News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

AdventureHasAName

Hey Martin, can you share us the pieces of sketches one of the former Imagineers created for an idea on a Disney Villains Attraction from decades ago?
ChernaBOG.jpg

Mike S

Whatever the main ride of this land is, Disney CANNOT skimp on it. Whether fairly or not it will be directly compared to Monsters Unchained at EPIC. It doesn’t have to be as scary as Universal is touting their ride to be but it needs to match or exceed the scale and ambition. Universal also confirmed plenty of animatronics. We need that here as well.
Closer Look at the rollercoaster in the concept art

I hope this is essentially a resurrected Dragon’s Tower from Beastly Kingdom.
Disney-Animal-Kingdom-Beastly-Kingdom-Dragon-Castle.jpg

image002-39

1400-01c-Dragon-Ride-1030x541-1.jpg

I feel like I'm hallucinating. Half sick and Villains Land is confirmed in the main park, doesn't feel real.

This is the response Disney needed to EU. Competition is finally getting Disney to do what it needs to, and this is why competition is good. This could have not gone better and if the land delivers what is promised this will be one of the top-tier park lands anywhere in the world
It’s amazing what competition will do! So excited to see this, and I hope they surprise us with more upgrades!

Fox&Hound

I could not be happier. I admit I thought they were done when they started talking about Fortnite and was ready to call it another disaster D23 (seriously who organized this presentation? Why all the songs?) but then they dropped this bomb! Holy crap! Bravo, Disney!!!!!

PS- anyone kinda wish they would have kept quiet last D23 and then dropped this surprise this year about Villains?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I could not be happier. I admit I thought they were done when they started talking about Fortnite and was ready to call it another disaster D23 (seriously who organized this presentation? Why all the songs?) but then they dropped this bomb! Holy crap! Bravo, Disney!!!!!

PS- anyone kinda wish they would have kept quiet last D23 and then dropped this surprise this year about Villains?
Told you so :)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I wonder what type of ride system the main E ticket dark ride could be using. My money is on either the Avengers Infinity Defense RV or perhaps the drop tower looking one HK Is getting for Spiderman.

tl77

I don't think either of these are a good fit for Magic Kingdom, but if they remove the river they can easily run the cars under the train bridge, and would have a lot of space for both Cars Land and Villains Land
cars at mk2.jpg

Karakasa

Woah... they're actually doing it.

What could the other attraction be besides the apparent Maleficent roller coaster? I would hope something that gives the other villains equal love between them all. Perhaps a sort of Mickey Mouse Revue/Country Bear style AA show...

Also interesting that Scar, Frollo and Kaa were referenced as part of the announcement. I wonder if they'll be incorporated somehow? The Evil Queen, Ursula and Maleficent seem like must-haves so I'm not surprised by those references so much.

etc98

I don't think either of these are a good fit for Magic Kingdom, but if they remove the river they can easily run the cars under the train bridge, and would have a lot of space for both Cars Land and Villains Land
View attachment 808133
This is my (not necessarily super well thought out) prediction. Keeps more of the Rivers of America than what you had, including the connection with the canal to the Seven Seas Lagoon. They could still run the riverboat too.

Brown is Cars. The smaller section could fit a flat ride and a shop or restaurant or two, and the larger section is about the same size as radiator springs racers, the bigger ride could go there.

Purple is Villains, and is about the same size as Galaxy's Edge. Red is the rerouted train. They could probably do something similar to Disneyland and have a trestle with rockwork along the northern portion of the river to hide Villains land from Thunder Mountain and the riverboat

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 4.19.27 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom