President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1724167861932.png

I hear people like water features...

1724167937583.png

1724168019224.png

1724168061167.png

gorillaball

Yes it shouldnt matter what the competitor is doing. But sadly that is probably what will force them to go all in.

why do you only want proven technology? You dont want them to take a risk with a new ride system that hasnt been done before?
Operational dependability - that's all. It could be something they haven't done before, but it better be something that has been tested and tested and tested before you commit to using that tech.

DisDude33

Operational dependability - that's all. It could be something they haven't done before, but it better be something that has been tested and tested and tested before you commit to using that tech.
There was a time I would have argued for the virtue of exploring the great unknown but after Rise of the Resistance I have to admit that you have an important point about making sure things are well tested.

Bocabear

It does

look awesome in the "concept Art" kind of way... It appears there is a coaster and a lot of rockwork and set pieces... but nothing else is really shown....and what there is, is really vague. It is definitely darker than I expected them to go with it...unless this is just the "Malefecint" portion of the land and there are others....They need a Dr Faciler VooDoo Bar...or a Sanderson Sisters "Potions" bar... If we are getting Booze at Pirates, adding booze in the Villains expansion would seem natural...

Mr. Sullivan

D'Amaro said these projects are "in development", I think all that means is the design committee is "working" on it . Yes he said something about moving dirt, but that's just BS, in my opinion, this presentation was was mostly BS.

Yes, something, someplace may be build in sometime, but its not known what we will end up with until they open said attraction and/or land.

I think the only thing I have seen so far is permits for construction trailers in AK? No actual work on attractions/lands as far as I know.

I am ready to get flamed by the pixie dusters ;)

My personal hopes the plan to fill in the River of America dies.
I’m not really aiming to “flame you” but it’d odd you mention the AK work when that is literally the one thing we have confirmation is happening not only soon, but site prep has already started and it has a hard opening year.

Disstevefan1

I’m not really aiming to “flame you” but it’d odd you mention the AK work when that is literally the one thing we have confirmation is happening not only soon, but site prep has already started and it has a hard opening year.
You are correct.

The AK stuff seems to be happening, who knows when they will actually finish it.

I never liked the Dino land USA, that said, we always rode the Primeval Whirl, loved it, and always rode Dinosaur.

We miss Primeval Whirl, and will miss Dinosaur.

Its too bad they are deleing Dinosaurs from AK. All kids love Dinosaurs.

It seems there is no net increase in capacity between old and new areas, three rides before and three after, and one could argue they lost capacity in the new area due to the loss of the carnival games that was in Dino land USA.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

James Alucobond

Let's see how much of that water sticks around, Disney concept art loves having tons of water and then way less in reality. If there's anywhere they need to go all out with water features, it's the new center of Frontierland. Also, Adventureland could stand to get its fountains working again.
I think at this point, just move the large body of water to the opposite side of the park and do a version of Aquatopia in the Speedway pit. 🤷‍♂️

Bocabear

Aquatopia would be at least beautiful....and feel more futuristic.... Our poor Tomorrowland could use an injection of futurism... If there is one spot that would be perfect for a mini speedway, around the base of the outdoor loop of Test Track would be awesome.... and appropriate. The larger ride for everyone and then a smaller version for the younger set... a nod to the ill-fated Project Gemini... there were some good ideas in that plan... The Rainforest coaster at the land and the Autopia at Test Track were pretty good ones...adding more attractions and a more family friendly vibe....
But Aquatopia would be great to replace the Speedway....especially with some beautiful water features and set pieces....

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

I think at this point, just move the large body of water to the opposite side of the park and do a version of Aquatopia in the Speedway pit. 🤷‍♂️
I really like that idea, though I had also thought a Sugar Rush ride would fit great there. Queue is an arcade facade in Tomorrowland; and from Fantasyland you only get views of Candy mountains. You could probably even use only a portion of the speedway footprint and fill the rest with an Aquatopia!

Nickm2022

I really like that idea, though I had also thought a Sugar Rush ride would fit great there. Queue is an arcade facade in Tomorrowland; and from Fantasyland you only get views of Candy mountains. You could probably even use only a portion of the speedway footprint and fill the rest with an Aquatopia!
Not a bad idea. Also find it interesting even though Rivers is gone that Cars and Villains have what looks to be big water features which is exciting to me at least.

Tonto

You are correct.

The AK stuff seems to be happening, who knows when they will actually finish it.

I never liked the Dino land USA, that said, we always rode the Primeval Whirl, loved it, and always rode Dinosaur.

We miss Primeval Whirl, and will miss Dinosaur.

Its too bad they are deleing Dinosaurs from AK. All kids love Dinosaurs.

It seems there is no net increase in capacity between old and new areas, three rides before and three after, and one could argue they lost capacity in the new area due to the loss of the carnival games that was in Dino land USA.
Don’t miss primeval whirl. You can find that ride at any carnival. It was a travesty that is was ever there. Didn’t even count that as a ride offering for me. Not only was it a bad ride, its capacity was a joke. It honestly did nothing for Animal Kingdoms capacity.

Also saying that Encanto replacing a carnival mouse coaster is a 1:1 replacement isn’t very transparent of you.
The mouse ride probably cost $5M at the time. The Encanto ride will have a significant budget in the 100’s of millions. They aren’t comparables.

LazerLuke993

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster! Very exciting times, potentially, so finally coming in off the sideline to participate. So after reading through all 30+ pages of this thread I noticed nobody mentioned the potential for at least in name to tie-in this land with the Uber popular Descendants franchise from Disney Channel! I’ve always thought there should be some representation of Disney Channel somewhere in the parks with maybe a HalloweenTown or something, but if ever there was a time for it this is it. The land could be called “Isle of The Lost” & maybe they make a new River/moat around it to make it like an island that the villains were banished to which would maybe help ease some of the pain of losing Rivers of America. Then in the dark ride potentially have the villains teaming up to try to take over MK only for some Disney heroes &/or The Descendants to show up to help defeat the villains in the end so that it ultimately shows good will triumph over evil & we’re not glorifying bad deeds as some suggested.🤷🏻‍♂️ Of course I want the classic animated villains like I’m sure most of you do, I’m not suggesting the live action or tv versions, but I do think a little nod to those movies would be justified & sell more merch! Maybe have a show or something related to them, but really even just the name would work I think.

Just a few thoughts I wanted to share. Love the banter & look forward to hopefully seeing you all there by the time The WDW Diamond Celebration rolls around in 2031!😁

Tonto

What about that brand new carousel then? I got one in my city park
Apparently you love mouse coasters. Not sure what to say except enjoy.

Read the land summary. That explains the existence of the carousel. It’s part of a bigger theme of the town. Not to mention the ride vehicles are hand carved animals. Its existence makes sense in the land. Do you also have Indiana Jones and an Encanto dark ride next to your city spinner.

If so please let me know, cause I’m moving right now.

The theme of primeval whirl is an off the highway carnival inside a parking lot with cracks across the pavement, you know for authenticity.LOL. The ride is an off the shelf carnival coaster. I’ve never heard people complain about that ride going. Ever!

There are differences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom