Via Napoli Pizza

SleepingMonk

This was the only reason I asked the other poster to name a few of their favorite pizza makers.

It's tough to put any real value on a culinary opinion without frame of reference.

If someone says...."I just hate Via Napoli, worst pizza ever!".....it would be nice if they also said...."On the other hand I just can't get enough Pizza Uno, best ever!".

At least then you know how they compare to your own personal food preferences.

SleepingMonk

That being said: Via Napoli's pizza is fine for what it is: thin crust brick oven "restaurant style" pizza -- not the gooey, cheese-laden slices of deliciousness that most of us expect.

Again, it sounds like you prefer NYC street style pizza. Which is really great, but the quality and flavor of the Via Napoli pie is second to none.

And uh...you can always order extra cheese with pepperoni at Via Napoli if you want something more "traditional".

Todd H

Just booked a reservation at Via Napoli. The wife and I love good brick oven pizza so we're curious to see how Via Napoli stacks up.

Phonedave

Again, it sounds like you prefer NYC street style pizza. Which is really great, but the quality and flavor of the Via Napoli pie is second to none.

And uh...you can always order extra cheese with pepperoni at Via Napoli if you want something more "traditional".

I wouldn't go that far, but again it is all a matter of taste.

I have a big problem with overly sweet sugar laden chocolate desserts. But then some people think zebra domes and the Oreo Bonbons are the greatest thing they ever put in their mouths.

Some people think pizza has to have 3 lbs of cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar in the sauce per slice. Others not so much.

For what my opinion is worth, I think Via Napoli has some very very good pizza, in the style I prefer. I have had better, but not in WDW. There are a couple of coal fired oven places around here which are all in the style of Via Napoli - some of which use better cheese (again in my opinion)

-dave

GeoDonJac34

This was the only reason I asked the other poster to name a few of their favorite pizza makers.

It's tough to put any real value on a culinary opinion without frame of reference.

If someone says...."I just hate Via Napoli, worst pizza ever!".....it would be nice if they also said...."On the other hand I just can't get enough Pizza Uno, best ever!".

At least then you know how they compare to your own personal food preferences.

I did not want to name any because like I said they are places you will no doubt ever go to unless you came to northeast Pa.
FWIW best pizza I ever had I don't even remember the name of. We rented a limo and headed into NYC to Radio City Music Hall to see The Barenaked Ladies. When driver picked us up afterward he suggested this pizza place in Jersey. The place looked like somewhere we never would have gone into, but it was fantastic. greasy round type.

Minnie1976

Original Poster
My goodness all this advice on Via Napoli. I'm not a pizza expert since mostly all we have around us is Domino's or Papa John's since our Pizza Hut closed. Since we haven't eaten there, we are going to try it for lunch. Does anyone like any of the other pizzas other than Quattro Formaggi?

captainkidd

My goodness all this advice on Via Napoli. I'm not a pizza expert since mostly all we have around us is Domino's or Papa John's since our Pizza Hut closed. Since we haven't eaten there, we are going to try it for lunch. Does anyone like any of the other pizzas other than Quattro Formaggi?

The regular cheese pizza is great too. The quattro is just absolutely delicious. The cheese is so fresh and tasty.

I know some may say I'm crazy, but I WILL go as far to say I've never tasted such delicious dough/crust in my life.

SleepingMonk

You're not crazy, it's really that good.

And the quality of the ingredients is top shelf.

The delicious pizzas are made with real caputo flour imported from Southern Italy, San Marzano tomatoes, handmade mozzarella and water from a local spring similar to Italy's Campania region. They are cooked in authentic wood-burning ovens named after the 3 active volcanoes in Italy—Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Stromboli.

To ensure every detail is perfect, Nick Valenti spent time in Naples studying the art of dough, crust, sauce and oven temperatures at the famous pizzerias Da Michele and Trianon.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
The regular cheese pizza is great too. The quattro is just absolutely delicious. The cheese is so fresh and tasty.

I know some may say I'm crazy, but I WILL go as far to say I've never tasted such delicious dough/crust in my life.

Agreed :slurp::slurp::slurp:

Minnie1976

Original Poster

I am really looking forward to trying some good pizza other than the chain quick order pizza. Thanks so much for the advice.

go3epcot

I will be eating at VN for the first time 3 weeks from today! All this discussion is making me hungry for great (or average, or lousy) pizza!

Minnie1976

Original Poster
I will be eating at VN for the first time 3 weeks from today! All this discussion is making me hungry for great (or average, or lousy) pizza!
We will be eating there Dec. 26 for lunch. I can't wait to try it and see what we think. It is just one meal like it we will be back - not and we won't. I've really not had a bad pizza. Just the smell makes me hungry even if I'm not. You will be there before me let me know your experience. There is also a good dessert people have recommended on here. I hope I have room after the pizza to try it.

go3epcot

We will be eating there Dec. 26 for lunch. I can't wait to try it and see what we think. It is just one meal like it we will be back - not and we won't. I've really not had a bad pizza. Just the smell makes me hungry even if I'm not. You will be there before me let me know your experience. There is also a good dessert people have recommended on here. I hope I have room after the pizza to try it.

I will be happy to give a report upon my return!

Laura

Some people think pizza has to have 3 lbs of cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar in the sauce per slice.

Me! :wave::lol:

I'm not normally a fan of thin crust, nor the taste of fire and smoke, but I have a reservation a week from tomorrow at Via Napoli so we'll see how it goes.

Yanks07

Everyone has a differrent taste but I still dream about the Arugula, Prosciutto and melon Pizza, my wife and i had it twice on our last trip a few weeks back :slurp:

GoofyRacer11

Personally, I love the pizza at Via Napoli and I normally don't eat pizza. I have had pizza from the chain restaurants when I was younger and even some from Giordano's in Chicago, but I prefer the thin crust just like it was originally made in Italy.

PolynesianPrincess

Hey everyone, just wanted to give my review of Via Napoli since we ate there for the first time on Friday. I personally thought it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. It wasn't burnt, had enough sauce and pepperoni and came out super hot. My mother and sister also agree it's probably the best pizza they've ever eaten. I know some people will call us crazy I guess for thinking that Via Napoli is the best but whatever. We loved it!!!

Todd H

Just returned from DW and finally got to try Via Napoli.

I can see why people either love it or hate it. If you're used to pizza with a heavy, sweet sauce and mounds of cheese then the pizza at Via Napoli probably isn't for you. But if you prefer a milder sauce that tastes more like fresh tomatoes then you'll love Via Napoli.

We ordered the Margherita pizza and it was fantastic. Probably ranks right up there with some of the best brick oven pizza I've ever had. Will definitely go there again on our next visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom