Upcoming/Rumored Projects

HakunaMatata89

i guess i just don't get why every movie now a days has to have a sequel when the original movie ended good. meh the movie industry today is just like Disney's parks. Why do something new and fresh when you can just keep the old with a slight addition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i guess i just don't get why every movie now a days has to have a sequel when the original movie ended good. meh the movie industry today is just like Disney's parks. Why do something new and fresh when you can just keep the old with a slight addition.

I really think it's a case of risk aversion, why take the chances with something new when you have something existing that has proven itself. This is why we see so many sequels and remakes. It's also not just a movie thing but happens in TV, video games and other businesses.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I really think it's a case of risk aversion, why take the chances with something new when you have something existing that has proven itself. This is why we see so many sequels and remakes. It's also not just a movie thing but happens in TV, video games and other businesses.
Investors, not just Disney but all around, seem to be afraid to take risk anymore except in the technology field.

*I mean this on the whole, there are exceptions to this.

Last edited:

HakunaMatata89

Totally true just stinks

raymusiccity

Here's the deal. I'm not a big fan of Bob Iger, but I think he is a shroud business person. He knows to follow the money. That said, every project James Cameron has gotten personally involved with made tons of money for the studio that contracted for it. There is no exception to this rule. And we're not talking some money, enough money, or good money. We're talking obscene amounts of ridiculous money. And each project just doubles in the amount of money coming in, compared to the one before.

That's why Iger signed up for it. It is, however, sad that Iger couldn't find that kind of talent within his own company. His track record has been to go out and buy talent (Pixar, LucasFilm, Marvel, LightStorm) instead of incubating it from under his own roof.

There's always an exception to a rule. I don't think there's any demand for a follow up to James Cameron's 'Piranha Part II'.

:)

PeterAlt

There's always an exception to a rule. I don't think there's any demand for a follow up to James Cameron's 'Piranha Part II'.

:)
That wasn't Cameron's. He directed it but it wasn't his.

Every project he did, I hear people saying that it will fail and this would be his first exception. It's déjà vu all over again.

PeterAlt

I would add two items under EPCOT:

• Soaring Over the Horizon - Confirmed for SDL and because of persistent rumors that EPCOT's Soaring is due for a new film in 2015 along with a new digital projector system. Disney has a history of making more than one copy of any attraction at a time, essentially using the the "free" development tab to pay for the other.
  • "Mystery EPCOT project" - An Imagineer said on a Podcast not too long ago that he was working on a "mystery project" for EPCOT set to open on 2015. With no other details given, it's anyone's guess what it could be. Considering the last project this Imagineer worked on was Mystic Manor for HKDL, whatever he's working on could be big! It can't be the Soaring attraction, as mentioned above because that would be a SDL attraction getting cloned for Florida (or the SDL could be a clone of what he is working on for Florida). In any case, another persistent rumor is that something is being cooked up for the Imagination pavilion for 2015. I'd say this is a safe bet on what this "mystery project" is.

Fairybuzz

I would add two items under EPCOT:

• Soaring Over the Horizon - Confirmed for SDL and because of persistent rumors that EPCOT's Soaring is due for a new film in 2015 along with a new digital projector system. Disney has a history of making more than one copy of any attraction at a time, essentially using the the "free" development tab to pay for the other.
  • "Mystery EPCOT project" - An Imagineer said on a Podcast not too long ago that he was working on a "mystery project" for EPCOT set to open on 2015. With no other details given, it's anyone's guess what it could be. Considering the last project this Imagineer worked on was Mystic Manor for HKDL, whatever he's working on could be big! It can't be the Soaring attraction, as mentioned above because that would be a SDL attraction getting cloned for Florida (or the SDL could be a clone of what he is working on for Florida). In any case, another persistent rumor is that something is being cooked up for the Imagination pavilion for 2015. I'd say this is a safe bet on what this "mystery project" is.

I wanna just cut this off at the pass here for a moment and say In my opinion I don't think we should take this as "Mystic Manor is coming to EPCOT". In fact I think that its more likely this would be a unique attraction. If Figment is to go, It better be something REALLY good to make me forget about that. By really good I mean feel like the old epcot good.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Are there permits for these rides? Because if not, the Imagineering thread is a lttle further down....

I would like to add that some of the projects didn't have permits for those rides when they are adding at the beginning of this thread. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would like to add that some of the projects didn't have permits for those rides when they are adding at the beginning of this thread. :)
Perhaps, but this isn't the place for random speculation either. Plenty of other threads for that.

Edit: And that's why the posts got moved.

PeterAlt

I wanna just cut this off at the pass here for a moment and say In my opinion I don't think we should take this as "Mystic Manor is coming to EPCOT". In fact I think that its more likely this would be a unique attraction. If Figment is to go, It better be something REALLY good to make me forget about that. By really good I mean feel like the old epcot good.
I never suggested it would be Mystic Manner. All I said was that was the last project this Imagineer worked on. It can't be Mystic Manner any way, because HKDL has an exclusive contract on it for five years.

My guess is that it is a new ride or 3D movie (or both) for Imagination that may (or may not) include Figment, but Iger said Figment's not leaving...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom