Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

StarWarsGirl

I gotta be honest with you here, I really hate the mobile view. I find it very difficult to navigate through. I don't like how when you're on a thread, there's no way to navigate back to the main forum page. f you click "Home" it takes you back to the home page. It's much too simplified and takes too long to navigate anywhere.

sunsetblvd26

I gotta be honest with you here, I really hate the mobile view. I find it very difficult to navigate through. I don't like how when you're on a thread, there's no way to navigate back to the main forum page. f you click "Home" it takes you back to the home page. It's much too simplified and takes too long to navigate anywhere.
Click on the three line panel on the top left and then forums. It’s the same as before I think, just the other side.

StarWarsGirl

Click on the three line panel on the top left and then forums. It’s the same as before I think, just the other side.
It's not. It would be better if it gave you a forum list or if home took you to the main forum page, but it takes you to the main page of the site.
Screenshot_2018-01-06-12-04-11.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here the big one:
  • Under "Watched Threads" the link to jump to the first unread in a thread is now missing.

Minor observations:
  • The 'dimmed' version looks better than 'normal' (as before).
  • There's a lot of white space and padding around system remarks. The "users said" box is relatively huge. There's a lot of white space above and below "Report.... Like Quote Reply." And the list of who liked the post also has a big padded box. The space between posts is big. This all leads to a lot of scrolling.
  • The width of the posts should be scaled to 100% of the screen width.

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Is there a way to go to the beginning (or a specific page) of a thread with multiple pages?

The differences in navigating the forums is a little confusing so far. There’s definitely a learning curve.

I’m on the mobile site using an iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 11.something.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Minor point:

I liked being able to hover over Alerts to see what's new, can that return?
Touch devices don't have a hover action, so the interface is now consistent across a pointer device or a touch device. You have to click or touch to see. I agree, it is not as easy as before.

Ag11gani

One thing i am not liking is that in the expanded fourm tag at the top no longer shows all of the fourms, now I sometimes have to scroll for that seems like forever to get to some of them. And there is something about the font that seems off, maybe it is because I don't really like the font but in titles it seems really spaced out, not a big issue though.

Other than that, I like it although it may take a bit to get used too.

smile

It requires a click on the avatar to see that currently.

first of all, thanks for existing and your continued efforts to cultivate the site and its community.

far as the above, unless you've changed something, all it actually requires is a simple mouse-over.

any intentions to bring back all of the individual forum links on the upper toolbar?
t'was grand for darting about between them

• The width of the posts should be scaled to 100% of the screen width.

greatly appreciated for those of us on desktops with a larger than normal screen...
even better if we could dictate %

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And what appears to be a glitch; reopening the tab the website is open on and new alerts aren’t flagged up. You have to manually go into alerts to see if you have any.

Could this be the same issue reported earlier where new alerts don’t show in an open but inactive tab?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom