'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

SoccerMickey

If it doesn't sell out it will be a failure beyond anything the p&p party was. So if you have selfish reasons for wanting it uncrowded, I understand, but the event not selling out is not a good thing at all
Except if they're running it at park capacity, which is what? 40k? Give or take?

YodaMan

Absolutely freaking out about Constantine being there! Anyone know how they'll pull it off? Will it be an actual puppet? Or some weird modification of the Kermit walk-around? If it is a puppet, any chance this is from the long-rumored Kermit M&G that never surfaced? Could they use Constantine for a Kermit M&G in the future?

Ok so for clarification. Is the park hard closing at 7 reopening at 8? Or park remains open like vmcp or mnsshp and must get wrist bands? Do we have a definative answer? Id like to be able to plan the course of our day so we know when we should head over.

YodaMan

Ok so for clarification. Is the park hard closing at 7 reopening at 8? Or park remains open like vmcp or mnsshp and must get wrist bands? Do we have a definative answer? Id like to be able to plan the course of our day so we know when we should head over.

Stays open. You can get wristbands starting at 5 PM.

drew81

Absolutely freaking out about Constantine being there! Anyone know how they'll pull it off? Will it be an actual puppet? Or some weird modification of the Kermit walk-around? If it is a puppet, any chance this is from the long-rumored Kermit M&G that never surfaced? Could they use Constantine for a Kermit M&G in the future?

It will be in puppet form.

WDWFigment

I'm not knocking the party, just pointing out that bad ticket sales will make them gunshy against trying something different for along time

I'm of two minds about it. I like the idea of an event of this nature at DHS (actually, I'd prefer something darker, but we know that isn't happening), but I think the upcharge events/offerings of late have gotten really out of hand, and maybe having a few of them flop will rein things in a bit. I just wish this weren't the particular event to turn the tide.

WDWFigment

Hearing it is 80-90% sold out. Likely to sell out.

When evaluating this event, I wonder if 'the powers that be' will take into account when it sells out, or if they'll just look at the fact that it sold out. In terms of precedential value for future events, a last minute sell out shouldn't count for much...but management may be more inclined to look at the end result, if they want to spin the event in a positive light.

Given that tickets went on sale first for certain demographics (AP/DVC?), it seems like at least some within Disney had high expectations and contemplated this coming close to selling out before tickets even became available to the general public. Or, maybe that was just a marketing ploy.

Regardless, for a one night event with villains, I would have expected this to sell out a while ago...

asianway

When evaluating this event, I wonder if 'the powers that be' will take into account when it sells out, or if they'll just look at the fact that it sold out. In terms of precedential value for future events, a last minute sell out shouldn't count for much...but management may be more inclined to look at the end result, if they want to spin the event in a positive light.

Given that tickets went on sale first for certain demographics (AP/DVC?), it seems like at least some within Disney had high expectations and contemplated this coming close to selling out before tickets even became available to the general public. Or, maybe that was just a marketing ploy.

Regardless, for a one night event with villains, I would have expected this to sell out a while ago...
And with the production costs associated with it, the plan was to spread across several occurrences. Last minute assist from the Studios to get them over the hump it appears

GymLeaderPhil

I think they learned their lesson from the lackluster turn out for the Pirate and Princess parties, but they're worried about cannibalizing MNSSHP. There was significant demand for the free version last year that justified at least one attempt given the WDW brass is trying to upcharge everything. I think it's pretty impressive that it's at 80-90% since there are zero Cast Member discounts. I also think that given the operational nightmare that it was last year and also the fact that the front line CMs at the Studios have had special events since Star Wars Weekends will result in a smoother evening. Let's just hope the content justifies the price.

PhotoDave219

Oh I agree totally. I just won't pay that kind of money. Especially after experiencing the Disaster that was The Villians Party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom