'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

asianway

You probably missed the earlier posts, the problem in this situation is no one at Disney knows for sure. The Disney website does not include a Fantasmic pre-show. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/villains-unleashed/

However, Disney's own blog does. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-august-23/

Various outside blogs differ. Regardless Disney's own employees differ. Dining believes there is a Fantasmic Show. Brown Derby employees state there is not. Guest Services advises that the website does not state there is one so there is not one.
Doesn't really matter what I missed. F! Shows are sometimes added same day.

Blog says there's a show, phone agents say there's a show, common sense would say that Fantasmic, a villains centric show normally performed daily would be part of the event.

WDW didn't adjust the MK operating hours immediately for the 24 hour day either.

There's going to be a Fantasmic

Kman101

You are probably right. But I have 2 options here 1. Make them 60 days out and with a little luck get everything I want; or 2. Wait potentially miss one that I want and then have to deal with DW. Option 1 sounds like the least likely to lead to divorce proceedings.

LOL, true. I totally get that.

Doesn't really matter what I missed. F! Shows are sometimes added same day.

Blog says there's a show, phone agents say there's a show, common sense would say that Fantasmic, a villains centric show normally performed daily would be part of the event.

WDW didn't adjust the MK operating hours immediately for the 24 hour day either.

There's going to be a Fantasmic
Except phone agents say their won't be a show along with Guest Services. The only agents claiming there will be a show is Disney Dining.

asianway

Except phone agents say their won't be a show along with Guest Services. The only agents claiming there will be a show is Disney Dining.
As a side note, you have a knack for following some of the sleaziest Disney sites on the net. No wonder you're having problems

wdrive

That's an all-star lineup and I will be happy to get photos with those even if no-one else appears.

I did expect to see Dr. Facilier a/k/a the Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog, but as long as Hades is there, I'm satisfied. Ha!

That is just a partial list, I'd expect Dr, Facilier to be there

Kman101

That's an all-star lineup and I will be happy to get photos with those even if no-one else appears.

I did expect to see Dr. Facilier a/k/a the Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog, but as long as Hades is there, I'm satisfied. Ha!

I'm sure he will be there. If you notice it says a list of "some" of who will be there.

MKCP 1985

The entire list was dropped two pages back. Some people seem to be having difficulty with that
Presumably you are referring to post 278, from Sunday. The list contained within the link was said to be unofficial - our gracious host @wdwmagic posted today that Disney had released an official list, so I was going from today's news. Thanks for the reminder of that earlier information which we can hope is accurate. There are some great names in there.

Kman101

It more or less seems to be the exact same list that was released before, and our insiders here aren't at all dismissing said list. I'd say it seems to be a pretty safe bet.

As a side note, you have a knack for following some of the sleaziest Disney sites on the net. No wonder you're having problems
No one said I followed them just stating what they reported. I think you have missed the point of my complaint it's not that I am having a problem so much as Disney is putting out inconsistent statements themselves. Perhaps if they were consistent people would have no reason to seek info from other sites.

drew81

Well, this is quite the intriguing predicament for Disney. They release the names of villains to phone agents and those agents are releasing that information to anyone who calls. A member on Magic posts the list they were told directly from Disney. And then within a day or two they post a blog with the list and then go back and edit it. Could it be Entertainment was calling DPB staff begging them to edit the list?

ODD to say the least.

cw1982

I'd say there might be a reason to book 60 days out if your trip is during peak season..that could just be me though.

Put it this way: as of right now, we're well within 30 days of the 4th of July, and I haven't seen a single post where people are saying that anything other than Anna and Elsa and 7dmt were unavailable. Those two are booking pretty quickly, so booking at day 60 would be important for them. For everything else? Probably not.

When we were there two weeks ago, I changed my entire Friday's worth of FP+'s to HS instead of MK. HS was doing Star Wars Weekends that day, and it was packed, but I still got all the FP's I wanted less than a week before our visit for that day. So most days, most things are available as late as a day or two before you visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom