Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

Jahona

And what appears to be a glitch; reopening the tab the website is open on and new alerts aren’t flagged up. You have to manually go into alerts to see if you have any.

Could this be the same issue reported earlier where new alerts don’t show in an open but inactive tab?

Just to add to this. I'm not getting the alert icon unless I refresh a page on desktop.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here the big one:
  • Under "Watched Threads" the link to jump to the first unread in a thread is now missing.

Minor observations:
  • The 'dimmed' version looks better than 'normal' (as before).
  • There's a lot of white space and padding around system remarks. The "users said" box is relatively huge. There's a lot of white space above and below "Report.... Like Quote Reply." And the list of who liked the post also has a big padded box. The space between posts is big. This all leads to a lot of scrolling.
  • The width of the posts should be scaled to 100% of the screen width.
first of all, thanks for existing and your continued efforts to cultivate the site and its community.

far as the above, unless you've changed something, all it actually requires is a simple mouse-over.

any intentions to bring back all of the individual forum links on the upper toolbar?
t'was grand for darting about between them

greatly appreciated for those of us on desktops with a larger than normal screen...
even better if we could dictate %

Full width is now an option in the style picker (bottom left corner)

lazyboy97o

I cant reproduce this one on the same setup as you. Can you describe the steps to reproduce?
I was just replying to threads. It didn’t seem to matter if I was inserting quotes or replying fresh. Oddly enough this very reply is the first to function properly.

donaldtoo

Sorry, right now l hate it.
I don't even know what page I'm on 'til I get to the bottom now, and I can't seem to navigate page by page-ish...?
With the old version I could pick a page or go back or forward 5 pages at a time.
How do I go to a specific page...?
What am I missing...?!

spacemt354

Chili's
Overall, after a few hours, i like the general vibe. Feels much more modern and I do sense it is a bit faster.

The contrast between quoted posts and posts is my biggest issue. Instead of the username being quoted in orange, i would prefer that to be black, and the quoted post itself to be highlighted tanish/orange like it used to be (or any other highlight that isnt so close in shade to the actual post.)

The font as well (at least on desktop) could use a slight uptick. Given these two options I would say something in the middle of these two.
Current Font 15
Next Font 18

And it goes without saying thank you @wdwmagic for your continued excellence in running this site. These would be minor nitpicks if I didn't spend practically every day on this forum.

MrToadFan55

I used to have a different account but that one I couldn't recover sense I don't have access to my email anymore and I don't know my password I used to be @Bacon I found my friend had this one yet never used it (?) Anyway I really liked when I could see Other people's Online status with the green triangle. I also do not like how Face-booky it has gotten with the like being thumbs up emoji's but Meh ill work it out. :) EDIT:NEVER MIND THE TRIANGLE IS STILL THERE BUT THE REST STANDS

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, right now l hate it.
I don't even know what page I'm on 'til I get to the bottom now, and I can't seem to navigate page by page-ish...?
With the old version I could pick a page or go back or forward 5 pages at a time.
How do I go to a specific page...?
What am I missing...?!
Using a phone, click on the page counter (eg. 3 of 6), you can then pick a specific page by directly trying int he page number, or using the + and -.

MOXOMUMD

I'm not following your question there. Are you trying to upload photos or do a trip countdown?
I go to the paper clip which goes to my gallery then I choose pic. And then it says to close tab and It's supposed to show up in post message box? It's not for me. Nothing. I feel so dumb.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I go to the paper clip which goes to my gallery then I choose pic. And then it says to close tab and It's supposed to show up in post message box? It's not for me. Nothing. I feel so dumb.
The process is the same as before.

You need to click Attach Files just underneath the message box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom