Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
We all have a fascination with ancient Greece, but modern Greece is an utter mess. I think we crave Greek mythology as a pavillion way more than the country being represented in Epcot.
I would think that components of this would have been present in Beastly Kingdom. It's why one of my suggestions for a direction for the Animal Kingdom would be to build Europe with the focus on mythical animals. Apparently that's not an option though because of Potter.

Scuttle

I would think that components of this would have been present in Beastly Kingdom. It's why one of my suggestions for a direction for the Animal Kingdom would be to build Europe with the focus on mythical animals. Apparently that's not an option though because of Potter.

Ya and you can forget about Antartica now, so we really only have 2 options now. I would love to see South America. There is just unlimited potential with the Amazon, the Nazca lines in Peru, the Andes mountains and Inca empire. Plus plenty of mythical creatures from South American culture. My favorite being the Pombero.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Ya and you can forget about Antartica now, so we really only have 2 options now. I would love to see South America. There is just unlimited potential with the Amazon, the Nazca lines in Peru, the Andes mountains and Inca empire. Plus plenty of mythical creatures from South American culture. My favorite being the Pombero.
Chupacabre?

bdearl41

1) for Brazil: i guess i could look at it that way, my original (and totally stereotypical) thought process was "why? they have Mexico, they don't need Brazil!" but then it just became more of a "why Brazil, when they have more countries with Disney representatives like Hercules in Greece, so on.

WOW!!! How ignorant are you. Brazil and Mexico are absolutely nothing alike. They dont even speak the same language, have completely different cultures, heritage, geographies, etc.... the list goes on and on. Also they are the fourth largest country in the world. They should absolutely be included.

Another country which would be great would be India, with a Taj Mahal! That would be fantastic. Great food and the opportunity for numerous rides, and a great place for the Jungle Book characters to be!

J03Y

WOW!!! How ignorant are you. Brazil and Mexico are absolutely nothing alike. They dont even speak the same language, have completely different cultures, heritage, geographies, etc.... the list goes on and on. Also they are the fourth largest country in the world. They should absolutely be included.

don't even, they both speak Spanish, just different ways of speaking it. it's still the same language. i'm Hispanic and i'm telling you this.

anyways, i admitted it, and i got over it. you're right it was culturally incorrect and rude of me to say. if you want a formal apology, then i'm sorry. but i still admitted i was wrong, so calm down please.

besides i don't mean to be rude again, but there really isn't anything that special in Brazil... i mean maybe the food is different, but overall i don't think it'd be providing anything new to WS.

and to comment on your India idea, that's actually pretty good. i'd like India, but a counterargument (and very biased imo, but it's still something someone would say) is that "they have Morocco, they don't India". the cultures are very, very different and geographies are very far a part, but i'm just giving you the heads up.

J03Y

So Portuguese and Spanish are the same language now!? I should go change my resume!

Portuguese is a similar dialect, but it's classified as a different language. but i assumed Brazil was mostly Spanish speakers. i know it has a big population of Portuguese speakers.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
don't even, they both speak Spanish, just different ways of speaking it. it's still the same language. i'm Hispanic and i'm telling you this.

anyways, i admitted it, and i got over it. you're right it was culturally incorrect and rude of me to say. if you want a formal apology, then i'm sorry. but i still admitted i was wrong, so calm down please.

besides i don't mean to be rude again, but there really isn't anything that special in Brazil... i mean maybe the food is different, but overall i don't think it'd be providing anything new to WS.

and to comment on your India idea, that's actually pretty good. i'd like India, but a counterargument (and very biased imo, but it's still something someone would say) is that "they have Morocco, they don't India". the cultures are very, very different and geographies are very far a part, but i'm just giving you the heads up.

Um, they speak Portuguese in Brazil

--edit, looks like I was not the first to point this out

Cosmic Commando

Portuguese and Spanish are both romance languages, so they are relatively similar. They are NOT the same, though. If you speak Spanish, you might pick out a few words of Italian, because they are also both romance languages, but it doesn't mean you speak Italian!

Feels strange that we're having a conversation where I felt that actually needed to be spelled out.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

Taking away all the other inaccuracies in this post that have been covered already (languages, and the fact that even if they did speak the same language it would somehow make them the same --hello UK and USA you English speaking countries) I want to highlight this (bolded).
Just off the top of my head:
Rio De Janeiro (The favelas, christ the redeemer, the beaches, etc)
Foz do Iguaçu
The Amazon River and Rainforest

Nothing special. Just like Mexico. Move along, nothing to see here...

bubbles1812

Rio, Reclife, Mangue Seco, Carnaval .... yeah nothing to see here. Seriously, how ignorant can you be? :rolleyes:

I was about to mention Carnaval! But you beat me to it! And the Amazon? Amazing! The rainforest is spectacular. Has so many things unique and special to it...just like really all countries do. I don't think there is a "boring" country on this planet, if people would only take a closer look. Unfortunately, many don't. :(

And yeah, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Romanian, Catalan and others are all romance languages...derived from the same origin (Latin) but none are just "dialects" of each other. All are distinct languages. If you know one, you might pick up a few words here and there but they definitely aren't the same. Both Portuguese and Spanish are beautiful.

Patricia Melton

I have looked for this thread but have not seen an answer to this question so can someone please help me?

Every now and again I see someone make a reference to "Brazilian Tour Groups" and problems they cause at WDW. The gist of what I have seen is that people say these groups shoplift and pickpocket in the parks.

Is this true?

If so, why does Disney allow them to come do this?

Can someone explain what people mean when they refer negatively to "Brazilian Tour Groups"? The way I have seen this used is in sentences where someone will say, "Those people are behaving like a Brazilian Tour Group" or "That shop was such a mess it looked like a Brazilian Tour Group had been in there".

Does anyone know the history of when "Brazilian Tour Group" became a known negative at WDW? I don't see this referred to at DLR at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom