News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Gusey

Is it two separate roller coaters we're looking at in the concept art? or just the one? and if so, then is the second attraction over on the right-hand side in that building/castle?

The thorns and dragon is obviously maleficent related, but i the train whizzing past in that green bit in the bottom centre of the art reminds me so much of Hade's river of death.
It looks to be one rollercoaster. However, with Villains Land, it seems that the concept art is a rough idea and there is nothing set in stone. Josh D'Amaro was correct when saying it is in active development, but I think this land is probably the least developed of everything announced and will be built by 2030 :)

Tha Realest

Disney bought (or rebought, I suppose) the rights to the series and had plans for a live action adaptation like a decade ago, but nothing ever came of it.
They’d love to have their own GOT. Percy Jackson has done well for them. The new GOT series on Max I think does well - I haven’t been following their ratings. If I had to guess they’re following the reception for something like Rings of Power. All that said, while I like the books, the IP is somewhat 1) unknown, and, to the extent it’s known, 2) not fondly due to the reception to the 1985 film

Tha Realest

Insiders have stated WDW management is not interested in taking a popular ride down for a month every year for an overlay. Hence why no overlays for the WDW Haunted Mansion.
They can’t afford to, given insufficient capacity.

That’s why they were waiting for TBA to come online before they started the BTMRR refurb. Alas, the unreliability of TBA is throwing a lurch in those plans.

TsWade2

Sorry to be a late comer, but even though I’m a little bit jealous of you guys, but I’m very happy you guys are excited that your WDW will have a Villains Land. Too bad, that Disneyland I go too gets an Avatar Land, but what can you do? You know, this may not happen, but I would love to see a Villains stage show revue be added. Maybe similar to this: I decided to change video since I've been making fun of. So I change to the better one instead.

Last edited:

Sneaky

Sorry to be a late comer, but even though I’m a little bit jealous of you guys, but I’m very happy you guys are excited that your WDW will have a Villains Land. Too bad, that Disneyland I go too gets an Avatar Land, but what can you do? You know, this may not happen, but I would love to see a Villains stage show revue be added. Maybe similar to this:

“we’ve come for your river chuck”

Bocabear

Sorry to be a late comer, but even though I’m a little bit jealous of you guys, but I’m very happy you guys are excited that your WDW will have a Villains Land. Too bad, that Disneyland I go too gets an Avatar Land, but what can you do? You know, this may not happen, but I would love to see a Villains stage show revue be added. Maybe similar to this:

don't be too jealous, we will be getting the mis-placed Cars themed "Further West National Park" land ruining the back of the park, and the Villains Land will not even open for another 6 years...but probably longer if it is not cancelled completely... only thing sure at this point is they are going to remove the ROA and make a huge mess for the next 4 years.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Someday, Disney's going to make a mint by offering VR tours of their parks in their original state using the holo-tile.
I'm going to keep banging this drum. They should open DisneyQuest 2.0 with black box simulators which can rotate through "seasons" of beloved, extinct attractions and new ride concepts. Relatively low cost to update regularly and they would get tons of repeat business.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Is it two separate roller coaters we're looking at in the concept art? or just the one? and if so, then is the second attraction over on the right-hand side in that building/castle?

The thorns and dragon is obviously maleficent related, but i the train whizzing past in that green bit in the bottom centre of the art reminds me so much of Hade's river of death.
As @Gusey said, it is early art, but I agree it's meant to be one roller coaster that I image brings you into different villain lairs, including, under the water. I don't know if they can really pull that off, but that concert with the type of coaster we have with Hagrid's could be something else.

CoasterCowboy67

So in the foreground of the concept art, the coaster appears to be going through a glowing cave / ravine of sorts below the level where people are walking. Maybe like Hades’ Underworld. Not sure if other see it the same way?

Makes me wonder, could they be using the back part of an empty ROA to actually run the coaster below ground-level? An emptied out river, but not filled in for some portion, provides a natural way to create that effect that is otherwise difficult or costly to do in Florida given the water table

Hard to tell for sure, but could be neat. Like the original Slinky dog artwork that didn’t quite happen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom