Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Master Gracey 5

DHS Expansion

First post since I wanted to get some other opinions on this rumor.

I visited in early November and was was on the bus alone with the driver the very first day there headed to DHS. I started chatting with him about the Fantasyland Expansion and he mentioned that after that was done there were plans to expand DHS.

I didn't get details on attractions, but have to place some stock in what he said because of the details he gave. He mentioned that they are taking out the current resort bus stops and handicapped parking and moving the entrance forward. Buses during construction would be coming in the back side instead of by the Boardwalk entrance. The tickets and turnstyles would move forward to where the bus stops are now and everything to the left would be filled in with new attractions.

As I said, no details but he seemed to be giving me general information. Given the placement of DHS and being hemmed in by roads on all sides, it makes sense that the only place to expand is into the current parking areas. It was a while ago, but I recall him mentioning 2015 as a date.

My guess would be that any additions would be separate from current rumors of a Monster's Inc Coaster or any California attractions so that it would fit in with the Hollywood theme in that corner of the park.

Thoughts?

DocMcHulk

First post since I wanted to get some other opinions on this rumor.

I visited in early November and was was on the bus alone with the driver the very first day there headed to DHS. I started chatting with him about the Fantasyland Expansion and he mentioned that after that was done there were plans to expand DHS.

I didn't get details on attractions, but have to place some stock in what he said because of the details he gave. He mentioned that they are taking out the current resort bus stops and handicapped parking and moving the entrance forward. Buses during construction would be coming in the back side instead of by the Boardwalk entrance. The tickets and turnstyles would move forward to where the bus stops are now and everything to the left would be filled in with new attractions.

As I said, no details but he seemed to be giving me general information. Given the placement of DHS and being hemmed in by roads on all sides, it makes sense that the only place to expand is into the current parking areas. It was a while ago, but I recall him mentioning 2015 as a date.

My guess would be that any additions would be separate from current rumors of a Monster's Inc Coaster or any California attractions so that it would fit in with the Hollywood theme in that corner of the park.

Thoughts?
Welcome to the forums.
Here is rule number one: Never... ever... trust what a bus driver or monorail driver tells you.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I actually vaguely remember murmurs about changing around the entrance to Hollywood Studios a while ago. I don't know how true it was, but until I hear more solid info on it, I'm assuming it's false.

Having said that, I don't doubt that Hollywood Studios is due for additional expansion in the near future. I was considering the set up of the 4 parks, and I got to thinking that the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are seemingly driven by attractions from a conceptual standpoint. This works better for Magic Kingdom, simply because it has a larger attraction lineup. Hollywood Studios is lacking in the attraction lineup, and is in need of many smaller things.

Compare these two parks to Epcot and Animal Kingdom where much time can be spent on "experiences" things like taking in the environment, roaming through the animal enclosures at the Animal Kingdom or World Showcase at Epcot. The parks are driven less by attractions, and more by their environment. That's not to say that the attraction lineups in Epcot and AK aren't important, they are just less important than MK and DHS.

EPCOT Explorer

Are we sure we are not confusing the DCA Entrance change to look like DHS?

DCAexp091.jpg

Master Gracey 5

"Here is rule number one: Never... ever... trust what a bus driver or monorail driver tells you"

Sound advice. :)

All the same I can't help but be excited about it since DHS/MGM has been my favorite since I was little. As RSoxNo1 points out DHS is a ride/show driven park and the updated rumor list is heavy on DHS rumors, so I don't see this as that far fetched.

That said, the time frame that was mentioned means that anything is possible. I'm guessing its more likely if the Fantasyland Expansion shows that this kind of investment is worthwhile - something we all know is true!

BigThunderMatt

"Here is rule number one: Never... ever... trust what a bus driver or monorail driver tells you"

Sound advice. :)

Better yet, replace Bus Driver with Cast Member. Expansion information is on a need to know basis and 99% of hourly cast members don't need to know and therefore, don't know, until the information has already had an official press release.

The leak of the blueprints last summer was a very strange occurrence that doesn't normally happen but I can assure you if you hear ANYTHING from a cast member that is front line that hasn't been substantiated anywhere else, it is very likely not true.

IWant2GoNow

Better yet, replace Bus Driver with Cast Member. Expansion information is on a need to know basis and 99% of hourly cast members don't need to know and therefore, don't know, until the information has already had an official press release.

The leak of the blueprints last summer was a very strange occurrence that doesn't normally happen but I can assure you if you hear ANYTHING from a cast member that is front line that hasn't been substantiated anywhere else, it is very likely not true.

Yea, I remember back in 2006 I went with a group of friends and a Cast Member made mention of them building a 5th Villain themed park with thrill rides. :rolleyes: Needless to say I was naive at the time and got my hopes up that this was happening and would be open in 3-4 years like she said. I died a little inside once I found out the rumor had been going around for about 10 years and was only a rumor. Still wishing that it happens but I know it won't. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom