Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I've updated the first page, but does anyone have any information on Impressions de France? Did that update happen?

NewfieFan

Actually the Fairies are in the Fairy Garden (Pixie Hollow) in Epcot and then they're supposed to be moving into the Adventureland Veranda after the Garden Festival ends.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Impressions de France is the attration that we did the most during our last trip to WDW. I have to say that it is our favorite in World Showcase, and perhaps in the Disney parks in general. I would love to see a re-cut of updated scenes, like the train station and the Paris skyline. But, that said, nothing else needs to be done. The music, the timing, the camera angles, etc, all of it is perfect the way it is. If any characters like Belle or that Pixar rat make their way into the movie, it will be a non-started for future trips to EPCOT. We simply won't go.

menamechris

As for everything else. Wow. They are really puttin all the eggs in one basket with the FLE, aren't they? I guess the other parks are perfect, huh?

El Grupo

As for everything else. Wow. They are really puttin all the eggs in one basket with the FLE, aren't they? I guess the other parks are perfect, huh?

I don't think it is so much about putting their eggs in one basket as focusing on the flagship park. However, it will be interesting to see how Disney progresses from here. The attendance figures for 2010 were telling. For the Florida theme parks...

1. Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, 16.92 million, -1.5%
2. Epcot, 10.83 million, -1.5%
3. Disney's Animal Kingdom, 9.69 million, +1.0%
4. Disney's Hollywood Studios, 9.60 million, -1.0%
5. Universal's Islands of Adventure, 5.95 million, +30.2%
6. Universal Studios Florida, 5.93 million, +6.1%
7. SeaWorld Orlando, 5.10 million, -12.1%
8. Busch Gardens Tampa, 4.20 million, +2.4%

Obviously, UIoA had tremendous growth due to WWoHP. Analysts mentioned that the bleed over benefitted USF. Makes me wonder if TDO is hoping for the same effect from FLE.

In something of a surprise, AK passed DHS in attendance last year. I think most would agree that all the parks need attention. I just wonder if Disney will train their sights on DHS next or across all three of the lesser visited parks?

boufa

I don't think it is so much about putting their eggs in one basket as focusing on the flagship park. However, it will be interesting to see how Disney progresses from here. The attendance figures for 2010 were telling. For the Florida theme parks...

Obviously, UIoA had tremendous growth due to WWoHP. Analysts mentioned that the bleed over benefitted USF. Makes me wonder if TDO is hoping for the same effect from FLE.

In something of a surprise, AK passed DHS in attendance last year. I think most would agree that all the parks need attention. I just wonder if Disney will train their sights on DHS next or across all three of the lesser visited parks?

They wont see anything near the 30% jump. In fact the slight drop could even be from people waiting for fle to be done. As long as Disney stays fresh they will be fine. So long as there is always something to counter the "been there done that" view, they will be fine.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
  • Elements from Tangled to appear in Fantasyland Expansion

This is in Red AND Blue in the first post.

Fixed. Thanks.

Have the TEA/ERA numbers come out yet? What's the source on this?

Edit: Nevermind - they were supposed to e-mail me when it's out.

Spike-in-Berlin

I still hope that a "Frontierland Expansion" is really only a fanbased rumor without any truth. There is nothing more unnecessary in the MK than a Frontierland-Expansion, it's the best working and most perfect of all the lands at the moment. Especially with a troubled Tomorrowland and an Adventureland where the biggest change in the last 15 Years or so will be the return of the beloved yet already existing Tiki Room and no major attraction has been added since the 70ies. I don't count those abysmal carpets as a major attraction, it's more a major nuisance!

aladdin2007

What`s happened? Most of the projects are frozen. Great, huh?

SSEs finale and Space Mountain medium-lite are really the only worthy items of note that are still full green. A few more are continuing prep and research at a snails pace with an aim to ramp up when they are allowed. I dare say sadly one or two may never happen.

Martin is there still any hope to SSE finale or is that off the radar now all together?

As for the tangled elements coming to Fantasyland here was a great opportunuty for a Tangled dark ride in the Snow Whites space, but no a perfect ride space is being used for meetngreets. :brick:

Kirk88

Why not a traditional FLand dark ride for Tangled?

It worked for Snow White and Peter Pan lol

How 'bout a ToT style ride where you drop out of the tower from Rapunzel's hair! LOL :ROFLOL:

Honestly, I can see Tangled and even Princess and the Frog having a stronger showing in the park. The Princess stuff is just waaaay too popular with the girls. That being said (and I understand the legal stuff that's stopping it right now), Disney said they purchased Marvel so they would have something more appealing for boys. How much longer until they can capitalize on this (as far as the parks go). The Marvel presence at WDW is in the gift shops (I can buy the same stuff at Target). Also, why not go a step further than a meet and greet with Phineas & Ferb and give them an attraction @ HS. The possibilities for that ride are almost endless!

I am looking forward to the FLE getting finished and can't wait to see what they have in store next for MK. I agree, Adventureland & Tomorrowland are in need of some addtions/refurbs.

Bender!

I am looking forward to the FLE getting finished and can't wait to see what they have in store next for MK. I agree, Adventureland & Tomorrowland are in need of some addtions/refurbs.

I can't even remember the last time I went to Adventureland for anything other than to ride Pirates. It needs some new attractions.

FigmentJedi

Jafar's voice actor accidentally let it slip that a villain attraction is in the works.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2011-07-06/arts/villainy-for-the-long-haul/

In fact, during a phone interview between Seattle rehearsals for the much-anticipated new Aladdin stage adaptation, Freeman accidentally lets something slip about an unannounced battle-your-favorite-baddies Disney park attraction in which the venal Vizier would appear. But he quickly catches himself and summarizes his situation another way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom