Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

spacemt354

Chili's
I am still receiving the red notifications
If I'm on the page I get the red notifications.

I see when not on the page and in a different tab, there's now a (1) instead of a red notification in the wdwmagic tab. Didn't notice that at first. I only brought it up because I always thought that's a great tool to bring someone back to the site

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I cleared all my cookies but when I try to view this thread:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“i’ve-got-a-golden-ticket…or-two…-or-three”-christmas-experience.936832/

or this thread:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/‘tis-the-season-for-more-disney.936500/

I get this message:

This page isn’t working
forums.wdwmagic.com redirected you too many times.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Hey bud, why dont you worry about finishing that TR!!!!! Been patiently waiting. But Im hardly one to complain aboiut delayed TR's hahaha

SteveBrickNJ

I like "Find threads"...everybody it is under "Forums". When I select "Find Friends" I can then select "Threads started by SteveBrickNJ". It's a handy feature on the main page. I'm viewing everything on a laptop.
I paused after the "on a laptop" and logged in on my phone. On a smaller screen I'll need to teach myself how to switch from one forum to another. The phone does not fit everything that appears on my laptop screen.

SteveBrickNJ

I like "Find threads"...everybody it is under "Forums". When I select "Find Friends" I can then select "Threads started by SteveBrickNJ". It's a handy feature on the main page. I'm viewing everything on a laptop.
I paused after the "on a laptop" and logged in on my phone. On a smaller screen I'll need to teach myself how to switch from one forum to another. The phone does not fit everything that appears on my laptop screen.
Got it. In the upper right corner I select the "waffle" symbol and then I'm all set.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Is the ability to make it fit the screen coming back? Or am I overlooking that setting current?
I’m on my phone, but all the way at the bottom of the screen is a thing that says normal. Clicking that on my phone I get an option for dimmed. Previously, clicking that on my computer had an option for fitting the width of the screen.

lazyboy97o

On my iPhone X (iOS 11.2.1, Safari, Portrait Orientation) there is no scrolling while typing a reply. I can only see the top few lines of text and everything after that is hidden by the keyboard. Even if I manually scroll down, the view resets when I start typing.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
On my iPhone X (iOS 11.2.1, Safari, Portrait Orientation) there is no scrolling while typing a reply. I can only see the top few lines of text and everything after that is hidden by the keyboard. Even if I manually scroll down, the view resets when I start typing.
Similar behavior on my iPhone 8.

Especially noticeable if attaching an image

Jahona

I miss the cleaner single line breaks between posts instead of each post having it's own box, mainly a desktop thing. It feels a bit more cluttered on mobile now when you start to have a lot of quick posts and quotes. There's a lot more on the screen in terms of graphics than before.

On Galaxy S7 Edge using Chrome, I can see the text box I'm typing in above the keyboard. If I scroll up or down and start typing again It takes me back to the reply text box. When typing in the box the point size in the text box is fairly small. With each line of text the page automatically moves to show the new lines.

brb1006

I really love the new look, but it's going to look a while for me to get used to checking my watched threads.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I cant reproduce this one on the same setup as you. Can you describe the steps to reproduce?

BlindChow

The all-white design makes the site feel a little...sterile. It's like the institutional version of the old, more colorful site.

Also, the smaller font and the fact comments are pushed closer together (with such a light outline between them) actually makes the site feel a bit more cluttered than before (on desktop).

But like everyone else, I'm sure in a week or two I'll be used to it...

sunsetblvd26

Certainly not a huge problem, but thought I’d point it out. There’s this weird glitch when signing in on mobile where the blinking line thing doesn’t match up with the text box
73F453EA-14FA-4904-BD50-FB166E6F24C5.png

Also, the button to quickly bring you back up to the top is gone I think, which I always thought was a nice little feature. EDIT- Ok I see it now, though only when you scroll all the way to the bottom.

Overall I like it a lot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom