Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 11.09.03 AM.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 75

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So this might have been different before, I don't use the forums on mobile that often, but advertisements are showing up in someone's post instead of before or after. It almost makes it look like that person posted the ad.
That has always been there. It does include a notice above it indicating that it is an ad.

Minnesota disney fan

We've launched a new version of the WDWMAGIC forums today.

You will notice some changes, but everything functions in a similar way to before, hopefully only better.

We would love to hear any feedback, and as always, feel free to ask any questions.

Hope you enjoy the updated forum!

I love, love the new website!!!! It is much faster to navigate, and I really appreciate that the down arrow doesn't disappear after a few seconds of not moving it. Something little, but a pain all the same. The whole website looks great.
Thanks for the best Disney site out there:)

BrianLo

Looks great on mobile!

One minor quip - is it possible to add the previous and next page _of_ option to both the top as well as the bottom? It just feels a bit weird to scroll to the bottom of the most recent posts to go back in the conversation. I also unknowingly look for what page I’m on whenever I start reading a thread. Opening this up I actually had thought I was seeing the OP from 5 pages deep and the context was odd.

Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can the text box be made larger? I am trying to compose a trip report entry on an iPad with photos added in between text comments. After I inserted the first photo I can no longer see space to write under the inserted photo without manually scrolling up. And if I have to erase (or backspace) the cursor jumps back to the photo and I have to start the process over again. This is very frustrating and much more time consuming. Under the old format I could see the entire post as I was composing without having to scroll with my finger. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Can the text box be made larger? I am trying to compose a trip report entry on an iPad with photos added in between text comments. After I inserted the first photo I can no longer see space to write under the inserted photo without manually scrolling up. And if I have to erase (or backspace) the cursor jumps back to the photo and I have to start the process over again. This is very frustrating and much more time consuming. Under the old format I could see the entire post as I was composing without having to scroll with my finger. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your feedback. There are some issues in certain circumstances like the one you describe. I’m looking into it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for your feedback. There are some issues in certain circumstances like the one you describe. I’m looking into it.
Thanks. I was using Chrome and switched to Safari. On Safari I could make the box about twice as large as it was on Chrome, but still ran into the same issue when erasing, backspacing or returning. And I when finished I still could not see the entire post (even in “preview mode”) as I formerly could under the old format.

SteveBrickNJ

I just want to say that I appreciate being able to select: "Threads with your posts"
When I select that, I can see the latest activity on : The Chit Chat thread, NFL Discussion Thread, A Word With Friends & Cut the Word / Add a Word....all 4 threads' recent activity displayed on one screen!
Very convenient! :D
(But the green grinning emoji was better :hilarious: )

sheriffwoody

I like the new look and responsiveness, which works great on Chrome! Haven't tried it on mobile yet, but I never got on here on my phone because I hated it, so I'm hoping to use it on my phone more now :happy: Thanks for your hard work.

One feature I'm missing is the OP designation throughout the thread. Is there a specific reason that was taken out?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I like the new look and responsiveness, which works great on Chrome! Haven't tried it on mobile yet, but I never got on here on my phone because I hated it, so I'm hoping to use it on my phone more now :happy: Thanks for your hard work.

One feature I'm missing is the OP designation throughout the thread. Is there a specific reason that was taken out?
It will be back shortly :)

AEfx

1) Is there no way to actually go to a new screen to compose a proper reply anymore? Or is it just "quick reply"? What am I missing? And where is multi-quote?

2) I fully support (no pun intended) this site doing nearly whatever it needs to in terms of ads, and unlike a lot I don't block them - but what is exasperating the issue #1 above is that the ads above the quick reply box are refreshing every minute or so it seems, and because they are of varied size, it makes the whole screen jump around. A moment ago, as I am typing this, there was a banner ad, and then while I'm in the middle of typing a sentence it was replaced with a large video ad, and the text box I'm trying to type in gets pushed below the screen, so I have to scroll down to see what I am typing again.

I kind of feel like I'm on Twitter all of a sudden, where we are just being encouraged to write short little bursts of pithy banter. Type something quick before the ad changes, here is a little tiny box to write in, and don't bother writing more complex or thoughtful replies.

EDIT: This jumping around thing is also happening while just browsing and reading. It's really really distracting. I'm about to click on a thread, and suddenly the link is several inches down. Or I'm in the middle of reading a post, and the post jumps. Especially with this much larger font stuff, I feel like I'm playing some sort of mini-game with my mouse in order to be able to even read.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
1) Is there no way to actually go to a new screen to compose a proper reply anymore? Or is it just "quick reply"? What am I missing? And where is multi-quote?

2) I fully support (no pun intended) this site doing nearly whatever it needs to in terms of ads, and unlike a lot I don't block them - but what is exasperating the issue #1 above is that the ads above the quick reply box are refreshing every minute or so it seems, and because they are of varied size, it makes the whole screen jump around. A moment ago, as I am typing this, there was a banner ad, and then while I'm in the middle of typing a sentence it was replaced with a large video ad, and the text box I'm trying to type in gets pushed below the screen, so I have to scroll down to see what I am typing again.

I kind of feel like I'm on Twitter all of a sudden, where we are just being encouraged to write short little bursts of pithy banter. Type something quick before the ad changes, here is a little tiny box to write in, and don't bother writing more complex or thoughtful replies.

EDIT: This jumping around thing is also happening while just browsing and reading. It's really really distracting. I'm about to click on a thread, and suddenly the link is several inches down. Or I'm in the middle of reading a post, and the post jumps. Especially with this much larger font stuff, I feel like I'm playing some sort of mini-game with my mouse in order to be able to even read.
Yes the dynamic resizing ads are a problem. I'm looking at improving that situation.

We use a system of header bidding, where advertisers bid for the right to show the ad, and it is of varying size. The page has already loaded by the time the result of the auction is made, which is why you see the shift as everything moves to accommodate the ad size.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes there is only a quick reply.

Multi-quote is in the bottom right corner of a post "+Quote".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom