News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Ichabod Crane

Since the concept art shows the coaster traveling through an under watcher section, I’m actually wondering if the coaster will be the ride that features all of the villains, and maybe the second ride is a dark ride that focuses on a single film. Like a beloved holiday classic from the year 1993 perhaps. (A man can dream)

bmr1591

Woah... they're actually doing it.

What could the other attraction be besides the apparent Maleficent roller coaster? I would hope something that gives the other villains equal love between them all. Perhaps a sort of Mickey Mouse Revue/Country Bear style AA show...

Also interesting that Scar, Frollo and Kaa were referenced as part of the announcement. I wonder if they'll be incorporated somehow? The Evil Queen, Ursula and Maleficent seem like must-haves so I'm not surprised by those references so much.

I could see a stage show with Villains, but I don’t see a CBJ type show here.

As for the roller coaster, I hope they make it a response to Velocicoaster. You don’t have to go as intense, but make it very geared toward the adult crowd. Its Villains. Kids can have Fantasyland.

Drdcm

This will be fun. I just hope they don’t remove too much to make it happen.

On a different note, I’d like a villains themed hotel at some point.

PREMiERdrum

@PREMiERdrum Any comment? I recall you said previously that this was being planned more as a "bizarro Fantasyland" instead of a horror/scary theme. The concept art looks to be more of a straight gothic tone like I think most people were imagining.
I was surprised and thrilled when this artwork popped up last night.

The trajectory, as it was explained to me, was that these projects were a bit volatile because of the ballooning cost of building the as-envisioned BBTM project. When the leading proposal was the Mesa Village of Coco transitioning immediately past BTMRR which then brought you to a dark woodline as the path continued into a Dark Kingdom concept, the cost projections to achieve suitability were skyrocketing. A direction explored here was a treatment of Villains that created a bizzaro village where they'd set up camp. This is when I started warning about expectations. Showing the OG concept art last night and promising 2 major attractions, the right proposal for the property was chosen.

I'm concerned that the Cars projects got the nod because they could fit on the remains of TSI/ROA, allowing them to do a less-expensive and smaller single-phase BBTM with Villains. Reading the tea leaves from last night, this seems to fit.

Or, if Cars and Villains are both going in the "big loop" BBTM original vision, the ballooning costs of that project could have been enough to kill the was-ready-to-go-months-ago Moana project.

BasiltheBatLord

I was surprised and thrilled when this artwork popped up last night.

The trajectory, as it was explained to me, was that these projects were a bit volatile because of the ballooning cost of building the as-envisioned BBTM project. When the leading proposal was the Mesa Village of Coco transitioning immediately past BTMRR which then brought you to a dark woodline as the path continued into a Dark Kingdom concept, the cost projections to achieve suitability were skyrocketing. A direction explored here was a treatment of Villains that created a bizzaro village where they'd set up camp. This is when I started warning about expectations. Showing the OG concept art last night and promising 2 major attractions, the right proposal for the property was chosen.

I'm concerned that the Cars projects got the nod because they could fit on the remains of TSI/ROA, allowing them to do a less-expensive and smaller single-phase BBTM with Villains. Reading the tea leaves from last night, this seems to fit.

Or, if Cars and Villains are both going in the "big loop" BBTM original vision, the ballooning costs of that project could have been enough to kill the was-ready-to-go-months-ago Moana project.
So sounds like jury is still out on whether BTMM = just Cars and Villans? Or could we expect more to come as part of this project? They never clarified during the presentation.

PREMiERdrum

So sounds like jury is still out on whether BTMM = just Cars and Villans? Or could we expect more to come as part of this project? They never clarified during the presentation.
From what I can suss out BBTM is either Cars and Villains (with TSI/ROA safe) or just Villains, with Cars taking over the rivers. I'm concerned it's the latter.

sWANNISAX

pumped for this. villain land wrapping behind the rivers and emptying into the back of fantasy land and also by mansion makes sense to me. i would try to hide the terrible cars section from view and place it in the wilderness behind some rock work and trees.

is it possible the water we see in the front might be a new riverbed for the rivers of america?

the time of all this being built has me thinking 2030 before it's done

sad moana got cut. adventureland could really use a new ride.

BasiltheBatLord

I’m glad they’re expanding but still disappointed in the concept. Villains does not fit as a land in MK, IMO. I hope they at least give it a more creative name.
I think it fits much better than at any other park.

The idea of having two castles/Fantasylands in MK, a light and a dark, is really appealing symbolism. And if done correctly could be one of the bolder ideas Disney has ever taken on.

FettFan

IMG_8704.jpeg

Phineas

I never thought I’d experience a D23 where I had no notes?!?! This is all just so exciting, and a perfect response to all the overseas expansions that had me seething with jealousy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom