Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Exprcoofto

Better yet, replace Bus Driver with Cast Member. Expansion information is on a need to know basis and 99% of hourly cast members don't need to know and therefore, don't know, until the information has already had an official press release.

The leak of the blueprints last summer was a very strange occurrence that doesn't normally happen but I can assure you if you hear ANYTHING from a cast member that is front line that hasn't been substantiated anywhere else, it is very likely not true.

Not always the case though. I met a nice WDWCP TL CM while SM was down. They insisted that TTAs narration was changing. No believed me (especially when it opened w/o a narration change) but I insisted she would be right... And now look at TTA.

EPCOT Explorer

Not always the case though. I met a nice WDWCP TL CM while SM was down. They insisted that TTAs narration was changing. No believed me (especially when it opened w/o a narration change) but I insisted she would be right... And now look at TTA.

Of all the things to have right...:brick::lol:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I've updated the first page with Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest and Exposition Hall information.

voodoo321

Only legit thing I've ever overheard: In 1990 I was walking through Communicore and got behind a couple of "suits" that were discussing plans for an "Epcot" Zoo. That's what they called it. I don't know when AK was announced but I remember not being surprised by it.

NewfieFan

Muppet Mobile Lab and Electric Mayhem Band Living Character Initiative appearances

Did I miss this!?! Is this the Muppet Mobile Lab that was tested in Epcot for a brief period and then sent else where? If so, that is awesome! Never saw it in person but it looked very cool in the videos I saw of it!

And what is Electric Mayhem Band?

Next Big Thing

Did I miss this!?! Is this the Muppet Mobile Lab that was tested in Epcot for a brief period and then sent else where? If so, that is awesome! Never saw it in person but it looked very cool in the videos I saw of it!

I'm pretty sure it was announced at the D23 Expo

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Yes, all these muppets announcements were D23 announcements. I've gone back and switched the Yeti rumor back to Red.

Bork Bork

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem! They rock!

picture.php

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Ricky Brigante stated in this week's episode of Inside the Magic that there is a new monorail in the works made up of the more heavily damaged pieces of the monorails that were involved in the accident last summer. The new monorail will be Monorail Maroon - he did clarify that this is rumor at this point, but it does seem perfectly legitimate.

I have also added the addition/removal of a world showcase pavilion as a blue sky rumor at this point. I'm thinking this is basically just survey work and nothing is really in the pipeline, but I'll keep it on there for the time being.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have also added the addition/removal of a world showcase pavilion as a blue sky rumor at this point. I'm thinking this is basically just survey work and nothing is really in the pipeline, but I'll keep it on there for the time being.

April fools joke more-like.

Exprcoofto

Ricky Brigante stated in this week's episode of Inside the Magic that there is a new monorail in the works made up of the more heavily damaged pieces of the monorails that were involved in the accident last summer. The new monorail will be Monorail Maroon - he did clarify that this is rumor at this point, but it does seem perfectly legitimate.

Guarentee you Monorail "Maroon" will be another Monorail Red.

Can't they chose a more distinct color?

How about some nice NEW monorails instead of trying to scrounge up some old pieces & lame colors? :shrug:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
How about some nice NEW monorails instead of trying to scrounge up some old pieces & lame colors? :shrug:

What would a new fleet cost? $10 million a monorail? $20 million a monorail? As nice as it would be, I don't see it happening any time soon.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Updated to include Studios info from Mouseplanet/JT and Luxo information.

Question - do people want me to include things like the Peter Pan exterior refurbishment when it's really just a touching up? I did include the re-thatching of Kilimanjaro Safaris queue so I'm not quite sure where I should draw the line on relevance/importance.

Master Gracey 5

I'd say leave out general upkeep/refurb of exteriors like Peter Pan. Major changes like Pooh in a forest theme should be included.

Thanks again for keeping up with this list.

glee

Happy with most of them except the blue ones :)

Sad that they are getting rid of minnie and mickeys house. Does anyone know when or if they already have closed!???:confused:

NewfieFan

I'd say leave out general upkeep/refurb of exteriors like Peter Pan. Major changes like Pooh in a forest theme should be included.

Thanks again for keeping up with this list.

I guess it would depend on the extent of the refurb!?! Mrs. Potts came out of refurb with a completely different look... so that I would include!

Yes, thanks for the list!

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
On this week's episode of the Magical Definition Podcast, Jim Hill gave out several pieces of useful information about the Marvel characters.

First and foremost, he explained that every Marvel entity used at Islands of Adventure has a separate contract. This means that The Hulk has a separate contract for use of the name for the ride, images in the queue, as well as the walk around character.

This is important in the event that something falls into disrepair, they can terminate a contract but not all of them. Apparently, Disney was considering hiring someone whose job it would be to go over to Islands of Adventure every day, and keep track of how the characters are being used - whether all the effects were working on the attractions, how the merchandise is positioned in the shops, etc. Apparently they have backed off of this, but will still probably send over someone on a monthly basis (if not more often).

He continued with something that many on here were already aware of - the use of Marvel in Shanghai. Because they want to have new attractions in Shanghai Disneyland from the start, Imagineers have been designing attractions for a Marvel land for Shanghai Disneyland instead of Tomorrowland. Jim Hill admitted that he didn't know what the contracts for the Osaka, Japan Universal Studios usage of the Marvel Characters meant from an exclusivity stand point, but it would be assumed that if they were developing a whole Marvel land that they would have the rights to the major characters.

Having said that, he also admitted that it is entirely possible that this land could exist without the likes of Spiderman, The Hulk, Storm, etc. Evidently, Disney has latched onto Ant Man - who according to a classic SNL superheros sketch has the awesome power of, "Strength of an Ant".

Finally, he explained that Disney's reaction to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter wasn't going to be just Fantasyland Forest, but rather a Marvel attraction that would use the characters they still had the rights to use in Central Florida. He also mentioned that this is one of the E-Tickets being considered for Disneyland. He had no real details on the nature of this attraction, or even what park would house it. I'll consider this blue sky at this point, and based on logic would assume Hollywood Studios as the likeliest destination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom