News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Bleed0range

This is what I'm talking about long term in an ideal world. Would need to remove part of Belle's Village (either Gaston's Inn or the store or bathrooms or all of it) to create a guest bridge to the new area.

Villains in red. Expanded Fantasyland in yellow. Guest walkways in blue. The path over Magic Kingdrom Drive would need to be a bridge over that road.

View attachment 811689

How big in acres is the red section really?

brb1006

SquidwardDrinksCoffee.gif

Sure he may be Disney's first "Villain" in years that doesn't rely on the "Twist Villain Trope" or "Generational Trauma" that's been common in Disney Animated Films for years. But King Magnifico doesn't hold a candle to The Evil Queen, Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Hades, Cruella, and Dr Facilier in terms of being threatening and entertaining at the same time.

Not to start debate about Wish, but Magnifico's motives in terms of villainy is confusing. Now if he and his wife were actually threatening like the older concepts for the film, then maybe I could see him being on the same leagues as other Disney Villains that remains popular.
9781368076999.jpg

AidenRodriguez731

View attachment 812791
Sure he may be Disney's first "Villain" in years that doesn't rely on the "Twist Villain Trope" or "Generational Trauma" that's been common in Disney Animated Films for years. But King Magnifico doesn't hold a candle to The Evil Queen, Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Hades, Cruella, and Dr Facilier in terms of being threatening and entertaining at the same time.

Not to start debate about Wish, but Magnifico's motives in terms of villainy is confusing. Now if he and his wife were actually threatening like the older concepts for the film, then maybe I could see him being on the same leagues as other Disney Villains that remains popular.
9781368076999.jpg
My personal take is I wouldn't include him in anything major like a ride (unless he's a very small part)

But making him a meet and greet character might be kinda cool and provide something interesting without really affecting all that much. I'm one of the 5 people who actually liked Wish and rewatched it. It's not a great movie but I consider it good.

I think its clear what kind of villian Magnifico is and I think a lot of his villiany is misattributed in terms of his goals as a lot of people think he's just "not granting everyones wish". No, he forced people to forget their wishes and dreams which we see does have negative effects and makes people feel like they've gotten a piece of themselves taken. At first, he did seem to have noble intentions but after he realized that he could use these peoples wishes even after taking them he gets more and more villianous.

DisneyHead123

View attachment 812791

Yeah I think Magnifico is too sympathetic to make a good villain. Instead of making him an archetype of jealousy, vanity, greed, etc., they decided to give him a tragic backstory that made me hope he’d have a redemption arc. The dynamic with his wife was also weird, like she seemed pleased to lock her husband of however many years away in an eternal dungeon after he went off the rails for a day or two, no questions asked.

brb1006

My personal take is I wouldn't include him in anything major like a ride (unless he's a very small part)

But making him a meet and greet character might be kinda cool and provide something interesting without really affecting all that much. I'm one of the 5 people who actually liked Wish and rewatched it. It's not a great movie but I consider it good.

I think its clear what kind of villian Magnifico is and I think a lot of his villiany is misattributed in terms of his goals as a lot of people think he's just "not granting everyones wish". No, he forced people to forget their wishes and dreams which we see does have negative effects and makes people feel like they've gotten a piece of themselves taken. At first, he did seem to have noble intentions but after he realized that he could use these peoples wishes even after taking them he gets more and more villianous.
I still prefer the film's original take on Magnifico and his Wife prior to creative differences were both characters were genuinely Evil. The finalized version of Magnifico is too sympathetic compared to the original version.

AidenRodriguez731

I still prefer the film's original take on Magnifico and his Wife prior to creative differences were both characters were genuinely Evil. The finalized version of Magnifico is too sympathetic compared to the original version.

Oh 100% agreed, imo the old version of Wish should have been what they went with. I think aspects of it can still be used for a new movie because it does sound better. I'm only saying that Magnifico really WAS a villian. He had a somewhat sympathetic past but used it to become a villian and ruin lives. It's like Syndrome or similar villians. Somewhat like Scar seems to be if you look more into what probably happened in the story. They have a valid reason to be upset but their actions far outweigh that initial trauma and they deserve their comeuppance. A lot of villians are like that. Magnifico is charismatic and nice at first, when no one resists him. No one has any reason to resist him because he made sure they idolize him and any wishes of being better than they currently are were forced out of their head in a brainwashing scenario. We are seeing him in the beginning how the villagers saw him but he's always had his problems and villainy but after the cracks start to show in his "perfect realm" he flat out doesn't care about how people see him anymore and just openly becomes the villian because his ruse has been revealed.

TrainsOfDisney

I think the second ride in this land has to be a trackless dark ride. Magic Kingdom is the last WDW park without a ride using the trackless system and it'll really add some diversity to MK's lineup. A trackless ride version of a Fantasmic-type story is the best case scenario IMO
If they are doing a coaster - I hope the other attraction has no height limit.

ToTBellHop

I think the second ride in this land has to be a trackless dark ride. Magic Kingdom is the last WDW park without a ride using the trackless system and it'll really add some diversity to MK's lineup. A trackless ride version of a Fantasmic-type story is the best case scenario IMO
If the Tomorrowland Speedway isn’t trackless for you, you’re not being creative enough. I drove down to Epcot.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Call me crazy but my dream Villains attraction would be an old-school bus bar "laff in the dark" with swing doors and UV painted flats. It could have all the modern trimmings but the look should be distinctly classic. Actually, I think the entire land should more closely resemble ye olde Fantasyland in character. It just feels right. And would be of great contrast from EPIC 's offerings. Disney needs to be Disney here. The intimacy of those older attractions can't be matched.

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
This is what I'm talking about long term in an ideal world. Would need to remove part of Belle's Village (either Gaston's Inn or the store or bathrooms or all of it) to create a guest bridge to the new area.

Villains in red. Expanded Fantasyland in yellow. Guest walkways in blue. The path over Magic Kingdrom Drive would need to be a bridge over that road.

View attachment 811689
I think they’re going to focus on expanding the west side of MK over the next 10 years based on the SFWMD permit they filed. They have a lot of space on that side of the park.
In the engineering report Disney submitted to the SFWMD, the report notes that Disney plans to develop the basin in the southwest corner of Adventureland (the rumored location on Moana) and this is being taken into account in creating the new regional stormwater facility that is allowing them to build Cars and Villains.

Long-term, I also noticed they are creating a water detention pond at the very bottom of the laydown yard basin. It’s interesting that the pond is located and sized just right so they have enough room to build a bridge over the canal to the rumored Moana attraction. This would initially be used for construction, but long term, they could use the laydown yard area in orange for another significant park expansion and connect it all together so there’s no dead end.

View attachment 812808

View attachment 812809

Ghost93

He was in the announcement video.
I said this earlier, but even though his movie is obscure, he could still work as a character that makes appearances around Halloween. Most people haven't seen the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, but the Headless Horseman still makes cameos here and there. I imagine it will be a similar situation with the Horned King.

Average park guests might even assume he's a Parks original character!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom