Via Napoli Pizza

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Some will tell you the Via Napoli pizza is the best they have ever had. Don't get me wrong, it is good, but definitely not the best I have ever had. I think that mainly depends on where you are from. The last time I was there I had the individual size pizza (almost too much for 1 person but not really enough for 2) with chicken sausage and prosciutto. It was very good but incredibly hard to eat. The prosciutto was in the form of giant strips laid across the pie. The pie was also barely cut into slices and the knife they give you isn't terribly sharp. There was a lot of sawing required just to be able to eat it. :lol: At least the pizza was worth the effort. I also tried the zeppole dessert. A-mazing!

The place is definitely worth the trip. Just be prepared for an incredibly loud experience with good pizza.

DisneyPrincess5

We got a veggie Pizza there last May and it was repulsive. It was extremely salty, like the veggies were canned and was kind of heavy and wet. Were not far from NY so we know good pizza and this wasnt it!
But that's just my opinion, I've seen many very positive reviews from other members and very delicious looking pizzas in photos as well.

harveyt0206

My husband and I tried Via Napoli on a whim during our last visit and we both loved it. We ordered a house salad and a large pizza margherita. Both were delicious. Great flavors and I enjoyed the thin crust. I highly recommend giving the restaurant a try.

Pioneer Hall

I think that the pizza is very good, and a nice change of pace when you are in WDW. I personally think that a standard pizza with pepperoni is my favorite there.

DisneyparkFreak

The pizza is pretty good, in my opinion the best on property. Be prepared for authentic italian pizza. Its really nothing like New York or Chicago style. I liked it, but my wife and mother in law wasnt so thrilled. The pizzas are baked in a wood fired stone oven and may have the tendency to be a little charred. I liked the flavor, but like I said, they didnt.

I would go again no doubt.

Cosmic Commando

I've eaten there twice with a big group of people each time, so all shared three or four different kinds of pizzas. It may sound boring, but the Quattro Formaggi disappeared first both times. Not that anything else was bad, but when we go back, I won't even bother with the others; just four cheese for me!

mickeysshoes

Its been over a year since we last ate here but we reall enjoyed it. Everything we had was very yummy.....EXCEPT the ice tea :hurl:

P8150178.jpg

P8150176.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is without question the best pizza on property but it is not the traditional Papa John's or Chicago style pizza. It has very thin crust, cheese and sauce. I can see the average kid turning their nose up at it but we really enjoyed it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yes, it's without a doubt the best pizza on the property. Definitely not the best pizza I've ever had, but really, really good.

Besides the plain pizza, I've had the quattro formaggi pizza (a white, four cheese pizza) which I added sausage to. That was actually excellent- much better than the plain.

coltow

Ok so let me throw this out there. Our next trip we'll have 5 kids in our group 2yo, 2 5yo, 8yo & 9yo which would you pick Via Napoli or Coral Reef? We've been talking about where to eat at EPCOT we already want to do the Norway breakfast, but which would you pick for dinner out of these 2

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Ok so let me throw this out there. Our next trip we'll have 5 kids in our group 2yo, 2 5yo, 8yo & 9yo which would you pick Via Napoli or Coral Reef? We've been talking about where to eat at EPCOT we already want to do the Norway breakfast, but which would you pick for dinner out of these 2

Unless your kids are big seafood eaters, I think they'll be happier at Via Napoli. It's also a much "louder" restaurant that Coral Reef, so you won't have to worry about a large group disturbing other diners.

This is my favorite 1TS credit restaurant at WDW, but you have to like a more chewy, wood-fired pizza with less cheese. It's not like a NY style pizza with a softer crust and a lot of cheese, so if that's what you prefer, it might not work for you.

maryszhi

Their Pizza is amazing and authentic. I did a study abroad in italy this past summer and the pizza was very much like the kind i had in some of the places i went :) and was just as good :) the kids will especially like seeing the pizzas being made. also, there is tutto italia which is very good.

GeoDonJac34

I ate there in October, and had the pepperoni pizza. I have to say it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't expecting the best pizza ever, but was hoping to at least like it. This did not happen. They opened up a wood fire pizza place not far from my house, and it was very much like VN. The place closed in about a year. I think, like someone said, that style of pizza is not for everyone.

Pete C

Like many, I am a certifiable pizza fanatic. Everyone has their own pizza nirvana. IMO, this is the best pizza in Orlando. I live here, and I have tried almost every local pizza place. I lived in Atlanta for 13 years, and this pizza is better than anything I had there...and I tried A LOT. I have also been on a pizza tour of NYC where we hit several of the most legendary pizza places in the city. I would say that Via Napoli is on par with many of the best in NYC (John's was the best IMO). It really is great, authentic Italian pizza. I can't say I understand where some of these reviewers are coming from saying that it isn't that great. A place that is not great does not rock a 4.5 average on Yelp, that's all I have to say. Via Napoli is one of the best restaurants on WDW property, period.

GeoDonJac34

Like many, I am a certifiable pizza fanatic. Everyone has their own pizza nirvana. IMO, this is the best pizza in Orlando. I live here, and I have tried almost every local pizza place. I lived in Atlanta for 13 years, and this pizza is better than anything I had there...and I tried A LOT. I have also been on a pizza tour of NYC where we hit several of the most legendary pizza places in the city. I would say that Via Napoli is on par with many of the best in NYC (John's was the best IMO). It really is great, authentic Italian pizza. I can't say I understand where some of these reviewers are coming from saying that it isn't that great. A place that is not great does not rock a 4.5 average on Yelp, that's all I have to say. Via Napoli is one of the best restaurants on WDW property, period.

Well okay then, you changed my mind. My taste buds must be lying to me again. Via Napoli is the best pizza ever.

muse1983

I ate there in October, and had the pepperoni pizza. I have to say it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't expecting the best pizza ever, but was hoping to at least like it. This did not happen. They opened up a wood fire pizza place not far from my house, and it was very much like VN. The place closed in about a year. I think, like someone said, that style of pizza is not for everyone.

I thought the pizza was fantastic. It was nothing drastically different but regardless I thoroughly enjoyed it! My wife got spaghetti and it looked amazing, so I definitely think I'll be trying that out next visit.

GeoDonJac34

I thought the pizza was fantastic. It was nothing drastically different but regardless I thoroughly enjoyed it! My wife got spaghetti and it looked amazing, so I definitely think I'll be trying that out next visit.

Not drastically different, just not for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom