News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Gusey

This is the path to Villains Land Left to Haunted Mansion. I doubt they'd have another one on the other side of Haunted Mansion
1724614527082.png

James Alucobond

I’d love to see it, but I don’t see how that can happen unless they remove something in Fantasyland (eg Village Haus, IASW, Tangled bathrooms, etc).
Agreed. I’m more inclined to believe that phase 1 will dead end, with phase 2 planned to complete a secondary loop farther west. I don’t think there will be a Fantasyland connection unless they do some major rework of the tourney tent alley down the road.

Wall-e

Apologies if this was mentioned already but has anyone seen this article from The Disney Food Blog? It shows there’s a coaster track at the foreground of the concept art. Is this is a separate attraction or a portion of the Malificent coaster?

I can’t see them being able to build a ride structure that far into the water table so now that I am seeing a different perspective on the concept art picture I believe this is supposed to represent a higher foreground and not subterrain.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is the path to Villains Land Left to Haunted Mansion. I doubt they'd have another one on the other side of Haunted Mansion
View attachment 811590
This is an artist concept of what Cars Mini-Land would look like if dropped into Paris DL.

Using this work of fiction to sus out trails along the periphery would not yield accurate information.

doctornick

Time to bounce in here and suggest relocating it's a small world. It's been a few days since I've suggested it.
Honestly, if they are hell bent on spending money to replace things instead of build on undeveloped ground, this would be the #1 thing to do. Put IASW in WS in Epcot, put in the Tokyo Tangled ride next to the bathrooms while creating a path to future Villains while opening up a ton of space for future FL expansion in the future.

ctrlaltdel

Honestly, if they are hell bent on spending money to replace things instead of build on undeveloped ground, this would be the #1 thing to do. Put IASW in WS in Epcot, put in the Tokyo Tangled ride next to the bathrooms while creating a path to future Villains while opening up a ton of space for future FL expansion in the future.
This is... a very good idea actually. It would be a net benefit to both parks.

I am assuming there will be a path to Villains from Fantasyland (there is no way such a popular future land will be a dead end, and making another entrance by big thunder isn't really efficient when one will be right next to HM) but at the moment there isn't really an ideal place to put it.

Tangled bathrooms make the most in terms of minimizing the impact to guests/backstage, but it is extremely narrow between the HM show building and the IASW show building, and I think that small area is used to easily access both attractions backstage. Most likely, I think Pinocchio Village Haus kitchen/restrooms is where it will ultimately go, you can modify the building to keep the kitchen there and keep backstage access by building a gentle sloping bridge over the access road, and 360° rockwork surrounding Villains to hide the backstage buildings that surround it.

doctornick

I am assuming there will be a path to Villains from Fantasyland (there is no way such a popular future land will be a dead end, and making another entrance by big thunder isn't really efficient when one will be right next to HM) but at the moment there isn't really an ideal place to put it.

I don't really see how they would do any path from Fantasyland without removing something and there's no real indication that is planned. I would presume that Villains will have an entrance from BTMRR and another one from HM. With them taking over all of the RoA space, I would expect the Villains land to stretch within the space basically between those two rides

doctornick

This is an artist concept of what Cars Mini-Land would look like if dropped into Paris DL.

Using this work of fiction to sus out trails along the periphery would not yield accurate information.

Isn't BTMRR largely right in the middle of the TSI equivalent in Paris? I mean, that would certainly make any conclusions from the art to be relatively worthless in terms of orientation for MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom