News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

fgmnt

I am completely stunned they committed to this. Not saying to value the commitment of this like it's already gone vertical or something, but if they are gonna start moving the dirt to build this they will have to finish the project. There is only one way out of it, and it's through and up. Go build the thing, Disney.

Sir_Cliff

I have been critical of people dismissing announcements by just saying they're never going to happen, but I'd want more details on this before I got my hopes up. The way it was just tossed out at the end without timeframes or details makes me sceptical it is coming any time soon. If this is 'phase 2' of Beyond Big Thunder, well, we all know the history of phase 2s at Disney parks.

MagicHappens1971

I have been critical of people dismissing announcements by just saying they're never going to happen, but I'd want more details on this before I got my hopes up. The way it was just tossed out at the end without timeframes or details makes me sceptical it is coming any time soon. If this is 'phase 2' of Beyond Big Thunder, well, we all know the history of phase 2s at Disney parks.
Josh said that everything announced today is “not blue sky” meaning it has a budget and has been approved. Whether or not it goes the ways of the Main Street theatre is another story, but it is not really a “phase 2”. They saved it for last because it was the most anticipated.

Sir_Cliff

Josh said that everything announced today is “not blue sky” meaning it has a budget and has been approved. Whether or not it goes the ways of the Main Street theatre is another story, but it is not really a “phase 2”. They saved it for last because it was the most anticipated.
Hopefully that is true, but he also gave next to no specifics about it. Didn't he also say that the Coco ride would break ground in 2026? When they start talking about projects in those kind of timelines, history tells you to be wary.

doctornick

and, to be fair, it is probably the furthest off from being completed.

Sir_Cliff

By this point it would be a very bad look if they were to just scrap the land after making it the “one last thing” major reveal of the panel. Especially with it being presented as a clear answer/competition to Dark Universe. I’d be more concerned about them not actually following the concept art moreso than the land not happening.
They won't care. This seems like a big deal now, but they know that if in two years they quietly stop talking about it no-one is going to stop visiting in protest.

CJR

No mention of any hotel connected to this though...

No hotel mentions at all. Not even Reflections or whatever it'll be called. Josh briefly mentioned some recent hotel projects and I thought it was coming, then nothing related.

I think we'll definitely see more announcements in the year ahead, probably something at Destination D23.

JustInTime

He said ground has already been broken when speaking about the villains land. It was saved for last almost as a highlight. I would be surprise if this gets axed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom