'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

71jason

Huh, under the sec filing all it mentions of is THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS and the villains. Is their a more fleshed out contract online which states Spider-man and X-men "families are included"

Don't remember where I found the version I read, but as stated above, the fact there's a Spidey ride and an X-Men ride indicates they're in there. I don't recall anything about them being different than the other IPs.

Matt_Black

Don't remember where I found the version I read, but as stated above, the fact there's a Spidey ride and an X-Men ride indicates they're in there. I don't recall anything about them being different than the other IPs.

Again, I think the issue is ancillary characters that spun-off into separate franchises unto themselves and if they would still be considered part of a particular family. F'rinstance, both Blade and the Punisher started out as Spider-Man characters, but now, aside from the occasional crossover, they are completely independent of the web-slinger titles.

71jason

Again, I think the issue is ancillary characters that spun-off into separate franchises unto themselves and if they would still be considered part of a particular family. F'rinstance, both Blade and the Punisher started out as Spider-Man characters, but now, aside from the occasional crossover, they are completely independent of the web-slinger titles.

I agree Blade and Punisher, to name two, aren't particularly clear-cut. Fortunately I don't see either ever being used in a theme park. As for Big Hero 6, just like GotG, I don't believe any of the heroes in the movie were ever used on the regular in X-Men comics prior to contract signing--they should be fair game. Assuming the movie does enough business for this to matter, which is a big assumption.

FerretAfros

Does anybody know who "The Witch" and "The Queen" (both of whom have a meet & greet) are? Is it the old hag and evil queen from Snow White? Anybody else think it's odd that they're doing 2 permanent locations of the same character?

wdrive

Does anybody know who "The Witch" and "The Queen" (both of whom have a meet & greet) are? Is it the old hag and evil queen from Snow White? Anybody else think it's odd that they're doing 2 permanent locations of the same character?

Yep, both from Snow White. I'm not surprised at all tbh. I doubt you'll see them both at the same time and I'd rather they both appeared as apposed to just one of them.

Sped2424

So gamora and starlord are going to be meetable at hollywood studios during the Villain night mix tape party. Meaning these characters are indeed clear of the marvel uni contract?

GiveMeTheMusic

So gamora and starlord are going to be meetable at hollywood studios during the Villain night mix tape party. Meaning these characters are indeed clear of the marvel uni contract?

If they weren't, they wouldn't be putting them out.

Disney's legal team is nothing if not overly thorough. If they're doing it, then they are confident they're in the clear.

MKCP 1985

It's not the fur Hades you know right? It's an equity face version that showed up on the cruise in Villains Tonight. They did a version for the ltm event last year.

As for Animation, they do it on SOA now but they would never do that. Different departments and fur characters do not need to do a rehearsal like face do.
It will be fun to see Hades out in the park regardless. He's one villain that I have not seen in any parks - just didn't make it to WDW during the time he was making appearances, I guess.

The question about the Animation academy was because because of the Fantasmic showing that night and while I don't keep up with the specifics I understood there is or has been a correlation between Fantasmic shows and unpublicized character appearances in the animation academy.

Thanks for all the info - very much looking forward to this event, whatever it turns out to be. A one-off Villains night in the Disney Hollywood Studios park is better than most good Saturday nights at home. At least, that's what I always heard.

NMBC1993

Oh Disney, why do you always try your best to tempt me out of my money? I was all set to not attend this event, save some money and put it towards Universal APs. But then I find out Constantine is going to be there!? Now something that would get me to attend more than any other character (except maybe Oogie Boogie). Has anyone heard if it's going to be the actual "Muppet" or just an alternation to the Kermit costume? I assume Matt Vogel won't be attending to perform as the character.

Just Curious:D

GiveMeTheMusic

Oh Disney, why do you always try your best to tempt me out of my money? I was all set to not attend this event, save some money and put it towards Universal APs. But then I find out Constantine is going to be there!? Now something that would get me to attend more than any other character (except maybe Oogie Boogie). Has anyone heard if it's going to be the actual "Muppet" or just an alternation to the Kermit costume? I assume Matt Vogel won't be attending to perform as the character.

Constantine will be in actual Muppet form, according to resident insider @drew81 in a previous post (don't know if it was this thread or not).

drew81

I heard Matt Vogel will be there performing.

Bolt

It's Matt

NMBC1993

I heard Matt Vogel will be there performing.

It's Matt

Now that, is cool! I'd love to see Constantine live in the uh, frogskin:)

He was the best part of Muppets Most Wanted. I'm glad they're promoting him more in the parks! TDO is actually trying to squeeze a tiny bit of originality into this event between Gantu, Hamsteviel, the Oogie Boogie show, and now this. I approve!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom