Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick question:

Site works great. I mentioned before that alerts aren't pushed, I have to refresh to update the alerts. Is this being worked on or is it just the way it is now? Just curious.
Yes auto refresh will be back. The delay is doing it in such a way that it doesn't overload the database with constant refresh requests.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Hi Steve, I actually really like the update...one thing though. On the old format, if you were in, say, the Trip Report Forum, you could select "Mark Forums Read" and only have the threads in that particular thread reset, but now it seems you have to select "Mark All Forums Read"?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Steve, I actually really like the update...one thing though. On the old format, if you were in, say, the Trip Report Forum, you could select "Mark Forums Read" and only have the threads in that particular thread reset, but now it seems you have to select "Mark All Forums Read"?
Just make sure you are in the forum that you want to make as read.

markreadscreen.png

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Just make sure you are in the forum that you want to make as read.

View attachment 257715

Oh my goodness, I've been doing it wrong! LOL. I always used the "Mark Forums Read" on the top of the forums, and then it would give me a choice to mark all the forums read, or just the current. Never knew there was a place to click for just the current forum. Thanks so much, this solves my problem!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can the text box be made larger? I am trying to compose a trip report entry on an iPad with photos added in between text comments. After I inserted the first photo I can no longer see space to write under the inserted photo without manually scrolling up. And if I have to erase (or backspace) the cursor jumps back to the photo and I have to start the process over again. This is very frustrating and much more time consuming. Under the old format I could see the entire post as I was composing without having to scroll with my finger. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your feedback. There are some issues in certain circumstances like the one you describe. I’m looking into it.
Thanks. I was using Chrome and switched to Safari. On Safari I could make the box about twice as large as it was on Chrome, but still ran into the same issue when erasing, backspacing or returning. And I when finished I still could not see the entire post (even in “preview mode”) as I formerly could under the old format.
I still have the "small text box" issue (and the problems noted above) on my iPad, both in Chrome and Safari, even in preview mode.

I have adapted to this new format in all areas except this one. I primarily use my iPad for this site and was hoping the ability to compose a long post (with photos) would be restored to the way it used to be.

Thank you for your forbearance in putting up with user complaints! I really appreciate all you do.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I still have the "small text box" issue (and the problems noted above) on my iPad, both in Chrome and Safari, even in preview mode.

I have adapted to this new format in all areas except this one. I primarily use my iPad for this site and was hoping the ability to compose a long post (with photos) would be restored to the way it used to be.

Thank you for your forbearance in putting up with user complaints! I really appreciate all you do.
Yes it’s still being worked on. Thanks for your patience.

smile

Hey Steve - FWIW...

Noticed right after the change I'd get the occasional 500 server error... hadn't happned for over a week, so didn't want to mention it, but just got it again.

Had never happened before the switch.

Just an FYI

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Steve - FWIW...

Noticed right after the change I'd get the occasional 500 server error... hadn't happned for over a week, so didn't want to mention it, but just got it again.

Just an FYI

Yes its been on-going for quite a while and I'm continuously trying to track down the cause. Thanks for reporting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Steve - FWIW...

Just an FYI
Some additional changes were put live this morning that I hope will help with this situation. Please let me know if you see any further issues.

Thanks

flynnibus

Premium Member
@wdwmagic , a recent and bugging issue...

Replying on iPad and the reply window is suddenly masked by the keyboard as soon as you type. iPad Pro, now on iOS11.2.5

Thank you

Yes I’m seeing the same thing. It’s impossible to type and see what you are typing.

What I am seeing is in chrome, it keeps jumping to where the ad is. In safari it jumps there when the reply starts... but you can scroll down and see the text input and it stays. In chrome it keeps jumping back :(

@wdwmagic please work on this... it’s a real showstopper

Chrome...
BEE2B032-5AF6-4ED7-A76F-7C8193BA2709.png

Safari

9DDBEFF3-DB86-4E6B-9C82-094F60C72727.png

The anchor point being at the ad spot is torture

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic , a recent and bugging issue...

Replying on iPad and the reply window is suddenly masked by the keyboard as soon as you type. iPad Pro, now on iOS11.2.5

Thank you
Yes I’m seeing the same thing. It’s impossible to type and see what you are typing.

What I am seeing is in chrome, it keeps jumping to where the ad is. In safari it jumps there when the reply starts... but you can scroll down and see the text input and it stays. In chrome it keeps jumping back :(

@wdwmagic please work on this... it’s a real showstopper

Chrome...
View attachment 263491

Safari

View attachment 263492

The anchor point being at the ad spot is torture

I'm not able to reproduce this so far. Could you confirm the iPad screen size and is it specific to portrait or landscape orientations?

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom