Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

markc

Yes, I was questioning what problem DL intentionally created that necessitated Maxpass.

Offering too many AP's in an area that has guests that will gladly purchase them en mass as a form of "cheap" consistent entertainment (not saying DL is cheap at all, but if you buy an annual pass for your family and go once a week, you're only paying $10-15 a week for a quality experience. That's much cheaper than anything else in the Southern California area). So how do you avoid weekly AP'ers taking away FP's from premium paying vacationers....you offer an upgrade version that's reasonable enough for a vacationing family to pay but cost prohibitive enough that a family of AP'ers won't use it weekly.

pdude81

Offering too many AP's in an area that has guests that will gladly purchase them en mass as a form of "cheap" consistent entertainment (not saying DL is cheap at all, but if you buy an annual pass for your family and go once a week, you're only paying $10-15 a week for a quality experience. That's much cheaper than anything else in the Southern California area). So how do you avoid weekly AP'ers taking away FP's from premium paying vacationers....you offer an upgrade version that's reasonable enough for a vacationing family to pay but cost prohibitive enough that a family of AP'ers won't use it weekly.
IIRC it's only 100 bucks to add maxpass to a DL AP. Unless you only go in the afternoon I can't imagine anybody not wanted to purchase that on top.

That covers both digital FP and photos

Touchdown

So I can’t help but feel that Disneyland’s Tomorrowland centralized Fastpass station is not only a test to streamline Fastpass at DL but also a dry run to see if they can roll back FP+ at WDW to bring on Maxpass at WDW. Just wondering if any insiders know anything, given this rumor has gone dry lately.

NoChesterHester

So I can’t help but feel that Disneyland’s Tomorrowland centralized Fastpass station is not only a test to streamline Fastpass at DL but also a dry run to see if they can roll back FP+ at WDW to bring on Maxpass at WDW. Just wondering if any insiders know anything, given this rumor has gone dry lately.

My guess is this was a real plan. Management is now leery of anything that looks like a big cost increase due to the huge drop in attendance they experienced this summer.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

My guess is this was a real plan. Management is now leery of anything that looks like a big cost increase due to the huge drop in attendance they experienced this summer.

Nope. The Genie App at Disney will be the conduit for paid FP+.

bubbles1812

When is that scheduled to go live?
Sometime in 2020 I think. I’ll be really curious what it looks like. I don’t think it’s going to be that valuable to the ‘old pros.’ I don’t need an app to tell me how to make a ‘thriller attraction’ day. Could do that on my own if I wanted.

If they roll out paid FP, I’m also going to be curious on the cost. It can’t be so costly as to price everyone out but it can’t be cheap either, otherwise the benefit of paying up for it is destroyed with too many buying the product.

NoChesterHester

Sometime in 2020 I think. I’ll be really curious what it looks like. I don’t think it’s going to be that valuable to the ‘old pros.’ I don’t need an app to tell me how to make a ‘thriller attraction’ day. Could do that on my own if I wanted.

If they roll out paid FP, I’m also going to be curious on the cost. It can’t be so costly as to price everyone out but it can’t be cheap either, otherwise the benefit of paying up for it is destroyed with too many buying the product.

Yup. They need to make it expensive enough that it actually works. (Few buy it.)

If few use the new Fast Pass the lines across all the parks will self regulate and move faster (like they used to).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Paid fastpass will be a disaster at wdw...you just may not see the effects for awhile. Then it will set in.

Disneyland maintains some of the Disney park feel...having been there recently. Not perfect...but still possible.

Wdw has become a swapmeat of upcharges at this point. There are so many bad trends it’s honestly hard to even start.

I’ll give you one though...how do they account for the “unlimited”
Halloween party tickets when the sales on the individual events are “capped”?

Anyone think about that??

Last edited:

dreamfinder912

Paid fastpass will be a disaster at wdw...you just may not see the effects for awhile. Then it will set it.

Disneyland maintains some of the Disney park feel...having been there recently. Not perfect...but still possible.

Wdw has become a swapmeat of upcharges at this point. There are so many bad trends it’s honestly hard to even start.

I’ll give you one though...how do the account for the “unlimited”
Halloween party tickets when the sales on the individual events are “capped”?

Anyone think about that??

They did factor in the party passes sold against total number available. I made sure of that when I bought mine...the last thing I wanted was to trek in after work and find out "sorry, sold out and at capacity, go home." I don't know their specific formula obviously, but those of us with party passes have been taken into account.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They did factor in the party passes sold against total number available. I made sure of that when I bought mine...the last thing I wanted was to trek in after work and find out "sorry, sold out and at capacity, go home." I don't know their specific formula obviously, but those of us with party passes have been taken into account.
I appreciate your response...I really do...

But isn’t it far more likely that they just ignore the cap and let the “party passes” in on top?

They are absolutely under no obligation to tell you the truth. And never tell you the cap anyway.

Last edited:

iMax

Timeout, where in Tomorrowland is this and when did it become a thing? I'll be in DLR next week and need to test this for myself.

dreamfinder912

I appreciate your response...I really do...

But it’s it far more likely that they just ignore the cap and let the “party passes” in on top?

They are absolutely under no obligation to tell you the truth. And never tell you the cap anyway.

That's why I said I didn't know the formula for such a cap. Them saying it's "factored in" could just mean "yeahp we sold X party passes...who cares." But I really haven't seen an increase in guests at the parties this year vs last year. I went to parties last year that weren't sold out but you couldn't even breathe your own air anywhere in the park...and I've been to several of the sold out parties this year with no such difficulties. The only thing that seems crowded this year is that first parade, and the treat trails before the first parade. By 945 everyone either funnels into main street for the fireworks or the exit. The rest of the park returns to its usual MNSSHP ghost town.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just like jeepneys in Manila where the maximum capacity is always... one more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's why I said I didn't know the formula for such a cap. Them saying it's "factored in" could just mean "yeahp we sold X party passes...who cares." But I really haven't seen an increase in guests at the parties this year vs last year. I went to parties last year that weren't sold out but you couldn't even breathe your own air anywhere in the park...and I've been to several of the sold out parties this year with no such difficulties. The only thing that seems crowded this year is that first parade, and the treat trails before the first parade. By 945 everyone either funnels into main street for the fireworks or the exit. The rest of the park returns to its usual MNSSHP ghost town.
Well the number of $300 passes they sold is probably not that high. It’s not like central Florida is the land of flowing money...

But I was illustrating a broader point: they’ll sell what’s on the rack AND the display stand if it boosts their revenue for a minute. Nothing is sacred. That’s the probable with chasing quarterlies and pushing price boundaries.

This is a rather insignificant example...but the larger picture is significant.

And the recession hasn’t even hit yet...but there is really no way to avoid it if you look at the overall world economic picture right now. And that is going to lead to ALOT of problems for Disney. As bob cleans out his desk.

That’s the “endgame”...ironically...to this era

pdude81

Well the number of $300 passes they sold is probably not that high. It’s not like central Florida is the land of flowing money...

But I was illustrating a broader point: they’ll sell what’s on the rack AND the display stand if it boosts their revenue for a minute. Nothing is sacred. That’s the probable with chasing quarterlies and pushing price boundaries.

This is a rather insignificant example...but the larger picture is significant.

And the recession hasn’t even hit yet...but there is really no way to avoid it if you look at the overall world economic picture right now. And that is going to lead to ALOT of problems for Disney. As bob cleans out his desk.

That’s the “endgame”...ironically...to this era
Actually I expect that there are a ton of those passes sold. That can get you into the park at least three times times a week for two and a half months. And if you were thinking about going to one of them for $85 then it's almost a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually I expect that there are a ton of those passes sold. That can get you into the park at least three times times a for two and a half months. And if you were thinking about going to one of them for $85 then it's almost a no-brainer.
Possibly...if that’s the case and they were selling out the regular tickets...there should be a crunch.

I notice they haven’t been selling out too much, however.

Can’t figure it? It’s not like they increased the price by 300% in 10 years 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom