Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Another option is to be able to get three passes as now, but only for “lesser” attractions. The Es, and perhaps Ds, will be a separate class. Putting Fastpass on JIWF and LWTL will suddenly make perfect sense.

One thing seems certain. Change is coming.

Again.

Perfect, let's just make a Disney trip even more complicated than it already is.

Just take the USO route charge $100/day for unlimited FP's, $80/day for 1 FP/Ride/Day, and be done with it.

Tick off the AP Holders, who are treated like garbage already so they don't come anymore, hope that SWGE keeps the parks busy for decades, and that the economy never goes into back into recession so that Disney can continue their fantasy land like pricing practices.

Bob Harlem

If they do this, next step would be straight up blind auctioning off a good subset of fast pass slots, and let the guests figure out the equilibrium. How much would you be willing to bid for a spot on Smuggler's Run?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's hard to go down much from 3.

No it’s not...the options are “2”, “1”, and the preferred “0”...

Am I missing something?
Is it still in the proposal phase, or is it a greenlit plan at this point?

You’re gonna have to text the BOBS if you want something remotely definitive...
Disney just loves going to the well for more. One day that well will run dry.
The Masochists don’t believe you...they never will. As in life...it has to be “too late”...for those that don’t think to believe

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I considered 3 a fairly low number to begin with. Hence, my comment that there wasn't far to go down.

No...I get you...

I’m a little tongue in cheek.

I have seen defenders parade around for 5 years defending the wall talking about how 3 less than hour waits is “great”....

3....after you pay $100 (now much more) per day to access the gate without guarantees on rides...

That’s six flags - frankly. $100 to have the privilege to walk by things that maybe are enjoyable to you? Or 100 repetitive stores of merchandise that was streamlined decades ago...
Or maybe if you decided on lunch 100-180 days in advance...the privilege of paying a bill that is up 225% since the turn of the century in a fabulous streamlined menu restaurant?

I’m a pessimist...but the problem is what I just typed is not exaggerated. Really at all.

I actually like the fastpass system for what it is...
Which in my 2-4 average annual visits allows my kids that have visited about 30 times in their first decade to go on 2 big wait rides per day comfortably...on average. And then we eat and leave for our timeshare pool at the old, good prices....

But what if you’re not me? And what if you don’t have the ability to spend it, and completely temper your expectations at any moment?

It doesn’t hurt me...but ideologically the place is all wrong in so many ways.

Macca250

Would paid-for FP also apply to the folks staying on-property? If those staying on-site also lose their FP entitlement then I’ll honestly fail to see what benefit staying with Disney offers, especially as someone with a DVC timeshare. Taking away that privilege would be a step too far.

*To be clear I am not condoning the prospect of charging for FP, I think admission is pricey enough without that as an added surcharge. However, staying on-property should offer privileges.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would paid-for FP also apply to the folks staying on-property? If those staying on-site also lose their FP entitlement then I’ll honestly fail to see what benefit staying with Disney offers, especially as someone with a DVC timeshare. Taking away that privilege would be a step too far.

*To be clear I am not condoning the prospect of charging for FP, I think admission is pricey enough without that as an added surcharge. However, staying on-property should offer privileges.

The benefit is a new revenue stream for Disney...

...and a heavily researched clientele that has proven to them they can’t say “no” and haven’t considered doing so.

It’s not you...or me...as a fish. It’s the ocean we live in.

People always defend Disney with “it’s a business”...for near everything.

If all of a sudden each ticket requires a $25 dollar fast pass add on for the day to enjoyable - like in Anaheim...

Don’t forget that defense when the time comes...don’t...(not to the poster, by the way...you cool 😎 )

SteveAZee

It does and it doesn’t

You don’t have to buy it...but if it is implemented and changes the wait time dynamic...ya might have to buy it...
I guess I was wondering if the "three FP+ for free" thing is attached to the tickets; it sounds like that "3 for free" thing is changing or reducing or going away, so I wondered if I'm grandfathered in.

olie64

I guess I was wondering if the "three FP+ for free" thing is attached to the tickets; it sounds like that "3 for free" thing is changing or reducing or going away, so I wondered if I'm grandfathered in.

I would hope it will like the parking fees..if you booked by a certain day you did not have to pay them.

But I do not know if that would be possible code wise in the app..as we know the app is always having issues.

seabreezept813

Disney’s website does specifically state that on-site guests get 3 FPS per day 60 days out. I would think if you already booked a package it would be hard to justify decreasing that number. Especially considering Disney requires such advanced planning. Wouldn’t want to be the CMs answering the phones if negative changes roll out. I would think the backlash would be crazy..myself included.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
this makes staying at the new SW hotel seem reasonably priced if rides are included

Except that whole: “not having any clue about the price” thing...

There’s another issue with star wars rides...a lot of grumbling (hard to know who to trust..) that the one “major” ride is in really bad technical shape.

Sometimes...things don’t work. Test track a la rocket rods

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom