Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

LuvWDW2

Ugh, is this for SW only or everything?

ETA: nevermind I saw his answer much earlier in this thread :(

Last edited:

Bartledvd

This is going to be very odd to implement.
Like with the parking at resorts i guess this will not have any effect on uk tourists for a much longer time as they have us booking up to 18 months in advance and it is marketed to us with three selections per day.

LuvWDW2

Icing on the cake will be the ticket and pass price increases.

I’m starting to think it’s going to be a paid option to have FP access. That new Sam’s Club “Buy tickets with FP!” may be a tell? Existing ticket prices stay the same (but no FP at all, kind of like basic economy on airlines).

bubbles1812

So with this theoretical new system... how far into the future are we talking about for implementation @marni1971? Before SWGE? For people who have already booked packages for the year, do they get to "keep what they bought" (ie booking a package expecting 3 FP per day?). Will people be made aware so they know they can upgrade or are they going to let the stooges who don't follow Disney news struggle? I guess whenever it's announced I get to call Disney and say which FP option I want? Yay to spending even more money....

LuvWDW2

The original post quotes something from a blogger who was testing for May. I’m guessing this new whatever goes into effect in time for Memorial Day Weekend and beyond since we aren’t 60 days out yet.

RR 88

On the bright side, decreasing the number of FP for a general admission ticket decreases it’s overall value, so I’m sure that we’ll see a marked decrease in ticket prices when this rolls out ;)

Bartledvd

The original post quotes something from a blogger who was testing for May. I’m guessing this new whatever goes into effect in time for Memorial Day Weekend and beyond since we aren’t 60 days out yet.
But what could they really test , Hi guys you want to try our new system you get 1 FP for free then the rest you got to pay for or you can not join our test and get 3 FP selections for free

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But what could they really test , Hi guys you want to try our new system you get 1 FP for free then the rest you got to pay for or you can not join our test and get 3 FP selections for free
When they originally rolled out the FP+ test, guests involved were able to use both the paper FP and FP+ systems.

drizgirl

Maybe they will offer a book of FP tickets, with certain number of tickets based on the attraction. They could label attractions with... say... letters? You know, E, D, C, B, A with more tickets for A attractions then for E attractions. And an option to buy books of just one type of ticket. ;)
Right? All you have to do is purchase a pricey all access admission ticket first.

Creathir

So with this theoretical new system... how far into the future are we talking about for implementation @marni1971? Before SWGE? For people who have already booked packages for the year, do they get to "keep what they bought" (ie booking a package expecting 3 FP per day?). Will people be made aware so they know they can upgrade or are they going to let the stooges who don't follow Disney news struggle? I guess whenever it's announced I get to call Disney and say which FP option I want? Yay to spending even more money....
He mentioned before the end of the year.

5leobeans

Think the Concierge Level test... $50 per person per day gets 3 additional FP+s reserved up to 90 days in advance.

Honestly, I can’t imagine people paying for this regularly....I just look at it for my family - $250 per day, for three more rides......
If this has been really popular, I suppose more power to Disney, but that will certainly price us out of it.
If the only way you get FP is by paying extra vs spending more half our day in lines, will most likely be the end of future vacations for us. The US exchange is already a killer....

I’ll be interested to see how this develops, as we have a fall trip planned

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom