Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It appeared implied, and if you weren't implying anything I apologize. In any case there is a wealth of data available - all wait times from 2009 to present - at Touring Plans. I doubt they are cooking the books. Now if you're saying Disney is, then the conclusions from the dataset don't really indicate that. If Disney was cooking the books they would make (imo) it seem like most or all attractions stayed the same or went down with FPP. But the reality is some went down, some went up, some stayed the same. Particularly in parks with tiering, times went up more for lesser attractions (and down more for the tier 1 FPs..).
No worries. In today's online information environment, there are just TOO MANY "polls," "surveys," "observations," and "studies" surreptitiously sponsored by parties with a vested interest in the results... got to put on your "critical thinking apparatus"* before you accept anybody else's conclusions.

*and it doesn't necessarily have to be made from tin foil

Sarah1024

SWGE would be way too late to test. Seems like they would want something through testing and rolling out for SWGE opening. Cash cow and all.

Not gonna lie, depending on the rides and price, I’d pay for it. Especially if I were going during a hot time when standing in line is more unpleasant. BUT I go to Disney infrequently so the extra few hundred dollars really is a drop in the bucket. I’d certainly give up a pricey meal (which I can get elsewhere) to get FP for rides that I cannot see elsewhere.
I would for sure pay for FP's the first week of September when we go. We'll have two small children and won't be able to waste half a day in line at DHS.

aliceismad

I would for sure pay for FP's the first week of September when we go. We'll have two small children and won't be able to waste half a day in line at DHS.

We got a FP for slinky (quite easily actually) for May but wait lines for aliens look excessive for the type of ride so we may skip it. With the time change from our home, Early Morning Magic sounds big too early for us to be pleasant, but if we hadn’t gotten Slinky FP, we would’ve considered it. But I agree I would consider buying FP for the Toy Story package, depending on cost.

I like DLR and maxpass, but there is also something to be said about the ability to plan. Especially for people coming from far away and dedicating a lot of time and money resources to their vacation.

LuvWDW2

WDW is not going to give up the FP+ system or the pre-scheduled FP's. The dream of WDW going to the Maxpass and being like DL is just that, a dream. They have been marketing the FP+ system and pre-planning more and more lately, so it isn't going anywhere.

I suspect one of the biggest complaints about Legacy FP was the need to rope drop to get the headliners (remember when TSM ran out of paper FP the first hour or 2 after opening?). Scheduling FP in advance solved that issue (and personally made travel day more fun since you knew you could walk into MK knowing you can get on all 3 mountains with a 4pm arrival, as an example).

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
WDW is not going to give up the FP+ system or the pre-scheduled FP's. The dream of WDW going to the Maxpass and being like DL is just that, a dream. They have been marketing the FP+ system and pre-planning more and more lately, so it isn't going anywhere.
My mistake. It wasn't my intension to remove FP+ all together, that would be crazy. My idea is to combine both systems so that the average person has at least a decent shot to receiving any Fastpass. Let's be honest though, the Fastpasses that are being debated in this thread are not your "Spaceship Earth/Teacups" attractions. Its the big E ticket ones, which under the FP+ system, have been difficult to get. Having DAY OF access to the Fastpass allocation bucket, by only allowing the user to grab them ONLY if they entered that park, to me, makes the system a little more fair.

nlgwisconsin

Didn't this whole thread begin based on a DVC member's post on Instragram about the new FP system potentially coming in May. So maybe they are testing it with DVC members?

Additionally, WDW Club Level that already allows guests to buy FP. Club Level is only available at the Deluxe Resorts at Walt Disney World.
All guests visiting Walt Disney World have access to 3 FastPass+ reservations per day. However, guests staying Club Level have the option to purchase 3 additional FastPasses per day.
  • Cost is $50/day per person
  • 3 day minimum purchase (so you're looking at a minimum of $150/person)
  • These FastPasses can be booked up to 90 days out (vs. the 60 days window "regular" FastPasses have for onsite guests)
  • No FastPass+ tier restrictions in booking; however, you can't repeat the same attraction more than once using FastPass+
  • If you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can book these FastPasses in multiple parks on the same day
In essence, WDW already has a paid FP system with the above model. They are likely gauging how many people have purchased it, what impact it has to avail. FP / ride waits, etc. They are probably "testing" this model in offering something similar to SWGE and potentially more attractions with an expanded audience.

To me though, it's out of budget. It's 1) At a Deluxe resort and 2) For a family of 4, 3-day min., that's an additional $600

disneyworlddad

Fastpass has increased overall utilization of attraction capacity. Those attractions carry more guest in an operating day than they did prior to fastpass. You can’t really dispute this as the data clearly backs this up.

I can buy that the attractions are carrying more guests than before the introduction of fastpass. . . . . . . BUT. . . . . . . as we all know attendance is way up since the introduction of faspass. You would have to look at percentages of guests riding the ride not just amount of guests riding the ride.

peter11435

I can buy that the attractions are carrying more guests than before the introduction of fastpass. . . . . . . BUT. . . . . . . as we all know attendance is way up since the introduction of faspass. You would have to look at percentages of guests riding the ride not just amount of guests riding the ride.
They do. They look at far more than you could imagine.

Attraction utilization and percent of gate is increased with fastpass+

Naplesgolfer

Just imagine if they hadn't let the parks stagnate for almost a decade plus hadn't blown all the money spent on MDE/MagicBands/FP+.

I don't commend them for spending a large sum of money now because the problems they are trying to fix they themselves created and could have easily avoided if those at and near the top had any theme park experience. Instead, they chose to view the theme parks as a "mature" business unit and not needing any significant on-going investments.

If you have "limited time and can afford to pay to skip the line", you can already do that - VIP tours. Why is paid FastPass seemingly the only solution?

Simply throwing money at a problem isn't always the best solution.
First there is a very large gap between 450-600 per hour, 7 hr minimum VIP tours and a paid FastPass package.
The past mismanagement is water under the bridge at this point. They need to deal with crowding and overall guest satisfaction now. They are building new rides as part of the solution. This is just another. Yes it is to make money. But IMO is also to make the 1-2 times and done family more satisfied as well. We who have gone for years look at it from a different lense IMO.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Additionally, WDW Club Level that already allows guests to buy FP. Club Level is only available at the Deluxe Resorts at Walt Disney World.
All guests visiting Walt Disney World have access to 3 FastPass+ reservations per day. However, guests staying Club Level have the option to purchase 3 additional FastPasses per day.
  • Cost is $50/day per person
  • 3 day minimum purchase (so you're looking at a minimum of $150/person)
  • These FastPasses can be booked up to 90 days out (vs. the 60 days window "regular" FastPasses have for onsite guests)
  • No FastPass+ tier restrictions in booking; however, you can't repeat the same attraction more than once using FastPass+
  • If you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can book these FastPasses in multiple parks on the same day
In essence, WDW already has a paid FP system with the above model. They are likely gauging how many people have purchased it, what impact it has to avail. FP / ride waits, etc. They are probably "testing" this model in offering something similar to SWGE and potentially more attractions with an expanded audience.

To me though, it's out of budget. It's 1) At a Deluxe resort and 2) For a family of 4, 3-day min., that's an additional $600

Disney is going to assume if you are paying to stay at a Deluxe you are more likely able to pay for this as well

this is a model (similarly) they may be looking at for others in the future, sorta, kinda, maybe

Missyrosek

@marni1971 don't know if this falls under the details you can't share, but will the paid FPs retain the same time windows as the free ones currently have? If they do, does that mean you could end up in a situation where you pay for a premium package, but there are no FPs for the attraction you are looking for that fit your schedule?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 don't know if this falls under the details you can't share, but will the paid FPs retain the same time windows as the free ones currently have? If they do, does that mean you could end up in a situation where you pay for a premium package, but there are no FPs for the attraction you are looking for that fit your schedule?
I’m sure if it’s paid for, what you paid for will be available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom