, my take on this:

Had a funny feeling that Vinylmation would've become a franchise back in mid-2009, when the Disney Pin site featured upcoming pins & lanyards for DL. With one store closed and out the way and the Vinylmation influence found in every shop, it was only a matter of time until it would ascend into its own store. Much like how pins were first introduced.

I admit that I have bought three: A holiday themed one (Ghost), a Park design (Snow White) and The Muppets design (Rowlf). Maybe I will buy another one, since they are cute, if not expensive. I have no plans to "buy eleventy dozen to collect them all" for financial reasons and the fact that there would be more than one of the same. Sounds familiar? Because it's also how pins (especially the 'mystery' pins) work.

In other words, it will be popular for now, but like pins, they will dwindle in popularity. It's why I want to say this would be one of those temporary stores; something for plastic ''collectibles'' until that space is then used for a better purpose. :)

WDW1974

Five pages on those scary looking pieces of ... vinyl?

I guess fans will buy anything. Unlike pins, which I can sorta/kinda/to some degree understand, these I don't.

UGLY. And they can't be all that hot because my local outlet store has had loads of them for months and can't sell them.

PhotoDave219

Five pages on those scary looking pieces of ... vinyl?

I guess fans will buy anything. Unlike pins, which I can sorta/kinda/to some degree understand, these I don't.

UGLY. And they can't be all that hot because my local outlet store has had loads of them for months and can't sell them.

Where is your local store and do they have any of the Holiday 1 series left.

IMO theyre cute.

WDW1974

Where is your local store and do they have any of the Holiday 1 series left.

IMO theyre cute.

Character Warehouse at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise.

And I have no clue because I don't know which series is which. I know they have 4-5 different ones and the only one I specifically recall is done like a monorail. I'm sure if you call the store they can tell you what they have.

SMRT-1

Original Poster
Character Warehouse at Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise.

And I have no clue because I don't know which series is which. I know they have 4-5 different ones and the only one I specifically recall is done like a monorail. I'm sure if you call the store they can tell you what they have.

not the creative type are you? i am sure you must be talking about the plush vinyls which did not gain popularity. thanks for trolling my thread!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom