News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

TheMaxRebo

I would say the ideal outcome would be ripping out the Tangeled bathrooms and putting a Tangled ride somewhere else and having a new enterence/exit between mansion and small world. They'd never do it but that would be the best outcome

I did a tour where we went backstage of the Haunted Mansion and we accessed it via the oath b/w HM and IASW and I can say those two show buildings are really close together, just don't see how they could use that as access especially when you need to do something to block the view of the show buildings.

If they do anything I could see more where Pinocchio' Village house/bathrooms are, or if they really stretch it, over to the Circus Area

TheMaxRebo

I wondering they would consider another entrance to the park through Villains land and/or adding a hotel at that end of the park

Would also help out with logistics leaving the park at the end of the day if more than one exit

ToTBellHop

They are all about making sure loops exist now. I'm almost certain there will be a connection from the bathrooms by Village Haus.
Three options:
1724680758795.png

Red crosses an access road they can’t cross. Yellow is rather narrow (like the pinch point between Pan and Small World) flanked by two tall show buildings they’d rather not have us see. Plus it requires the removal of huge restrooms. Blue is easiest because they’re paving over the rivers and nothing needs to be sacrificed beyond that. So, blue is the east connection.

TheMaxRebo

Three options:
View attachment 811679
Red crosses an access road they can’t cross. Yellow is rather narrow (like the pinch point between Pan and Small World) flanked by two tall show buildings they’d rather not have us see. Plus it requires the removal of huge restrooms. Blue is easiest because they’re paving over the rivers and nothing needs to be sacrificed beyond that. So, blue is the east connection.

I'd be shocked if they don't do the blue line oath - I think that is one of the reasons for filling in Rivers of America as they would have to do som thing anyway to enable that path

And then would be a way into Villains land around by Big Thunder

My into question is if those two paths are the only way in or if they try for a third (either from Fantasy Land or a separate entrance)

Will b fascinating to watch over the coming years

ToTBellHop

I'd be shocked if they don't do the blue line oath - I think that is one of the reasons for filling in Rivers of America as they would have to do som thing anyway to enable that path

And then would be a way into Villains land around by Big Thunder

My into question is if those two paths are the only way in or if they try for a third (either from Fantasy Land or a separate entrance)

Will b fascinating to watch over the coming years
Any plans I‘ve heard of have those two connections. Works for our SWGE, Pandora, and TSL.

doctornick

Any plans I‘ve heard of have those two connections. Works for our SWGE, Pandora, and TSL.

My only ask would be that they leave some space on the east side of Villains to allow for a potential future guest walkway from Fantasyland. While I don't expect anything short term, it would be nice if they allowed for the possibility of connecting to a future expanded Fantasyland that could be build on the north side of the backstage road.

ToTBellHop

My only ask would be that they leave some space on the east side of Villains to allow for a potential future guest walkway from Fantasyland. While I don't expect anything short term, it would be nice if they allowed for the possibility of connecting to a future expanded Fantasyland that could be build on the north side of the backstage road.
It’s not really possible because they need to keep that road into the Utilidors. You’d need an enclosed guest tunnel. I can’t see that happening. And that doesn’t even account for fireworks issues. These kinds of issues are part of why RoA has to leave to make this work. But, there will still be space for expansion when they’re done.

Last edited:

fgmnt

It’s not really possible because they need to keep that road into the Utilidors. You’d need an enclosed guest tunnel. I can’t see that happening. And that doesn’t even account for fireworks issues. These kinds of issues are part of why RoA has to leave to make this work. But, there will still be space for expansion when they’re done.
Yeah, most charitably it would be a nontrivial engineering challenge to get a guest path behind IASW from Village Haus; the guest path would actually be more of a bridge over the utilidor entrance area until you get around the back and then get to the grade. Plus you would be adding a guest path another 250 feet into the fallout zone for fireworks. I would like it in theory but I definitely don’t expect it in practice.

TheMaxRebo

Yeah, most charitably it would be a nontrivial engineering challenge to get a guest path behind IASW from Village Haus; the guest path would actually be more of a bridge over the utilidor entrance area until you get around the back and then get to the grade. Plus you would be adding a guest path another 250 feet into the fallout zone for fireworks. I would like it in theory but I definitely don’t expect it in practice.
Could do some sort of covered walkway/tunnel that is also a bridge over the utilidoor access - make it like a longer version of the Galaxy's Edge Grand Ave tunnel. Help ease into the change of theme from Fantasyland to Villains land ...

... but definitely not trivial

doctornick

No reason you couldn't have a bridge over the access road to get to that area. Wouldn't need to be an enclosed pathway. I wouldn't do it at Village House or the Tangled bathrooms though. If not removing IASW and relocating, I think the best option would be to remove part of Belle's village and put a bridge from there north.

Fireworks fallout could be a thing, true, but worse case is they close it to guests before fireworks like they do with Toontown in DL.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
No reason you couldn't have a bridge over the access road to get to that area. Wouldn't need to be an enclosed pathway. I wouldn't do it at Village House or the Tangled bathrooms though. If not removing IASW and relocating, I think the best option would be to remove part of Belle's village and put a bridge from there north.

Fireworks fallout could be a thing, true, but worse case is they close it to guests before fireworks like they do with Toontown in DL.
Yeah I don't think fireworks is really a problem, just close off the area in the fallout zone before and after fireworks. I know there are rumors they want to add alternative fireworks viewing over here, which would be great, you could just have that area farther away from fallout zone.

doctornick

This is what I'm talking about long term in an ideal world. Would need to remove part of Belle's Village (either Gaston's Inn or the store or bathrooms or all of it) to create a guest bridge to the new area.

Villains in red. Expanded Fantasyland in yellow. Guest walkways in blue. The path over Magic Kingdrom Drive would need to be a bridge over that road.

1724687458939.png

James Alucobond

It is vastly more trouble than it’s worth to connect to Fantasyland when you can just loop between Liberty Square and western Frontierland. Again, I could see them doing something down the road if Haunted Mansion or Small World ever get the axe, but that’s pretty unlikely in the near term.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The views and noise would be awful if it were an open bridge. That’s a very active road there.

This is the first real expansion in almost 55 years. They won’t be expanding further for a long time, so the point is largely moot here.
Aren't there many examples of guests going over roads to to enter other areas? I think Fantasy Springs goes over a bridge over a road to go in.

Bocabear

To me, it would seem like removing/ relocating Small World and opening up that area as a new passage/Fantasyland village extension to the new portal entrance to Villains Land or whatever they will call it... Only remove the back half of the ROA leaving the Frontierland facing part of the ROA in place.... Expand the pat to the left side of the Haunted Mansion back to the newly acquired and filled in land without removing All of the ROA waterway... That section of the park would remain looking as it does without the intrusion of a cartoon franchise facing the historic section of the park... Small World would be the perfect addition to EPCOT...What other attraction is the absolute embodiment of World Celebration? They could do a new take on the Mary Blair facade with new tech and have another show and lighting opportunity.

ToTBellHop

Aren't there many examples of guests going over roads to to enter other areas? I think Fantasy Springs goes over a bridge over a road to go in.
The closest example to what we’d have here is Downtown Disney in DL. And I was still able to hear cars on Disneyland Dr. They do it out of necessity there. In MK, there’s no need. Other, far easier places to expand when they decide to in 2080.

WowFactor

Honestly, if they are hell bent on spending money to replace things instead of build on undeveloped ground, this would be the #1 thing to do. Put IASW in WS in Epcot, put in the Tokyo Tangled ride next to the bathrooms while creating a path to future Villains while opening up a ton of space for future FL expansion in the future.

This was exactly what I imagined when I developed my project for Villain’s Village. I considered that in the future IASW would give way to Tokyo’s Tangled and I put in a “secret” passage replacing the toilets with a facade reproducing the water dam. Another entrance would be next to Pinocchio to avoid dead ends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom