News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

bwr827

The phrase does not mean anything to me as I know we are years, and years, and years from seeing anything.
Congratulations on obtaining your crystal ball!

I have so many questions but I’ll restrain myself to one:
- What will Epic Universe’s first-year attendance be? (accuracy within 10k is acceptable)

Purduevian

Isn't Fantasy Springs 35 acres?
I think I got the scale right... but it is enormous
1724079307476.png

Disstevefan1

Congratulations on obtaining your crystal ball!

I have so many questions but I’ll restrain myself to one:
- What will Epic Universe’s first-year attendance be? (accuracy within 10k is acceptable)
I wish I had a crystal ball, I could tell everyone how long this stuff will take.

I will correct myself. In watching how long it took for TRON, the WDW RR, and the destruction of EPCOT Future World took, In my opinion , we are years, and years, and years from seeing anything.

Please don't give me the pandemic BS.

As for EPIC, In my opinion, Universal is intentionally limiting attendance with the ticket packages. Very smart in my opinion.

Disney fans will be very happy when MK retains the title of most visited park in 25 and probably 26.

Last edited:

peter11435

I wish I had a crystal ball, I could tell everyone how long this stuff will take.

I will correct myself. In watching how long it took for TRON. the WDW RR, and the destruction of EPCOT Future World took, In my opinion , we are years, and years, and years from seeing anything.

As for EPIC, In my opinion, Universal is intentionally limiting attendance with the ticket packages. Very smart in my opinion.

Disney fans will be very happy when MK retains the title of most visited park in 25 and probably 26.
It’s cool to say “Please don't give me the pandemic BS” but then you are intentionally overlooking the reason why .

bwr827

I will correct myself. In watching how long it took for TRON. the WDW RR, and the destruction of EPCOT Future World took, In my opinion , we are years, and years, and years from seeing anything.

Okay I’ll leave aside the perfectly reasonable explanation.

Let’s hope there won’t be a repeat so we can enjoy all the new stuff by 2030.

Disstevefan1

In my opinion -

I am sure we will have some of the new stuff open to the public by 2030 -

The AK stuff - YES.

Cars in MK 😭 😭 😭maybe

Monsters in DHS, :mad::mad::mad: maybe.

When I think of these projects in these parks being built in parallel, I don't believe it will happen; I do not think Disney will spend the money for all the resources they need to do this all at the same time.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
In my opinion -

I am sure we will have some of the new stuff open to the public by 2030 -

The AK stuff - YES.

Cars in MK 😭 😭 😭maybe

Monsters in DHS, :mad::mad::mad: maybe.

When I think of these projects in these parks being built in parallel, I don't believe it will happen; I do not think Disney will spend the money for all the resources they need to do this all at the same time.
Unless they fast track things I don't see a reason to visit MK 'till 2030. For our crew that's being able to ride the train and not seeing construction walls. Universal and Dollywood for the next 5 years.

I can see Disney offering some seriously discounted packages soon though.

Ghost93

Unless they fast track things I don't see a reason to visit MK 'till 2030. For our crew that's being able to ride the train and not seeing construction walls. Universal and Dollywood for the next 5 years.

I can see Disney offering some seriously discounted packages soon though.
I agree. D23 made me excited to go to Disneyworld and Disneyland....in 5-7 years after all of the new projects were completed. Because in the interim, it sounds like we will have an Animal Kingdom with no Dinoland, making the park feel extra small.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Media outlets were told (privately) that everything they announced would be built in the next 5 years, which I personally doubt. Maybe construction for all will be started by 2029? Not fully completed, though.

phillip9698

A easily re-theme-able dark ride (think nightmare before xmas haunted mansion) would be ideal in conjunction with the villians coaster..

Insiders have stated WDW management is not interested in taking a popular ride down for a month every year for an overlay. Hence why no overlays for the WDW Haunted Mansion.

Ghost93

Thinking about how the likely reason Cars is filling in the RoA is because if it were behind Big Thunder, they'd have to downscale Villain's Land. We finally get a Villain themed area, at the cost of the visual heart of the west side of MK...
View attachment 810531
I think if Villains land is GREAT it will be worth losing Rivers of America, but if they drop the ball on Villains land (like they did with Tiana's Bayou Adventure), it will have all been for nothing.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

I think if Villains land is GREAT it will be worth losing Rivers of America, but if they drop the ball on Villains land (like they did with Tiana's Bayou Adventure), it will have all been for nothing.
The odds aren't in their favor. I hope they give it their all.

What I really hope for is a DL Galaxy's Edge situation where they save the rivers, but... oh well. Disney doesn't care about MK as much as they do DL.

rle4lunch

Insiders have stated WDW management is not interested in taking a popular ride down for a month every year for an overlay. Hence why no overlays for the WDW Haunted Mansion.

new villains land ride could be screeeennnnzzzz and pull it off pretty well if they mixed GOTGMR/MMRR/TT 3.0 (maybe, TBD in 2025) technologies.. easier to retheme something like that (I would think) than doing a DL HM overlay, right??

who am i kidding. they won't do any of that.

Bocabear

with removing the ROA would they actually complete the rest of the current thematic areas? Have a completion to Liberty square since the dock and steamboat will be gone...an opposite side of the street in the current Frontierland since there will no longer be a water side area... but at least complete the town setting so that it is not just wilderness mountain walls and trees. That might help with re-establishing the thematic areas and making them feel more immersive... or better yet turn the area from Haunted Mansion to Liberty Square into a bustling 19th Century Hudson River Vally village... Continuing to Frontierland through a set of City Gates that would transition into an early 20th Century New Orleans setting... Then just beyond Tiana, create a more immersive Western Town as the setting for Big Thunder... not sure how to transition from there into a 20th century Far West Mountain Adventure setting....and then complete the circle with a Neogothic Villains Land... It would be hard to make all of that work....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom