Upcoming/Rumored Projects

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While Avatar was announced, permits didn't not exist proving it was in the works until after it was added to the list if I am not mistaken.

This is true, but in really irrelevant since there are things on the list which are far more rumor then Avatar, Carsland and the hat removal for example. So the list on the first page doesn't just contain things that are definitely happening.

PeterAlt

While Avatar was announced, permits didn't not exist proving it was in the works until after it was added to the list if I am not mistaken.
I also want to add, in addition to what Dan said, that Avatar was announced not only before permits (and, therefore, also before construction began) were granted, but also while (at the very least) early design work was taking place. The Avatar project is an exception to the rule that a project first completes design and engineering before getting announced. I'm not sure if permits are always pulled (with the exception of Avatar) before the announcement. Dan, are they?

Fairybuzz

I never suggested it would be Mystic Manner. All I said was that was the last project this Imagineer worked on. It can't be Mystic Manner any way, because HKDL has an exclusive contract on it for five years.

My guess is that it is a new ride or 3D movie (or both) for Imagination that may (or may not) include Figment, but Iger said Figment's not leaving...

Oh no I really was just saying that before the bandwagon came just in case lol

Thats great news. I'm so glad to hear that!

Luigi

Could they be copying the Mystic Manor ride system and basic story? Replacing Henry Mystic and Albert the Monkey with Dreamfinder and Figment? Having Figment opening the Box of Imagination causing havoc all over the pavilion?

Kind of like how Indiana Jones and Dinosaur are the same track system with similar effects

Just a thought.

dreamscometrue

Could they be copying the Mystic Manor ride system and basic story? Replacing Henry Mystic and Albert the Monkey with Dreamfinder and Figment? Having Figment opening the Box of Imagination causing havoc all over the pavilion?

Kind of like how Indiana Jones and Dinosaur are the same track system with similar effects

Just a thought.

Best thought ever! :)

doctornick

Just a thought.

Wow. Fantastic idea.

RSoxNo1

Just a thought.
I think "New Imagination Ride using LPS ride system" is near the top of every fanboi's wishlist.

PorterRedkey

Looking at IAPPA 2013, trackless ride vehicles/systems seem to be made by several companies. Soon it will be playing catch-up to have a trackless system that crosses over it's own path!

While WDW has trackless systems in the park already, they are not the type which vehicles on different paths can occupy the same space at different times, like in the Asian parks (except UoE.) I think you know the ride type I mean.

Now WDW is not interested in new rides every year. They like a themed land in one park every 5 years and refurbs and "special" weekends to drive attendance. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hate this love of the status quo except when it comes to tearing down beloved attractions instead of keeping them and adding to the park with new pavilions.

I want to love you again Disney, but you keep making it harder, with every incompetent choice, to spend the unreasonable money you ask of your "guests".

Shape up in 2014! I hope that's your New Year's resolution!

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Looking at IAPPA 2013, trackless ride vehicles/systems seem to be made by several companies. Soon it will be playing catch-up to have a trackless system that crosses over it's own path!

While WDW has trackless systems in the park already, they are not the type which vehicles on different paths can occupy the same space at different times, like in the Asian parks (except UoE.) I think you know the ride type I mean.

Now WDW is not interested in new rides every year. They like a themed land in one park every 5 years and refurbs and "special" weekends to drive attendance. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hate this love of the status qua except when it comes to tearing down beloved attractions instead of keeping them and adding to the park with new pavilions.

I want to love you again Disney, but you keep making it harder, with every incompetent choice, to spend the unreasonable money you ask of your "guests".

Shape up in 2014! I hope that's you New Year's resolution!
They need internal restructuring. WDI needs to be competitive. It used to compete with Walt Disney Development Company but they merged it into WDI. They need to reorganize the park chain of command.

kaos

A bus driver told me that the new star wars land is going to be where RnR is now and that the building was designed to be moved easily from one location to another. Can someone verify it for me? :facepalm:

Tom

Beta Return
A bus driver told me that the new star wars land is going to be where RnR is now and that the building was designed to be moved easily from one location to another. Can someone verify it for me? :facepalm:

Yes, just like the Small World building, the RnRC building is sitting on giant tractor-trailer style rigs (similar to the opening set for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show). They just plug in a remote control and drive the building to a new location.

Of course, they'll have to add another electrical substation at the new location, but those are cheap.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, just like the Small World building, the RnRC building is sitting on giant tractor-trailer style rigs (similar to the opening set for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show). They just plug in a remote control and drive the building to a new location.

Of course, they'll have to add another electrical substation at the new location, but those are cheap.
I am sure 2 or 3 Honda generators from Home Depot will suffice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom