Vinylmation Store Coming To DTD

_Scar

Pins you take pretty much everywhere.

These are basically things for your room/office... I don't see how a whole store would be needed since you'd think most people would only buy 1-2 lol

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Pins you take pretty much everywhere.

These are basically things for your room/office... I don't see how a whole store would be needed since you'd think most people would only buy 1-2 lol

Well, if DtD has the empty space, and there's already a Vinylmation store at the DtD on the West Coast, I suppose it's a good fit. I'm not saying they're going to go flying off the shelves or anything, just the timing is right for everyone to open up a shop in Florida.

Mouse Detective

Well, if DtD has the empty space, and there's already a Vinylmation store at the DtD on the West Coast, I suppose it's a good fit. I'm not saying they're going to go flying off the shelves or anything, just the timing is right for everyone to open up a shop in Florida.

I think this is how Beanie Babies began!

Now they need to open a Pixar store IMO.

And let's not forget that store serving real Belgian waffles! :slurp:

nemofinder22

Never really paid much attention to these before.
How much do they cost?:shrug:

I think there $9.95 for the small one in a box its also unknown which one you will get other than the series its from. While the larger one is 39.95? but you can see which one you will get.

mcstensrud

I think there $9.95 for the small one in a box its also unknown which one you will get other than the series its from. While the larger one is 39.95? but you can see which one you will get.

So it's a crap shoot as to what you will get?
What if you don't like it? sell it on Ebay!

Little Princess

For those who dont grasp the concept on why "Vinylmation" is popular, you should check out kidrobot.com. Vinylmation is kinda like a way for unique artists to display their abilities on a collectible object. Anyway, even though I dont have any of the kidrobot collection, I'm very excited to check these out when I go. Thankfully my birthday is coming up, so I'll be able to sustain my pin collection, too. >_<

Edit:
Since we're talking about vinlymation, does disney sell prereleased series at their stores or just their current series?

UnrealFire

For those who dont grasp the concept on why "Vinylmation" is popular, you should check out kidrobot.com. Vinylmation is kinda like a way for unique artists to display their abilities on a collectible object. Anyway, even though I dont have any of the kidrobot collection, I'm very excited to check these out when I go. Thankfully my birthday is coming up, so I'll be able to sustain my pin collection, too. >_<

Edit:
Since we're talking about vinlymation, does disney sell prereleased series at their stores or just their current series?

You're right about Kidrobot. Disney actually "stole" the entire concept from Kidrobot. They improved it though. I was collecting Kidrobot Dunnys since they first released them but Kidrobot really just messed up when they started selling them at random stores like Urban Outfitters and trying to appeal to the masses. Fortunately, Disney won't sell them outside of Disney Park property (except for the online Disney Parks store).

Disney Park stores will sell whatever series have already been released that have not yet sold out. I had thought that Park Series 2 sold out since they did not have any anywhere on WDW property in January but Disneyland had Park Series 2 everywhere this month in addition to Park Series 3. Urban Series 3 and Cutesters are also in stores now. Park Series 1 sold out in December 2008.

SMRT-1

Original Poster

Edit:

they sell pre-released as long as the stock hasn't run dry. when that happens only place is ebay.

Little Princess

You're right about Kidrobot. Disney actually "stole" the entire concept from Kidrobot. They improved it though. I was collecting Kidrobot Dunnys since they first released them but Kidrobot really just messed up when they started selling them at random stores like Urban Outfitters and trying to appeal to the masses. Fortunately, Disney won't sell them outside of Disney Park property (except for the online Disney Parks store).

Disney Park stores will sell whatever series have already been released that have not yet sold out. I had thought that Park Series 2 sold out since they did not have any anywhere on WDW property in January but Disneyland had Park Series 2 everywhere this month in addition to Park Series 3. Urban Series 3 and Cutesters are also in stores now. Park Series 1 sold out in December 2008.

Yea, I wasnt going to assume, but I did think it was fishy that disney randomly comes up with vinlymation after kidrobot hit other stores. :lookaroun They also have plushies so the only thing that I truly see unique with disney is that they made pins as well (great, another obsession). I hate that I like these more than kidrobot. I think it's because they're more kid friendly.

hrcollectibles

I really don't get the vinlymation thing. They just look ugly to me.

Same here....Of course I do not get the pin phenomenium either.. I guess if its marked right people will buy it.. I think the first series of these Vinylmation may be worth collecting but it seems they will be flooding the market...

UnrealFire

Same here....Of course I do not get the pin phenomenium either.. I guess if its marked right people will buy it.. I think the first series of these Vinylmation may be worth collecting but it seems they will be flooding the market...

The first series sold out in 2008 and individual characters have sold for over $80 each on eBay recently.

Laura

Premium Member
The Vinylmation store here at DL is pretty darn awesome looking from the outside. I've never been inside (just peeked in the windows). I don't collect these things. They look like expensive McDonalds toys to me. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

The Vinylmation store here at DL is pretty darn awesome looking from the outside. I've never been inside (just peeked in the windows). I don't collect these things. They look like expensive McDonalds toys to me. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL::sohappy:

They kinda do. :lol: I've looked for the EC ones, but never get it because of the price.

hrcollectibles

The first series sold out in 2008 and individual characters have sold for over $80 each on eBay recently.

I am sure the first series was far mor limited then the rest of the seriess they have made. $80 is still cheaper then a trip to the World to buy one of these not knowing what you get... To each their own....

NemoRocks78

Seized
This store is gonna make me broke. :lol: I too began collecting to get the EPCOT Center figures and just haven't stopped. Whenever I'm on property, I'm buying at least 1-2.

I'm also glad a place like this is over at West Side now. A few weeks back I was there for a movie and I wanted to grab a Vinylmation, but there wasn't a store around that sold 'em (well, I did check the DQ store, but they only had the Urban series available) and I didn't want to have to go all the way to World of Disney. It'll be nice to have a place selling some "real" Disney merch on this side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom