Upcoming/Rumored Projects

roj2323

Anyway, I was just coming here to say that I have not followed the rumors closely of late but was surprised to see on Page 1, updated in early January of this year that Carsland is still a rumor for the Hollywood Studios park, but not Star Wars land expansion. I guess I thought I had read the Star Wars expansion was going to happen at the Studios park.

To me it makes more sense with wizarding world's Diagon alley coming online soon that Star Wars is likely to get more focus simply because it's a more marketable franchise. If you have been in the park recently you may have noticed that they are already expanding the product lines. The shop to the exit of star tours has at least doubled the number of sku's since I was in there in September. Also from what I've been told from park insiders backlot express (BLX) is going to be bulldozed and replaced with cantina and the old sounds dangerous is going to be remodeled into a more permeant home for Jedi training academy.

Sped2424

Animal kingdom :banghead:. I already feel bad for the poor animals who probably want to sleep.:bored:
I think the animals can still sleep, but many animals on the safari ride are interrupted during times when they should be sleeping such as the lions. In fact to pass by their habitat at night would be wonderful as they would be far more active.

OnyxNine

I think the animals can still sleep, but many animals on the safari ride are interrupted during times when they should be sleeping such as the lions. In fact to pass by their habitat at night would be wonderful as they would be far more active.

Hmmm, right. Some nocturnal animals will be around. didn't thought of that one :)

Bocabear

Been limited in the past couple weeks to the forum due to the holidays and a lot going on with staycation and the deep freeze that hit us in the Chicago Southern Suburbs. (neg 13F on my temp gauge on Mon with wind chill of neg 45F the same day) Man I miss Orlando.

what about the Peter Pan queue area enhancement at MK?

and did I miss something about a loss of Star Wars area at HS...D23 displayed Star Wars themed crates hinting at an addition... that's the way I saw it...

and where is a meet and greet of Oswald that cast members promised me last trip would start in 2013???
That is a great question....What ever did happen to the Peter pan enhancements that have been talked about?
Did they dry up when MM+ became an issue or are they still planning to do that after 7 Dwarves?

BrerJon

That is a great question....What ever did happen to the Peter pan enhancements that have been talked about?
Did they dry up when MM+ became an issue or are they still planning to do that after 7 Dwarves?

The reason the Pan restrooms closed and were replaced by Tangled was to make room for the interactive queue, but I'm pretty sure this has now been dropped.

Disney have learned a big lesson from Haunted Mansion. An interactive queue can work in Dumbo, where you are waiting for a long time and not moving, or Pooh, where kids can run off and play and come back as the line moves along, but for rides with fast moving lines, you end up either holding other people up or having to hold back yourself in order to experience them. Mansion and Pan lives move too quickly for the interactivity to be effective on a mass scale.

Half the time at Manson people have to be told by a Cast Member to use the interactive line because they either think it's slower or don't even notice it. The other they all go the interactive route and don't know they can bypass.

I'm sure the Tracking Handcuff budget worries were the last straw to kill them off, but even without that, given the lack of guest praise and increase in confusion, I suspect the Pan line may have been dropped regardless.

dstrawn9889

while we wail atthe cost of MM+, do we actually know a number that is 'normal' for PC hardware replacement at WDW? i mean, 2b might seem like a lot of money, but really how much does disney pay in consumables yearly for the hotels? a rough number i had run on towels washed daily(23k rooms at 4-room, i know really rough and not counting DVC)... 92k a day? how many need to be replaced in a year from damage, theft, ?? that has to be a not-small number of $ itself.

PeterAlt

The reason the Pan restrooms closed and were replaced by Tangled was to make room for the interactive queue, but I'm pretty sure this has now been dropped.

Disney have learned a big lesson from Haunted Mansion. An interactive queue can work in Dumbo, where you are waiting for a long time and not moving, or Pooh, where kids can run off and play and come back as the line moves along, but for rides with fast moving lines, you end up either holding other people up or having to hold back yourself in order to experience them. Mansion and Pan lives move too quickly for the interactivity to be effective on a mass scale.

Half the time at Manson people have to be told by a Cast Member to use the interactive line because they either think it's slower or don't even notice it. The other they all go the interactive route and don't know they can bypass.

I'm sure the Tracking Handcuff budget worries were the last straw to kill them off, but even without that, given the lack of guest praise and increase in confusion, I suspect the Pan line may have been dropped regardless.
You can bypass the interactive cue?

I just learned about the fourth major refurb of SSE a few days ago. And just before that, I had no idea that they expanded Typhoon Lagoon. Before that, I didn't know that the Nemo refurb of LS was as big as it is.

I gotta get my head out of the monorail and start paying more attention to what's going on with the rides!

I apologize to my fans who I may have let down by making this confession and revelation!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You can bypass the interactive cue?

I just learned about the fourth major refurb of SSE a few days ago. And just before that, I had no idea that they expanded Typhoon Lagoon. Before that, I didn't know that the Nemo refurb of LS was as big as it is.

I gotta get my head out of the monorail and start paying more attention to what's going on with the rides!

I apologize to my fans who I may have let down by making this confession and revelation!

Be sure to check out the cool new park Disney opened called Animal Kingdom. ;)

Magenta Panther

That's exactly the impression I got when I visited the Mansion last fall. People were walking right by the organ and the Ghost Writer, having no clue what they were for. Sometimes they'd stare at the busts of the "extended" Mansion family, as if expecting them to, I don't know, light up or something. A couple of times, I activated the Ghost Writer, and banged on the instruments on the wall of the Organ crypt, and while the people near me thought they were cool, they didn't interact with them and walked right past them, eager to get to the Mansion. Fail!

If I were TDO, I'd rip out all of the queue junk and restore the walkway the way it was before. But if a Haunted Mansion gift shop is ever built, then the Organ Crypt and the Ghost Writer would make fine additions within it. And TDO could also take those lame, unconvincing new Hitchhiker Ghost projections and put them in the gift shop too, in giant mirrors or something. That way, the queue additions wouldn't be a total loss.

Sped2424

Im sorry quick moving pan line? Which ride did you go on? Cause the last time I waited for pan I nearly lost my sanity. The ride that is always 60 minutes and up at the magic kingdom. While I agree most people breeze by in the haunted mansion queue pan was actually a ride that could have benefitted from something like this. I have seen the wait time for that thing go up to 120 minutes, but on most busy days its between 60-90.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Agree 100% regarding Peter Pan's slow moving line. Probably the most boring way to spend an hour! The interactive que for Haunted Mansion was one of the highlights of our visit for our 5 and 3 yr old grandsons. We have wonderful video of them playing with the 'book case' and getting squirted next to the Admirals crypt. Any improvement to Peter Pan would be welcomed!

JeffH

Peter Pan's popularity is legend, now, and the wait time for it will only get worse as more and more people come to WDW to enjoy it anew and again and again. You can't do anything to IT to solve this problem. That's why I've proposed over and over again that they build a new bigger, better, dual-queue (2x capacity) version in the area BEHIND the New Fantasyland Expansion where there is plenty of room for a built-out (unrestricted) Peter Pan building, the (like themed) Pixie Hollow (that was cancelled after they decided to build the Dwarf's Mine Ride instead), bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and if they really wanted to go all out, they could bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (w/new tech and the ride building on the other side of the train tracks) and on top of the 20K ride building (and OVER the train tracks/tunnel) Matterhorn Bobsleds...and to top it off a new indoor theater which would normally play the Mickey Mouse Review, but could also be used during the holidays to present Mickey's Twas the Night Before Xmas play...a Retro-Fantasyland of old, but new and better. Guarsh, they rebuild DUMBO twice as big in a new spot, why not the most popular ride in Fantasyland. And THIS expansion could be done 100% behind the scenes with 0% disruption. They could even leave the old Peter Pan open for a while while the 'rush' for the new attraction is going on, then afterwards that area could be re-purposed into a Tangled attraction in conjunction with the amazing Tangled restroom thrill ride they built (utilizing the additional space vacated by the old restrooms). Now THAT would be a Fantasyland expansion I would be impressed with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom