Value Resort?

hhhmickey

My family is planning a trip to Disney this fall and plan to stay in one of the value resorts. Any suggestions on pro/cons of a particular resort? Also, dates are flexible from mid October through early December...any advice on best time to make the trip? Thanks!

wulfgeat

I only have stayed at Music. It was fine. It is a hotel with the benefit of being on Disney property. Almost the same for POR, though. A little better theming at Moderates, but they are still hotels with table service added.

As for time, I would go after T-giving, before Christmas. You get to enjoy the Christmas decorations without the crowds.

My wife keeps saying I don't have a true Disney experience because I have never been in the heat and crowds of June and July. I tell her I have because I have been in February when you can actually enjoy the parks.

Upvote 0

nankeldisney821

I have stayed at POP, Movies & Music and I agree with everyone else and think POP is by far the best. I have stayed there 3 times and are staying there again Aug 11th-16th. I even stayed there last October for my Honeymoon!! It is definitely better with POP having thier own buses. That is a huge plus. I have been to Disney at different times over the years, Feb, April, Sept, and October and I think Sept or Oct are the best times to go. I haven't been between T'giving & Christmas yet but heard that it isn't that busy and very decorated for the holiday which would be great too.

Basically, my vote is for POP. There is a good food court too and it wasn't busy anytime I have been in there or at least not that busy. They have a good store too! Have fun wherever you stay!! :wave:

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Pop is the cheapest of the Values to stay in. It is in a different county than the All Stars and has a lower room tax. You'll save a few $$ by staying at Pop.

Personally, I like Pop's main building much better than the ones at the All Stars but the themeing on the room buildings just seem way too over the top for my tastes. I find it extremely annoying for some reason. The rooms are nicer since they are newer. Honestly though, when it comes to quality, if you have to settle for a Value resort over a Moderate or above, it doesn't really matter which one you choose.

Upvote 0

HS0411

From an All-Star CM...

I got to step up and support my resort alma mater the ALL-STARS! I loved working there every minute I was there. I actually transfered to work there because I didn't like the original one I was assigned to (which will remain nameless).

I'm probably the only one, but I've had more bus issues when I've been a guest at Pop compared to the All-Stars. I'm really being serious and it's not just because I worked there.

I will warn you that this is the time of year (Turkey Day to X-Mas) that we have alot of our sport youth groups here. They usually take up Sports first, Music second, and then Movies. And I will agree, they usually aren't the quietest guests.

Movies will always seem to be less busy, because their occupancy stays the most consistent throughout the year. Music and Sports especially tend to change greatly. I've seen us have to check-in well over half of the Sports resort on Friday and then check them all out on Sunday. Mostly do to AP/FL Resident rates.

I know I rambled, but I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

HS0411

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Pop is the cheapest of the Values to stay in. It is in a different county than the All Stars and has a lower room tax. You'll save a few $$ by staying at Pop.

Resort tax at Pop is 12.5% being in Orange County.

Resort tax at All-Stars is 13% being in Osecloa County.

Upvote 0

HS0411

Didn't know the exact difference but in May of last year I checked the total difference and found that it was almost $5 a night cheaper at Pop than at AS.

It's not that much. I just knew because I learned my lesson the hard way. When I went to All-Stars, I was charging the originial 11.5% Orange County tax. And then when I went back to an Orange country resort a few months later, they forgot to tell me tax went up 1%! I had quite a few bills to correct and phone calls to make!

:brick: :brick: :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom