News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

James Alucobond

with removing the ROA would they actually complete the rest of the current thematic areas? Have a completion to Liberty square since the dock and steamboat will be gone...an opposite side of the street in the current Frontierland since there will no longer be a water side area... but at least complete the town setting so that it is not just wilderness mountain walls and trees. That might help with re-establishing the thematic areas and making them feel more immersive... or better yet turn the area from Haunted Mansion to Liberty Square into a bustling 19th Century Hudson River Vally village... Continuing to Frontierland through a set of City Gates that would transition into an early 20th Century New Orleans setting... Then just beyond Tiana, create a more immersive Western Town as the setting for Big Thunder... not sure how to transition from there into a 20th century Far West Mountain Adventure setting....and then complete the circle with a Neogothic Villains Land... It would be hard to make all of that work....
The boardwalk and a stream look to be maintained on the north side of the path along the Frontierland facades, with some runoff from the peaks/cliffs cascading into it. We'll see how that turns out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it extend from the Diamond Horseshoe (where we can see it start) all the way down to TBA (which is hidden in the current art, so guessing). From there, it seems to open up to some geysers that Big Thunder overlooks. The Liberty Belle's boathouse seems to be maintained, perhaps converted to a shop, but I agree that some additional props and/or structures around it would be helpful.

Fido Chuckwagon

I recommend they rip out some of the “new fantasyland‘ crap from the early 2010s including the rainforest cafe caliber beast castle and the lame little mermaid ride and build on that land which is where this project was originally supposed to start anyway
nono.gif

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

with removing the ROA would they actually complete the rest of the current thematic areas? Have a completion to Liberty square since the dock and steamboat will be gone...an opposite side of the street in the current Frontierland since there will no longer be a water side area... but at least complete the town setting so that it is not just wilderness mountain walls and trees. That might help with re-establishing the thematic areas and making them feel more immersive... or better yet turn the area from Haunted Mansion to Liberty Square into a bustling 19th Century Hudson River Vally village... Continuing to Frontierland through a set of City Gates that would transition into an early 20th Century New Orleans setting... Then just beyond Tiana, create a more immersive Western Town as the setting for Big Thunder... not sure how to transition from there into a 20th century Far West Mountain Adventure setting....and then complete the circle with a Neogothic Villains Land... It would be hard to make all of that work....
An opposite side of the streets would be cool, but I'm pretty sure they're using 100% of that space for Cars, so the buildings would be fake facades at best.

Quietmouse

So is it safe to assume that haunted mansion is going to become part of villains lane? Seems like it’s on the fringes and would make sense to include not as part of villains territory.

Theres lots of land to use for both and more expansion beyond that.
There is, but I think they're refusing to go beyond the railroad berm. They can't go too far to the east behind Fantasyland either because of the retention pond there. Personally, I'd have the railroad cut through the land like it does in Critter Country at DL/TDL, offering some scenic views of the land. Plus, then you don't need to retrack it at all.
MKSuggestionA.png

fgmnt

D'Amaro said these projects are "in development", I think all that means is the design committee is "working" on it . Yes he said something about moving dirt, but that's just BS, in my opinion, this presentation was was mostly BS.

Yes, something, someplace may be build in sometime, but its not known what we will end up with until they open said attraction and/or land.

I think the only thing I have seen so far is permits for construction trailers in AK? No actual work on attractions/lands as far as I know.

I am ready to get flamed by the pixie dusters ;)

My personal hopes the plan to fill in the River of America dies.
All projects announced at the event will either open by 2031 or end up canceled 2-3 years before that. They will open Tropical Americas, they will open the Avengers Campus and Coco rides, they will open Monstropolis on the DHS campus, and they will fill RoA and put Cars there. Roughly in that order, these are going from “ completely greenlit and shovel ready within the next 180 days” to “they have committed to starting the work in an obvious way but the deliverable is probably 3+ years away.”

The DCA Avatar attraction and Villains land, you could put some long odds on them getting cancelled but I think they are going to do it and get them open by the ton Bob Iger finishes his next contract extension in 2031 ;).

Disstevefan1

All projects announced at the event will either open by 2031 or end up canceled 2-3 years before that. They will open Tropical Americas, they will open the Avengers Campus and Coco rides, they will open Monstropolis on the DHS campus, and they will fill RoA and put Cars there. Roughly in that order, these are going from “ completely greenlit and shovel ready within the next 180 days” to “they have committed to starting the work in an obvious way but the deliverable is probably 3+ years away.”

The DCA Avatar attraction and Villains land, you could put some long odds on them getting cancelled but I think they are going to do it and get them open by the ton Bob Iger finishes his next contract extension in 2031 ;).
You sound very confident.
Very sad to hear about ROA 👎
Where will they open Monstropolis on the DHS campus?

I swear if they cancel Villains land and never end up doing anything beyond Big Thunder…

Poor RoA is gonna die for nothing

wdwfan4ver

Congratulations on obtaining your crystal ball!

I have so many questions but I’ll restrain myself to one:
- What will Epic Universe’s first-year attendance be? (accuracy within 10k is acceptable)
You asking something that the opening date is way too vague at this time to get a prediction.

It really depends when Epic Universe gets its grand opening.

My reasoning for saying that is the information I head on youtube says the official opening depends on when the road construction is completed because it sounds like the construction inside the theme park would be done before the road construction is.

Horizonsfan

Purely speculation, but I would not be surprised if the Liberty Square market moves to the current boathouse and the existing market structure is demolished for an expanded pathway.

There will be a lot of traffic going to that new Cars/Villains pathway built to the right of the boathouse.

gorillaball

This is a thread about Villains land, can we move the Uni Epic vs Disney chat elsewhere? If you want to take my opinion to that new location, MK will be #1 FL park attendance in 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030… and it’s not even a remote question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Ears

This is a thread about Villains land, can we move the Uni Epic vs Disney chat elsewhere? If you want to take my opinion to that new location, MK will be #1 FL park attendance in 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030… and it’s not even a remote question.
Sorry about the diversion. Tying it back into the thread topic, while I dont think DISNEY recognizes the extent of the threat EPIC imposes I think (hope) they recognize it to sufficent degree to go all in on Villians land and its rides. The artwork and the coaster is vaguely drawn but shows enough to me that they get it.

gorillaball

Sorry about the diversion. Tying it back into the thread topic, while I dont think DISNEY recognizes the extent of the threat EPIC imposes I think (hope) they recognize it to sufficent degree to go all in on Villians land and its rides. The artwork and the coaster is vaguely drawn but shows enough to me that they get it.
I agree, go all in regardless of how successful another park may or may not be. But I will say I’d like them to go all in on proven dependable technology.

Two Ears

I agree, go all in regardless of how successful another park may or may not be. But I will say I’d like them to go all in on proven dependable technology.
Yes it shouldnt matter what the competitor is doing. But sadly that is probably what will force them to go all in.

why do you only want proven technology? You dont want them to take a risk with a new ride system that hasnt been done before?

fgmnt

I swear if they cancel Villains land and never end up doing anything beyond Big Thunder…

Poor RoA is gonna die for nothing
The cope in my head is that all of the money spent on terraforming the northwest corner of the park will demand a return on investment that they won’t be able to justify backing off of during mediocre at worst economic conditions. It would take a once-in-a-century-shock to the world to halt it.

We just unfortunately have had three such events in the last 23 years: 9/11, the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, and COVID. What kind of event could happen before 2031? Central Florida has long been insulated from highly adverse effects of climate change, but what are the guarantees that will persist through the rest of the decade?

This is all my speculation. I don’t think Disney will be the roadblock to completing all announced projects but I would not rule out them finding an excuse if a big enough one pops up.

Ghost93

Magnifico isn’t popular either plus his movie bombed yet there he is. I would take Frollo over him any day of the week if this is actually an indication of which villains we’ll see.
So when I previously posted I had not actually watched the full D23 presentation video where Josh D'maro announced the villains land. But in the presentation, when the Magic Mirror cuts D'Maro off, the "hellfire" theme plays. So maybe they will acknowledge Frollo and Hunchback in the villain land?

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

So when I previously posted I had not actually watched the full D23 presentation video where Josh D'maro announced the villains land. But in the presentation, when the Magic Mirror cuts D'Maro off, the "hellfire" theme plays. So maybe they will acknowledge Frollo and Hunchback in the villain land?
I doubt it, since "Hellfire" has been a default Villains number for some time. I believe it might have been used for either Jafar or Maleficent's part in Hallowishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom