News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Fox&Hound

I am sorry if this has already been said, but why does Disney want to build over rivers of America and TSI instead of just building behind them. Is it guest access? Do they just want to get rid of this area and this is how they are proposing to do it? It is is money related, how is this cheaper than building above TSI? Thanks…

Gusey

I am sorry if this has already been said, but why does Disney want to build over rivers of America and TSI instead of just building behind them. Is it guest access? Do they just want to get rid of this area and this is how they are proposing to do it? It is is money related, how is this cheaper than building above TSI? Thanks…
They would have had to fill in parts of the river anyway to access there and chop down a lot of trees. It's cheaper for them to fill in the river and remove the island, helped by the lower attendance of these attractions

Phicinfan

just from what I have seen and read - land beyond BTMRR would take quite a bit to make stable to build on, plus you have some issues with train as is. This way they use(sorry folks but this is true) less used area in TSI for Cars which also will allow you to build a very accessible corridor to area behind Haunted Mansion. Where Villians land will go. Now, that being said, they will gravel out the area behind BTMRR as a storage site for building materials and such, so potentially they could build in that area in the future. Not saying they will, but could.

TheMaxRebo

In addition to what has been said there are some reports that the river and access canal need a lot of structural work and park ops has been asking for something to be done so they would have to spend a lot of $ anyway just to keep it going and for things that are rather low attended

so rather than than, fill it in to better enable access to the Villains area in the back and put in attractions that will take much more capacity/interest than the riverboat and island and I think to put everything they want just in the area beyond big thunder would be tough with the suitability of the land.

So like most things, a number of factors

doctornick

Not saying its a bad thing, but Incredibles and some other Disney animation would be great as well

Incredibles is Pixar though. And anyway, DHS isn't going to exclude regular Disney feature animation. In addition to Mickey being a huge fixture with both MMRR and F! there's other stuff like the BatB show, Frozen singalone, the return of the Mermaid show, etc.

Basically, I would say that I don't see any need to force Pixar into DHS nor do I think characterizing what is appropriate for DHS by the studio that produced it makes any sense.

TrainsOfDisney

In addition to what has been said there are some reports that the river and access canal need a lot of structural work and park ops has been asking for something to be done so they would have to spend a lot of $ anyway just to keep it going and for things that are rather low attended
I think this is a bit of a mix up.

The park ops were against extending the dead end that is at big thunder.

cookiee_munster

Is it two separate roller coaters we're looking at in the concept art? or just the one? and if so, then is the second attraction over on the right-hand side in that building/castle?

The thorns and dragon is obviously maleficent related, but i the train whizzing past in that green bit in the bottom centre of the art reminds me so much of Hade's river of death.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom