Video from TTA and Skyway demo.

Rob562

Yep, I'm thinking they have not decided how to use the lights capabilities yet. But I do find it interesting also, that they seem to have control over every light individually and as a groups. The only limit is their imagination now.

Well, they're most likely DMX-controlled units, which is an industry standard control protocol. Give them power and daisy-chain control cables from one to the next, and you're up and running. Each light (or most likely each pair of lights) can be individually addressed, and told to do something different. Or, you can give the same command to ALL the lights, and they'll all do the same thing simultaneously (like the instant color changing we saw them testing a week or two ago)

A single "universe" of DMX can control up to 512 units.

-Rob

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Boy, I've watched a LOT of ride videos, but for some reason that one, regardless of camera quality (though that is REALLY GOOD for a phone...) really brought be back. It may be the music.

Oh, I want to be there right now REALLY bad.

tslrocks

Boy, I've watched a LOT of ride videos, but for some reason that one, regardless of camera quality (though that is REALLY GOOD for a phone...) really brought be back. It may be the music.

Oh, I want to be there right now REALLY bad.

Look at mine a few posts down from the first and you will see camera quality video.

Vernonpush

Here is a better version that shows a bit more of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twnwDGCSQIA

Yep, I'm thinking they have not decided how to use the lights capabilities yet. But I do find it interesting also, that they seem to have control over every light individually and as a groups. The only limit is their imagination now.

Most important news is the Epcot model seems as good as ever! :)

Is it my imagination or has the EPCOT model been moved to a new location? I thought it was later in the ride (near the Buzz Lightyear windows).

djkidkaz

So its the same upside down astronauts, spaceship, ceiling hasn't been touched, no new track. What are they doing to the ride then?!

SpaceMtneer

Has anyone else noticed that in the spaceship/astronaut scene from SM, part of the spaceship that used to be sort of white/off white is now navy blue?
You can see this from some of the vids posted.

mickey2008.1

Great video: it looks the same with a few small changes, which im ok with. Cant wait to see the leds in use. I love the inside of space mountain, but could not identify any changes as rumored, such as banked corners:shrug: Anybody see anything different inside?

blm07

Got my own video today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sgF2A_e08

No audio was playing inside Space Mountain, not the narration or any music, except for the "you are clear for launch" warning spiel playing repeatedly from the other side of the wall :p

The video was from about 5 PM, so maybe they were messing with the audio during the day?

Kinda feel bad about posting these, it's a warzone.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
We must have ridden right after you (blm07). I thought that the center portion of the ceiling looked much newer than the cone (side) portions of the ceiling. I'm actually quite surprised they haven't covered over the top of the TTA during this final phase of rehab...it's like being in a house that just got sheet-rocked. Lots of dust on everything. As for the lighting over the TTA tracks, I thought it looked great last night during MNSSHP. The different colors looked great along the way, but didn't notice any changing of color happening. Everything seemed solid throughout the ride.

On a side note....thought the HoP rehab was great. Really enjoyed the presentation. I think its a great improvement and my 16 year old daughter actually paid attention. My only complaint....it ends really quickly...Obama finishes, a quick patriotic finale and BAM! the curtain drops and its over. I don't think an extra 10 to 15 seconds of music would have made that much of a difference, but overall, Great Job. And I almost forgot...the Bears are back on the A list. Huge improvement in sound and fur since my last visit in 2008.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Got my own video today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7sgF2A_e08

No audio was playing inside Space Mountain, not the narration or any music, except for the "you are clear for launch" warning spiel playing repeatedly from the other side of the wall :p

The video was from about 5 PM, so maybe they were messing with the audio during the day?

Kinda feel bad about posting these, it's a warzone.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
As my daughter and I rode past this scene, we got a huge kick out of the dangling "M" in the word restrooms.

janoimagine

Blue?:lookaroun

Wasn't it red?

I just looked at a book I had with a shot of the ship, the 'engine' lights look red in the photograph from 'WDW, The First Decade' ... :shrug: I had a shot I took in their last year, I'm not sure if I saved it, (because it was soft) but I thought in my shot, the 'engine' lights were a blue green ... :shrug: I will look for it to see if I can find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom