Value Resort?

hhhmickey

My family is planning a trip to Disney this fall and plan to stay in one of the value resorts. Any suggestions on pro/cons of a particular resort? Also, dates are flexible from mid October through early December...any advice on best time to make the trip? Thanks!

I stayed at all of the value resorts numerous times. I like them all but my all time favorite would have to be POP CENTURY. Its new, clean, a little more spread out and it has its own bus transportation. As for the ALL STARS, those 3 resorts share buses and it gets a little hectic and very packed. Movies would be my 2nd choice of value resort. Sports would be my last only because it seems run down to me. Mostly all class trips and cheerleading people stay there a lot. It seems a little worn out. POP was perfect both times I went, in July and last November. Not to busy, just right. Therefore I would recommend Pop Century.:wave:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My family is planning a trip to Disney this fall and plan to stay in one of the value resorts. Any suggestions on pro/cons of a particular resort? Also, dates are flexible from mid October through early December...any advice on best time to make the trip? Thanks!
POP seems to be the most popular value resort.
A pro is that the buses only make stops at POP & no other resorts.
If you go in Oct., you can attend the MNSSHP.
Remember, the holidays are usually busy (between Thanksgiving & New Year's).
Hope this helps!
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Well I can't speak for all of the Values, I have only stayed at the AS Value Resorts but here is my 2 cents on them.
All 3 (Music, Movies, Sports) are clean and to me thats the most important thing in my book. Sports is may favorite. I found Movies to be LOADED with kids, more so then the other 2. Sports is the first bus pick up and the first drop off, which is very important when you want a seat on the bus in the morning and at night when you are dying to get back to your hotel room. All 3are decorated and layed out pretty much the same except for the theming of course. Each AS has bus stops, a large store with Disney merchandise as well as convenience items, and a large dining area with many options.
Like I said, Sports is my favorite for the convenience of the buses. Movies is very pleasing to the eye (I think it is the best decorated of all 3).
Pros-cheaper (and really HOW much time do you spend in your room?), theming, large pools, very kid friendly (atmosphere and the dining area is noisy so loud kids just blend in, haha)
Cons-Last bus stop at the parks, usually waiting a little bit longer for buses (although not much), you don't have the "perks" you have at a luxery or a moderate. Walls can be thin and you may be able to hear others.

I have never stayed at Pop ( I will be in September!!!) so someone else will have to fill you in on that one. I have heard POP is better. Have fun.

Upvote 0

cb3k

If value is what you are seeking, I say go for POP. However if you can splurge a little bit and go for a moderate such as Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter I think you would enjoy it much better. Then again, I am not sure of the ages of the family members goin, but the price you see at first glance is typically higher than what you can actually get them for, so do some research and look into both the value and moderates. If young children make up a good bit of the party then the AS resorts would be very neat for them, pop to for that matter. However if peace, quiet and relaxing is what you are after I would look into the moderates. Good luck and you will have a blast wherever you go!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Personally I liked Pop the Best. I have stayed at Pop, All Star Music and Sports. Pop is newer and more up to date. But no matter what you will have a great time.

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

We stay at Pop and we love it there. Now keep in mind this is the only resort we have stayed so I don't have anything to compare it to but we are hardly ever there anyway so for us it really isn't worth spending the extra money on a moderate or a deluxe. Although one of these times I am going to splurge and treat myself. Anywho, we really do enjoy the atmosphere at Pop and the food court has good food too, in our opinion. Last time I had my niece and nephew with and the loved the pools and doing the twist in the morning! The also loved the larger than life big wheel, cell phones, rubiks cubes, yoyo's, lady and the tramp etc.

Upvote 0

svickersart

I've stayed at Pop and Sports and we are making our second trip to Pop this November. Its the newest as stated and the themeing is great, own bus, it is large, go with prefered room location and get clsoe to the main building. Last time I was there it was first week in November and it was great, nice weather not to crowded.

Upvote 0

MrsPortiaB

:wave: I'm going to throw in a positive vote for All Star Movies, I loved staying there! I missed out on the Fantasia pool last year although it looked like tons of fun. I loved my preferred room in Fantasia 2000 (although I DID NOT love the love bugs..ew..:hurl:) and although I haven't step foot on Pop Century property yet I really loved ASMo. Great theming, a little on the busy side but that's to be expected for WDW. It certainly wasn't as busy as when we popped over to ASMu and when we stayed at ASSports for a night.

Upvote 0
I haven't stayed at any of the All Stars, but we did stay at Pop in March and loved it!! We didn't have a single complaint about the resort the whole trip and had no troubles with the bus service and we were there during spring break, and it was very busy.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I have not stayed at Pop but it is newer than the All Stars.

Having said that, if you're going to stay at All-Stars, I'd suggest Sports. Yes, it's the oldest, but more importantly, its first on the bus and first off the bus upon return. Sometimes the All Star Resorts share buses, sometimes they don't. When they do, you have little hope of sitting on the way to anywhere unless you are staying at All Star Sports.

Then again, Movies is the newest one here. Also the last in line for buses.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

POP seems to be the most popular value resort.
A pro is that the buses only make stops at POP & no other resorts.
If you go in Oct., you can attend the MNSSHP.
Remember, the holidays are usually busy (between Thanksgiving & New Year's).
Hope this helps!
:D :wave:
Actually, the time between Thanksgiving (week) and Christmas (week) is usually one of the "slower" times.

Upvote 0

kstella

I stayed at the Pop right after it opened. It's a really great resort. I don't know if they still do it, but periodically throughout the day The Hustle plays over the sound system and all the CM's dance. It was alot of fun to watch. I also think the Pop is the value resort to stay at if you're not involved in anything at the sports complex.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

For a value resort we love Music. I have stayed at Sports before and didn't care for it to much. I was pleased with Music because the room that we stayed in looked brand new with all new furniture & paint. They had just been redone and they were very nice. I read on Allearsnet that all of the resorts there are being redone so any of them will be nice. (Sports, Music & Movies)

My sister loves Pop and will be returning this Oct for a week. We haven't stayed there but from what everyone says, it sounds very nice. I think we will be at POR next trip, if not, we will book two rooms at Music. I liked it that much!:)

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We have stayed at all the values, and by far POP is the best. For the basic reason that they have their own buses. I've never seen the place over crowded, and the atmosphere is just in line with the All Stars, but alot newer, cleaner, whatever your choice of terms. But whatever your choice you'll have a great time. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Disney29

I've stayed at Music, Sports and Pop. They all have a unique flare to them.Pick your favorite theme and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Pop is definitely a newer and busier hotel ( It has more rooms than just one of the all stars). Hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0

mitchs

Value Resorts

just returned. stayed at all stars...NEVER again. run down and way to small for the many many many SAmerican tour groups and soccer teams that stay as well. groups too large and too loud well past 1 am every night. overcrowded the lobby and food court. bright side...no bus sharing except to AK. last year stayed at POP. best time and very spread out. no bus sharing but may have to wait for bus at days end because of the amount of guests returning from parks at night. next time, i'll stay other.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom