Upcoming/Rumored Projects

lmg

IMG --

If you are from Brazil, can you please explain the chanting?

Why do the kids from Brazil do that? Is it something you do all the time in Brazil? Or is it just something young people from Brazil do when they are on a trip?

Can you tell me anything about why these kids are making so much noise when out on a trip?

Is being loud and chanting in public like this just part of life in Brazil?

What do Brazilians think when they see other people being quiet?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I would really like to understand why this phenomenon is happening.

That's funny! hahahaha

1) No, it's not common at all to see groups making noise in public. Other people will really hate it just like in other countries. Even in brazilian theme parks it's not very common, but it happens sometimes for the same reason it happens in Disney.

2) The reason I think it happens: big groups of teenagers! It's common on the upper classes to send teens to Orlando through travel agencies. Sometimes everyone on the groups is from the same school, sometimes all of them are friends, and a lot of teens together are going to make noise everywhere. Maybe brazilian groups are stereotyped because they are the majority.

All the latest times I've been to Orlando was in December, and I've never seen "chanting groups", probably because there aren't group trips in this month.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I remember a nice quiet day at Universal, unsuspecting of the thousands of middle schoolers about to descend on the park. One trip through the Mummy was relaxing and a 5 min wait. Then we got behind a bunch of kids screaming, chanting, singing, you name it(all American). I think it's common of large groups, but perhaps MORE common among Brazillians since they are just so darn happy to be at WDW.

I always feel bad for people in the ferry queue when they come. I usually take refuge at the transportation booth until my boat comes. I'd rather answer "how do I get to DTD" 50 million times than listen to 600 chanting teens. They usually calm down once on the boat, but if they don't it certainly annoys everyone. I just try to get into the pilot house as soon as I can and crank that Disney Music :)

Patricia Melton

That's funny! hahahaha

1) No, it's not common at all to see groups making noise in public. Other people will really hate it just like in other countries. Even in brazilian theme parks it's not very common, but it happens sometimes for the same reason it happens in Disney.

2) The reason I think it happens: big groups of teenagers! It's common on the upper classes to send teens to Orlando through travel agencies. Sometimes everyone on the groups is from the same school, sometimes all of them are friends, and a lot of teens together are going to make noise everywhere. Maybe brazilian groups are stereotyped because they are the majority.

All the latest times I've been to Orlando was in December, and I've never seen "chanting groups", probably because there aren't group trips in this month.

This is very interesting and helpful.

Can you give us any idea of what these groups of kids are chanting?

Are they school songs or cheers that are common in Brazil? Are they chanting lyrics to popular songs?

I'm curious how the kids all know the words to the chants...or is like at a political rally where someone will start a simple, repetitive chant and the group just naturally picks it up?

Patricia Melton

I remember a nice quiet day at Universal, unsuspecting of the thousands of middle schoolers about to descend on the park. One trip through the Mummy was relaxing and a 5 min wait. Then we got behind a bunch of kids screaming, chanting, singing, you name it(all American). I think it's common of large groups, but perhaps MORE common among Brazillians since they are just so darn happy to be at WDW.

I always feel bad for people in the ferry queue when they come. I usually take refuge at the transportation booth until my boat comes. I'd rather answer "how do I get to DTD" 50 million times than listen to 600 chanting teens. They usually calm down once on the boat, but if they don't it certainly annoys everyone. I just try to get into the pilot house as soon as I can and crank that Disney Music :)

What are the American kids chanting?

I'm fascinated by this phenomenon because I have yet to experience it. They must not be in the parks when my family goes to Orlando.

If you hear American kids doing it, I assume it's in English and you can understand what they are saying.

I'd love to know what these chants entail.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
What are the American kids chanting?

I'm fascinated by this phenomenon because I have yet to experience it. They must not be in the parks when my family goes to Orlando.

If you hear American kids doing it, I assume it's in English and you can understand what they are saying.

I'd love to know what these chants entail.

The one in the queue for the Mummy was the typical college chant, one of those songs that get sung at football games. I don't actually know the name of it.

In the ferry queue it was Brazillians so I have no idea.

scpergj

I've been there during cheerleader week. They like to practice in the queues. It's not just Brazilians.

At least with American cheerleaders I can start my chant (and yes..I've done this, much to the chagrin of my children) "You're annoying...you are annoying. You're annoying, you are annoying...". They didn't like that very much...but it doesn't work with the bazillions of Brazillians!

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Trying to bring this back to rumors, I believe it was in this thread (although I can't find it) where someone specifically asked me about tracking much smaller things as rumors. Here's one for you guys:
A new restroom coming to the American Adventure on the Japan side of the pavilion.

Tom

Beta Return
Trying to bring this back to rumors, I believe it was in this thread (although I can't find it) where someone specifically asked me about tracking much smaller things as rumors. Here's one for you guys:
A new restroom coming to the American Adventure on the Japan side of the pavilion.

Wooooo! More potties in WS.

bubbles1812

I am so relieved that they are getting more restrooms.:D

Sorry, couldn't resist... ;)

dxwwf3

No, they really don't.
I love it when young people get excited about things they never experienced...

I think they kinda do on this one. It won't ever happen, but they should use the entire Imagination property (including Magic Eye Theater) and turn it into a re-imagining (pun intended) of the original attraction, except done better and on a larger scale. Seems like the perfect attraction to introduce the trackless ride system of Mystic Manor and Pooh to the USA.

The reason I say that this might be a case where someone like Dreamfinder might need to be brought back is that the excitement over the reunion of two of the most beloved characters in theme park history would be a huge boost for Epcot.

But it will never happen, so it doesn't matter.

Lee

Adventurer
The reason I say that this might be a case where someone like Dreamfinder might need to be brought back is that the excitement over the reunion of two of the most beloved characters in theme park history would be a huge boost for Epcot.
Nah...I don't think it would move the needle at Epcot a bit after the initial hardcore fan rush.
The general public, and many fans, don't care about Dreamfinder as a character. They just want a high-quality attraction, which the current version is not.
I did experience it. I don't mean to start a debate, I just think they should bring the original ride back. I REALLY miss Dreamfinder. :(
Really?
So when your profile says you are 14yrs old...and Dreamfinder left 14 years ago...

cheezbat

The two most beloved theme park characters? Um...ever heard of Mickey Mouse? ;)

Sorry but they aren't THAT beloved. If they were there would have been a MUCH larger backlash on the removal of the characters when it happened. I experienced the original Imagination, and while I agree it was way better than what it is now, I just don't see this as being the solution to the pavilions problems. (I always found Dreamfinder to be kind of creepy as a kid! Lol)

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

But it will never happen, so it doesn't matter.
The two most beloved theme park characters? Um...ever heard of Mickey Mouse? ;)

Sorry but they aren't THAT beloved. If they were there would have been a MUCH larger backlash on the removal of the characters when it happened. I experienced the original Imagination, and while I agree it was way better than what it is now, I just don't see this as being the solution to the pavilions problems. (I always found Dreamfinder to be kind of creepy as a kid! Lol)
Reading Comprehension is hard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom