News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Two Ears

An amazing coaster with immersive features like the 7dmt but much scarier and longer should definately be one of the rides.

then an awesome dark ride with its own thrills and great interaction of screens and real life. Its needs to be much better the rise of resistance which lacks re-rideability due to the complete lack of any thrilling parts. Using screens is great when done well because it can put you in the fantasy world more than animatronics. FOP is proof of that. But the screens need to be done well. If not then they just look like a bad video game.

they absolutely need to go all out on both these rides if disney is to remain the best theme park in the world. The competition has now caught up and is about to go past them if they dont lift their game.

bmr1591

I wouldn’t be mad if the coaster had different portions with Yuma, Maleficent, Ursula, Jafar, Hades, etc. I don’t think they’ll do that, but it would give them all a small portion to shine.

Capsin4

I LOVE the look of Maleficent's castle! This is a dream come true!

By the way, I found it surprising that the announcement video for the villains' land contained quite a few clips of the Horned King from The Black Cauldron. Is there a slight chance he or the cauldron itself might make an appearance in the villain land?
I hope it’s something they go back to at some point. That book series needs a live action streaming series.

UNCgolf

I hope it’s something they go back to at some point. That book series needs a live action streaming series.

Disney bought (or rebought, I suppose) the rights to the series and had plans for a live action adaptation like a decade ago, but nothing ever came of it.

Haymarket2008

I've said it before, but this land would really benefit from other smaller scale attractions in addition to the headliners.

They already have promised something potentially on a similar scale to Fantasy Springs (thank goodness), so hitting us with 1-2 E-tickets as well as maybe a C-ticket dark ride and B ticket flat ride would be awesome.

Something akin to the Tangled boat ride and the smaller Tinker Bell experience. But......Villains.

Maybe....?
- A small scale bus-bar style dark ride through the woods of Sleepy Hollow (as was originally planned for MK's 1971 Fantasyland).
- Underworld/Hades small scale boat ride.

I think we all can agree that the heavy hitter will more or less be You vs. Villains. Probably an escape from Maleficent's castle or....

In my heart of hearts, I'd love the framing device of the "big one" to be Night on Bald Mountain but featuring the whole host of characters. Can you just imagine that Mussorgsky score playing throughout the ride? WOOF.

doctornick

I've said it before, but this land would really benefit from other smaller scale attractions in addition to the headliners.

They already have promised something potentially on a similar scale to Fantasy Springs (thank goodness), so hitting us with 1-2 E-tickets as well as maybe a C-ticket dark ride and B ticket flat ride would be awesome.

Something akin to the Tangled boat ride and the smaller Tinker Bell experience. But......Villains.

Maybe....?
- A small scale bus-bar style dark ride through the woods of Sleepy Hollow (as was originally planned for MK's 1971 Fantasyland).
- Underworld/Hades small scale boat ride.

I think we all can agree that the heavy hitter will more or less be You vs. Villains. Probably an escape from Maleficent's castle or....

In my heart of hearts, I'd love the framing device of the "big one" to be Night on Bald Mountain but featuring the whole host of characters. Can you just imagine that Mussorgsky score playing throughout the ride? WOOF.

I'm hoping that when he said there would be "2 major attractions" (or whatever the exact quote was) that the implication is that there would be at least one "minor" attraction. Having a flat ride or a show or something to compliment the more significant attractions would be ideal.

Nickm2022

I personally want one ride (the coaster) to be class villains from the 30's-50's like Malificent, Chernabog, the dragon, etc. And the other ride to be the 90's villains, Hades, Gaston, Ursula, etc.

A weird caveat is there's been so many versions of Cruella she can kinda go anywhere.

co10064

Premium Member
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… regardless of the tone of the land, there needs to be at least one truly thrilling E-ticket experience. Magic Kingdom desperately needs more mature offerings. It looks like the coaster will be that.

As it currently stands, MK is the one WDW park that doesn’t have a unique (non-cloned) E-ticket attraction. It is also the park that is geared the most towards children.

That coaster needs to be on the intensity scale of at least Everest or RNRC. Anything less than that will be a failure IMO.

As for the rumored dark ride, I say let that be the more all-ages/all heights attraction. Maybe a step up from Haunted Mansion in tone… perhaps about on the Tower of Terror level of scariness.

A Halloween Horror Nights type experience is certainly not what is needed, but neither is a sanitized version of scary that caters exclusively to preschool or elementary-aged children. They have all of Fantasyland (and now Cars) for that.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I mean, unless Disney finds their own answer to the busbar KUKA ride system, I'd assume it's a pretty safe bet that the dark ride will be the same ride system as Peter Pan's Never Land Adventure and Avengers: Infinity Defense, right?

Disstevefan1

I am completely stunned they committed to this. Not saying to value the commitment of this like it's already gone vertical or something, but if they are gonna start moving the dirt to build this they will have to finish the project. There is only one way out of it, and it's through and up. Go build the thing, Disney.
D'Amaro said these projects are "in development", I think all that means is the design committee is "working" on it . Yes he said something about moving dirt, but that's just BS, in my opinion, this presentation was was mostly BS.

Yes, something, someplace may be build in sometime, but its not known what we will end up with until they open said attraction and/or land.

I think the only thing I have seen so far is permits for construction trailers in AK? No actual work on attractions/lands as far as I know.

I am ready to get flamed by the pixie dusters ;)

My personal hopes the plan to fill in the River of America dies.

Last edited:

bmr1591

D'Amaro said these projects are "in development", I think all that means is the design committee is "working" on it . Yes he said something about moving dirt, but that's just BS, in my opinion, this presentation was was mostly BS.

Yes, something, someplace may be build in sometime, but its not known what we will end up with until they open said attraction and/or land.

I think the only thing I have seen so far is permits for construction trailers in AK? No actual work on attractions/lands as far as I know.

I am ready to get flamed by the pixie dusters ;)

My personal hopes the plan to fill in the River of America dies.

I think dirt is being moved on many of the things presented, but definitely not all. But once construction begins on different areas later this year and early next year, people won't question that phrasing because dirt is now being moved.

Sneaky

A good point brought up by a non park fan friend of mine that made me think: “is magic kingdom even gonna be a one day park still after this?”

bmr1591

A good point brought up by a non park fan friend of mine that made me think: “is magic kingdom even gonna be a one day park still after this?”

If you've never been, it's already a two day park. When you know how to run things and are efficient with your time, you can make it a one day, but those not as knowledgeable about Disney systems and rides to not worry with will make it a couple days already.

Sneaky

If you've never been, it's already a two day park. When you know how to run things and are efficient with your time, you can make it a one day, but those not as knowledgeable about Disney systems and rides to not worry with will make it a couple days already.
Oh I’ve been many times. It’s already kinda a big day, but we’ve still only been one day. We don’t do everything, but we use the late night hours to our advantage

Disstevefan1

I think dirt is being moved on many of the things presented, but definitely not all. But once construction begins on different areas later this year and early next year, people won't question that phrasing because dirt is now being moved.
The phrase does not mean anything to me as I know we are years, and years, and years from seeing anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom