News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is there any expectation that the underground tunnel systems is also expanded for this new part of the park, or would that be too difficult with existing layout?
The utilidors is at literal ground level.

Everything over it was built up to be the second level. But with long sloping leading up to the second level, people don't notice they're on the second level.

This second level in the middle of the park slopes downward toward the RoA bank, and the RoA itself is lower than the bank.

So, for tunnels to extend out there, they'd need to dig down, or add tons of dirt over new utilidors.

It's very highly unlikely they'd do either.

FutureCEO

To me, it would seem like removing/ relocating Small World and opening up that area as a new passage/Fantasyland village extension to the new portal entrance to Villains Land or whatever they will call it... Only remove the back half of the ROA leaving the Frontierland facing part of the ROA in place.... Expand the pat to the left side of the Haunted Mansion back to the newly acquired and filled in land without removing All of the ROA waterway... That section of the park would remain looking as it does without the intrusion of a cartoon franchise facing the historic section of the park... Small World would be the perfect addition to EPCOT...What other attraction is the absolute embodiment of World Celebration? They could do a new take on the Mary Blair facade with new tech and have another show and lighting opportunity.

Today's Disney is not going to relocate a big ride.

fgmnt

Not exactly on this topic, but there are 4 smaller pads that are more likely to get a new attraction before any actual expansion: Stitch pad, Speedway pad, Galaxy Palace Theater Pad, Adventureland pad. The next new attraction at MK after Villains will go in one of those places.

UNCgolf

This is what I'm talking about long term in an ideal world. Would need to remove part of Belle's Village (either Gaston's Inn or the store or bathrooms or all of it) to create a guest bridge to the new area.

Villains in red. Expanded Fantasyland in yellow. Guest walkways in blue. The path over Magic Kingdrom Drive would need to be a bridge over that road.

View attachment 811689

If they were going to do that, it would make more sense to build a connecting path over at the circus. That's an area they will hopefully demolish/retheme at some point anyways, so they'd have more freedom to make it work.

Quietmouse

Not exactly on this topic, but there are 4 smaller pads that are more likely to get a new attraction before any actual expansion: Stitch pad, Speedway pad, Galaxy Palace Theater Pad, Adventureland pad. The next new attraction at MK after Villains will go in one of those places.

Doesn’t really have to be after villains. No reason why they can’t construct a Moana boat ride in adventure land while at the same work on cars land/villains land.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I currently have a prayer circle set up, black goo from Prometheus, the whole set up. I just know they're looking into the area for development.
I think DHS is the better option. Though with Villains being introduced in MK, perhaps they can finally shed some of their saccharine sweet kiddo park branding and add back some of stuff for "all ages" including the more mature offerings.

RSoxNo1

Honestly, if they are hell bent on spending money to replace things instead of build on undeveloped ground, this would be the #1 thing to do. Put IASW in WS in Epcot, put in the Tokyo Tangled ride next to the bathrooms while creating a path to future Villains while opening up a ton of space for future FL expansion in the future.
Yep, now is the best possible time to do this.

RSoxNo1

Any plans I‘ve heard of have those two connections. Works for our SWGE, Pandora, and TSL.
Do you mean that there would be paths on both sides of Haunted Mansion to Villains?

It’s not really possible because they need to keep that road into the Utilidors. You’d need an enclosed guest tunnel. I can’t see that happening. And that doesn’t even account for fireworks issues. These kinds of issues are part of why RoA has to leave to make this work. But, there will still be space for expansion when they’re done.
Isn't the move just to do themed gates through the access road? That's common, no?

ToTBellHop

Do you mean that there would be paths on both sides of Haunted Mansion to Villains?

Isn't the move just to do themed gates through the access road? That's common, no?
On roads that need less frequent access than that one. The goal would be to avoid closing a guest pathway multiple times each day.

And I mean an entrance west of HM and another east of BTMRR.

Moth

I think DHS is the better option. Though with Villains being introduced in MK, perhaps they can finally shed some of their saccharine sweet kiddo park branding and add back some of stuff for "all ages" including the more mature offerings.
I'd love Alien in WDW as a whole but I'd greatly prefer DHS yeah. I wouldn't mind Nostromo in MK though. That'd be a good fit.

I don't know if it's gonna be Alien, some other IP, I just know the space has eyes on it. For all I know if could be like, a meet and greet space or something.

TheMaxRebo

I'd love Alien in WDW as a whole but I'd greatly prefer DHS yeah. I wouldn't mind Nostromo in MK though. That'd be a good fit.

I don't know if it's gonna be Alien, some other IP, I just know the space has eyes on it. For all I know if could be like, a meet and greet space or something.

They use it for meeting Elvis Stitch during the Halloween party. Obviously not the best use of the space but something that allowed for multiple character meets in doors in Tormorrowland wouldn't be the worst thing.

Could do Stitch, Buzz, (be great to have characters from Meet the Robinsons or something as well), etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom