Upcoming/Rumored Projects

TP2000

I wouldn't be shocked to see something like the meet and greet they have over in Disneyland.

That would be a smart move.

The much grander and more elaborate (Read: more expensive) Tangled meet n' greet at Disneyland has been wildly popular. They have to set up switchbacks of queue in front of Pinocchio's Daring Journey and around the tower to get in to the Tangled cottage. It's very popular.

_Scar

The movie deserves a Fantasyland ride.... feels strange having WDC being interested in expanding on the movie in the parks right after release haha

Hopefully this means Rapunzel has a bright future at the resorts!

IDK how I feel about the Tower.... since Rapunzel's tower is remote and..... a prison. But whatever it takes I guess. :D

cheezbat

I enjoyed Tangled...and think an attraction like a dark ride would be a very welcome addition. If Snow Whites Scary Adventures is getting the axe, might as well replace it with another dark ride!

NoChesterHester

I could be bribed with a Tangled ride where Pixie Hollow once was... How about a flume ride based on the mine area escape from the film...

Oh dreams... I had a dream once...

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Some small changes/additions made to the front page

Magic Kingdom
Additional themed snack carts to arrive at Fantasyland Expansion as a preview based on planned "sections". Next cart is expected to be themed around The Little Mermaid

Hollywood Studios
Block Party Bash to be replaced by new Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade on January 16th (Updated w/date)

ddbowdoin

Why not a traditional FLand dark ride for Tangled?

It worked for Snow White and Peter Pan lol

maybe because movies like Tangled will never have the classic appeal of the older, animated films that relied on classic storytelling and not cheesy antics like in this film... :shrug:

_Scar

maybe because movies like Tangled will never have the classic appeal of the older, animated films that relied on classic storytelling and not cheesy antics like in this film... :shrug:

Have you seen it yet? It's one of WDAS best. Up there with Beauty and the Beast imo, and the critics love it too if you don't want to take my word for it.

And when Peter Pan got its dark ride it was only a few years old.

Annnd... every movie has cheesy antics that don't necesarily NEED to be in the film- like what you see in the trailer with the cheesy Pink song. Dopey from Snow White, Tink from Peter Pan, Pascal from Tangled, Scuzzle from The Little Mermaid, Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King, and Abu from Aladdin all agree.... to name a few.

Snow White and Peter Pan are vastly different stories told in vastly different ways, so I don't see how they can even be in the same category of storytelling lol

ddbowdoin

Have you seen it yet? It's one of WDAS best. Up there with Beauty and the Beast imo, and the critics love it too if you don't want to take my word for it.

Snow White and Peter Pan are vastly different stories told in vastly different ways, so I don't see how they can even be in the same category of storytelling lol

:lookaroun WHAAAAAAT?

Yes I saw it, I walked out thinking hmmmm a myriad of cheesy lines, some very "shrekian" characters

How can you put Tangled in the same sentence as Beauty and the Beast. Give me something handdrawn! Pixar has their own look and style, and I like that... but this movie felt like a dreamworks mess from the start.

_Scar

Yes I saw it, I walked out thinking hmmmm a myriad of cheesy lines, some very "shrekian" characters

How can you put Tangled in the same sentence as Beauty and the Beast. Give me something handdrawn! Pixar has their own look and style, and I like that... but this movie felt like a dreamworks mess from the start.

You're entitled to your opinion. :shrug:

Unfortuneately I cannot officially say you're in the minority on this, but from all the reviews I've read.... I think you are in that category. I've read very few negative reviews on this movie so far.

I don't really know what was Shrek about it at all or what that term means? But it followed closely to the formula used in other classic Disney films with its own unique blend of songs, characters, and story. I thought it was a 90's movie wrapped in 3d animation- the first decent WDAS 3d film imo.

you are the only person I have heard that doesn't like Tangled. I really enjoyed it. From the commercials I thought it was going to be really bad and like you said kinda like shrek. But I was happily surprised when I saw the film. I would put it up there with Beauty and the Beast too.

_Scar

you are the only person I have heard that doesn't like Tangled. I really enjoyed it. From the commercials I thought it was going to be really bad and like you said kinda like shrek. But I was happily surprised when I saw the film. I would put it up there with Beauty and the Beast too.

:)

New WDAS revival in effect.

mm52200

Some small changes/additions made to the front page

Magic Kingdom
Additional themed snack carts to arrive at Fantasyland Expansion as a preview based on planned "sections". Next cart is expected to be themed around The Little Mermaid

Hollywood Studios
Block Party Bash to be replaced by new Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade on January 16th (Updated w/date)

So does anyone have any real concrete details on Countdown to Fun since we're less than a week away? Can we expect any new floats from DCA or should we just expect to see the BPB floats?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

I also wasn't a big fan of Tangled, but admittedly I was really turned off by the advertising for it, and watched the movie with those ads in mind.

I've also added the following to the General Walt Disney World section of the first post:

Oswald the Rabbit to appear in parks

lebeau

I told me wife it was on par with BatB (one of my favorites) - the catchy tunes. I think it was highly entertaining but fell short of being a classic based on the music.

zooey

Annnd... every movie has cheesy antics that don't necesarily NEED to be in the film- like what you see in the trailer with the cheesy Pink song. Dopey from Snow White, Tink from Peter Pan, Pascal from Tangled, Scuzzle from The Little Mermaid, Timon and Pumbaa from The Lion King, and Abu from Aladdin all agree.... to name a few.

I'm with you on this one.
I absolutely loved this film, and I think it is worthy of being mentioned along with the other princess films of the Disney renaissance era. I love the music and the art direction, as well as the story. You know a film is good when you often think about it long after the experience of seeing it. I've only seen it once, and I still think of specific moments that I thought were effective and particularly well done. I also have the soundtrack and listen to that every now and then, as I thought Menken's score, while not as wide in scope as some of the other films he's done with Disney, still had all his trademark tropes that made them unique and enjoyable with each new listen.
I think Tangled could use an attraction or at least have a presence of some sort. While a dark ride probably won't happen, I think her tower could be an ancillary structure in the FLE.
As for it being like Dreamworks, the actual film is way off from that. My guess is that anyone who thinks that was influenced (unfortunately) by Disney's shift on the marketing for the film.
-zoo

yeti

I told me wife it was on par with BatB (one of my favorites) - the catchy tunes. I think it was highly entertaining but fell short of being a classic based on the music.

Exactly. The songs in Tangled were terrific; the songs from the fab four of the Renaissance were PERFECT. As close as "I've Got a Dream" came to capture it, I can't imagine people singing "When Will My Life Begin" or "I See the Light" on karaoke nights ten years from now. They weren't chart-toppers and there's a reason for that. When they bring back that perfect, Howard Ashman-esque panache to their lyrics to keep toes tapping for generations, they'll strike gold.

Nevertheless, a great leap forward from Princess and the Frog, on all fronts. One of the year's best.

ddbowdoin

I also wasn't a big fan of Tangled, but admittedly I was really turned off by the advertising for it, and watched the movie with those ads in mind.

I've also added the following to the General Walt Disney World section of the first post:

Oswald the Rabbit to appear in parks

I live in West Roxbury... going to work SUCKED today. The commute was a breeze though, my Wrangler buried through everything... just sucked working knowing that every other person was home watching TV

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I live in West Roxbury... going to work SUCKED today. The commute was a breeze though, my Wrangler buried through everything... just sucked working knowing that every other person was home watching TV

Thankfully I work 5 minutes away so it wasn't too bad for me.

Skipper03

Tangled was a great movie, not on par with BatB... but while in theaters BatB was getting the same reviews Tangled is getting now... so time will tell. I thought it was funny that I enjoyed Tangled better than PatF, but PatF had far better music in it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom