'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

SirLink

I would expect a ONE AND DONE. There's no evidence to the contrary.

Now if this means I get to hear Mulch cover "Come and Get Your Love".... I may be down for it.

Indeed and seen as they are meeting at a Dance Party, technically not an attraction. Whilst a straight M&G probably constitutes an attraction and violates the contract currently in place with Comcast/Universal.

PhotoDave219

Indeed and seen as they are meeting at a Dance Party, technically not an attraction. Whilst a straight M&G probably constitutes an attraction and violates the contract currently in place with Comcast/Universal.

Im sure its been run by the lawyers many times.

71jason

Wrong. StarLord and Gamora are not covered by the contract because, as of 1989 or whenever signed, they were not part of the Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic 4 or X-Men "families" in the comics. Not a member, loved one of a member, or villain of any of those four.

As for why the two heroes are appearing at a Villains Party ... Ronan the Accuser is a FF villain. Thanos is an Avengers villian (as is the Collector). All are firmly covered by the contract.

But hey, story be damned, we can haves synergy!!! Surprised Disney isn't hastily converting a Donald costume into a Howard the Duck outfit.

SirLink

Wrong. StarLord and Gamora are not covered by the contract because, as of 1989 or whenever signed, they were not part of the Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic 4 or X-Men "families" in the comics. Not a member, loved one of a member, or villain of any of those four.

As for why the two heroes are appearing at a Villains Party ... Ronan the Accuser is a FF villain. Thanos is an Avengers villian (as is the Collector). All are firmly covered by the contract.

But hey, story be damned, we can haves synergy!!! Surprised Disney isn't hastily converting a Donald costume into a Howard the Duck outfit.

Huh, under the sec filing all it mentions of is THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS and the villains. Is their a more fleshed out contract online which states Spider-man and X-men "families are included"

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Spiderman and X-men are included because there are rides at IOA based on them.

What I think was meant is are ancillary characters spun out of those franchises included. For instance, say BH6 is a hit, and Disney goes to another obscure property, like Slingers. The film contains no direct references to Spidey. Would that be cleared for the parks? (Remember, BH6 had ties to X-Men initially through Sunfire and Silver Samurai).

MKCP 1985

Thanks for the word @asianway Guess I will have to set aside time to see the show. Hades is proving to be a rare character opportunity indeed.

Any prospects for these rare villains appearing inside the animation academy on Saturday in advance of Fantasmic?

asianway

Thanks for the word @asianway Guess I will have to set aside time to see the show. Hades is proving to be a rare character opportunity indeed.

Any prospects for these rare villains appearing inside the animation academy on Saturday in advance of Fantasmic?
It's not the fur Hades you know right? It's an equity face version that showed up on the cruise in Villains Tonight. They did a version for the ltm event last year.

As for Animation, they do it on SOA now but they would never do that. Different departments and fur characters do not need to do a rehearsal like face do.

DizPunk

According to the Disney blog, StarLord and Gamora are on a mission to stop the villains from playing the Awesome Mix Tape at the dance party? If we help them within the first five minutes, does the dance party end?

Also, what a jerk move by Quill! Doesn't want guests to listen to the music? What a D-word for wiener.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 92

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom