Via Napoli Pizza

chuckd3

Which One?

I think the original post was which one is your favorite. I for one would like to try this place, but I would have no idea which pizza to try.:shrug:

coltow

Unless your kids are big seafood eaters, I think they'll be happier at Via Napoli. It's also a much "louder" restaurant that Coral Reef, so you won't have to worry about a large group disturbing other diners.

Not necessarily, any "seafood" place always has other options I had a great steak at Coral Reef in 2008. The kids (and me) aren't big into seafood but the adults are. We are more or less catering meals to the kids likes, I'm wondering more about the atmospheres I guess. I KNOW everyone will eat pizza, but for those who have been there is it an enjoyable place to eat.

SleepingMonk

I ate there in October, and had the pepperoni pizza. I have to say it didn't do anything for me. I wasn't expecting the best pizza ever, but was hoping to at least like it. This did not happen. They opened up a wood fire pizza place not far from my house, and it was very much like VN. The place closed in about a year. I think, like someone said, that style of pizza is not for everyone.

We need a frame of reference here.

Name two of your favorite pizza makers.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love Via Napoli and think it's the best pizza on the property, though not the best I've ever had (as I said before).

However, I will not, for the life of me, understand why some of its other fans become so incredibly defensive when someone says they don't care for it. Does it really matter to you? How does it affect your vacation if they don't want to eat there and have had better (which is an entirely subjective word, of course) pizza elsewhere.

There are something like 65 sit-down restaurants on the property. If they don't like Via Napoli, they have 64 other options.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I love Via Napoli and think it's the best pizza on the property, though not the best I've ever had (as I said before).

However, I will not, for the life of me, understand why some of its other fans become so incredibly defensive when someone says they don't care for it. Does it really matter to you? How does it affect your vacation if they don't want to eat there and have had better (which is an entirely subjective word, of course) pizza elsewhere.

There are something like 65 sit-down restaurants on the property. If they don't like Via Napoli, they have 64 other options.
9253868.jpg

In case you are wondering, I don't get it either. :D

ddbowdoin

if youre idea of pizza is dominoes then you'll love this place...

if you live in civilization and have authentic restaurants near you, you wont be dissapointed but you'll fall over at the price of a pie

GeoDonJac34

To Nick and Yoda, Thanks for jumping in. It seems some people took it to heart that I did not care for VN. It seems to be that specific place that some get defensive about. Hopefully you big guns jumping in will calm some people. All food is based on opinions and tastes. I'm not a hater on these boards, the same night I posted about VN, I raved about Kona breakfast and Raglan Road. In fact there are very few Disney meals that I did not enjoy. I think I will stay out of VN threads from here on.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To Nick and Yoda, Thanks for jumping in. It seems some people took it to heart that I did not care for VN. It seems to be that specific place that some get defensive about. Hopefully you big guns jumping in will calm some people. All food is based on opinions and tastes. I'm not a hater on these boards, the same night I posted about VN, I raved about Kona breakfast and Raglan Road. In fact there are very few Disney meals that I did not enjoy. I think I will stay out of VN threads from here on.
No problem. I could not really understand all of the negative responses to your post. Traditional brick oven is pizza not your cup of tea and you stated as much. I certainly did not feel offended.

Pioneer Hall

if youre idea of pizza is dominoes then you'll love this place...

if you live in civilization and have authentic restaurants near you, you wont be dissapointed but you'll fall over at the price of a pie

Not really true in my opinion. I'm from NJ/NY and had my share of very good pizza. I still find Via Napoli to be good. It may not be the best I have had in the world, but it certainly isn't bad either. Also, price is something that people complain about here yet I find unsubstantiated. Last time I went to Via Napoli we got a $10 appetizer, $10 dessert, and $40 pizza. Before tax and tip that's 15 dollars a person. There are very few places in WDW (especially in Epcot) where I can get an entree for $15. Sure it's more expensive than Lou's Pizza down the street for dinner...but Lou also doesn't let me ride Test Track after I finish my meal.

captainkidd

I've had a lot (and I mean, A LOT) of pizza in my life, and I think Via Napoli is the best I've ever had.
The Quattro Formaggi is delicious. Normally, it's a white pizza, so just make sure to ask for it with sauce.

Another plus is the service. Since the place has opened, I've eaten there probably 10 times and always had wonderful servers.

PolynesianPrincess

We have an ADR for VN on Friday for lunch. It's our first time eating there. My sister and I both love pizza. (Actually, even though it's a chain, the Pizza Hut Big New Yorker pizza is one of my favs... lol) I'll be sure to throw my 2 cents in when I get back!! :wave:

RonAnnArbor

I'm going to chime in to say that, if you come from someplace that has great pizza (the midwest, New York, etc) you will not find great pizza anywhere in WDW, and that includes via napoli.

That being said: Via Napoli's pizza is fine for what it is: thin crust brick oven "restaurant style" pizza -- not the gooey, cheese-laden slices of deliciousness that most of us expect.

Outside of VN, there isn't a single place on property at WDW that I would recommend the pizza as anything but tasteless tomato sauce and cheap cheese on a slab of tasteless bread. They use the same formula almost everywhere, including the resorts and the theme parks.

Try NOT to get a hankering for great pizza while you are in the World. You are not going to find it there anywhere. You will have a nice meal at Via Napoli -- but it is NOT going to satisfy your pizza craving.

captainkidd

I'm going to chime in to say that, if you come from someplace that has great pizza (the midwest, New York, etc) you will not find great pizza anywhere in WDW, and that includes via napoli.

That being said: Via Napoli's pizza is fine for what it is: thin crust brick oven "restaurant style" pizza -- not the gooey, cheese-laden slices of deliciousness that most of us expect.

Outside of VN, there isn't a single place on property at WDW that I would recommend the pizza as anything but tasteless tomato sauce and cheap cheese on a slab of tasteless bread. They use the same formula almost everywhere, including the resorts and the theme parks.

Try NOT to get a hankering for great pizza while you are in the World. You are not going to find it there anywhere. You will have a nice meal at Via Napoli -- but it is NOT going to satisfy your pizza craving.

I totally disagree. I'm from Boston, where we have great pizza in the North End, and have been to NYC many times and had lots of pizza there. Via Napoli, to me, is better than anything I've had.

Apparently, it's all a matter of personal taste. I do agree, nowhere else on Disney property has good pizza, but to say Via Napoli won't satisfy a pizza lover's craving is, in my opinion, and I'm sure several others here, completely false.

Pioneer Hall

I totally disagree. I'm from Boston, where we have great pizza in the North End, and have been to NYC many times and had lots of pizza there. Via Napoli, to me, is better than anything I've had.

Apparently, it's all a matter of personal taste. I do agree, nowhere else on Disney property has good pizza, but to say Via Napoli won't satisfy a pizza lover's craving is, in my opinion, and I'm sure several others here, completely false.

If you take nothing else away from this thread, take this. Like every other restaurant it is purely a matter of opinion.

PolynesianPrincess

It's all a matter of opinion and that's your opinion. Just because YOU don't get your pizza cravings satisfied at VN doesn't mean others won't, too. If you don't love it, fine. But for you to tell other people they WON'T love it either isn't right. Let people make their own decisions! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom