Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Pete C

Have you seen the construction photos that have been leaked? Considering how close to completion this ride is, it looks to me like a bunch of concave screens surrounding a track. Which says to me they're not even attempting to theme anything in the ride itself, they're relying entirely on the film to tell the story, making it little more than glorified simulator or a variation on Spider-Man.

Can you please link to this? Considering I read pretty much every theme park rumor site daily I am shocked I missed this.

_Scar

Have you seen the construction photos that have been leaked? Considering how close to completion this ride is, it looks to me like a bunch of concave screens surrounding a track. Which says to me they're not even attempting to theme anything in the ride itself, they're relying entirely on the film to tell the story, making it little more than glorified simulator or a variation on Spider-Man.

Actually, from what we have seen from many pictures, the ride does not focus on screens like Spidey. And we have virtually NO IDEA how the ride will turn out. Construction is going on full force inside the show building and it is very hush hush. I wouldn't generalize they are using Spidey's ride system, which is so far from the truth, just because it's in the park. And they aren't relying on the film. Wanna know why? Many of the themeing and little knick knacks are from the book that only the readers will recognize. And this is no where near a simulator because you are actually on a track really moving. Nothing is simulated. This ride will be nothing like Spiderman. I don't know why you're being so ignorant to the facts.

Speaking of which, while I agree with the sentiment that Spider-Man is a fantastic ride, I hesitate to say it's the best ride out there. They've maintained the effects on it very poorly (as they have with most of the attractions at IOA) and I haven't ridden it in the last 3 years without something not working. And not something little either. I've ridden through it at times when half the screens weren't projecting correctly or the audio wasn't working in the vehicles.

Maybe not in your opinion it isn't the best ride... but it's achievements speak for themselves. It is the best ride on paper. The effects, along with brand new effects HAVE been maintained. I can confirm, I rode it opening year, the effects from August were plussed effects from the opening year and then some effects. All very, very well maintained. And so are the other IoA attractions from my first hand experiences.

To say that Disney has never topped it isn't necessarily true. I consider Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Journey to the Center of the Earth to both outdo Spider-Man (and yes I've ridden them both). While this may not count to many of the Disney visitors on this site or in general, it certainly is fact that Spider-Man hasn't been top dog in a while.

Spiderman is still the best ride on paper and that's what matters. Everyone's opinions are different, but not on paper. Pooh's Hunny Hunt may be a great ride, but it doesn't combine all the kinds of ride systems that Spiderman does.

EPCOT Explorer

Speaking of which, while I agree with the sentiment that Spider-Man is a fantastic ride, I hesitate to say it's the best ride out there. They've maintained the effects on it very poorly (as they have with most of the attractions at IOA) and I haven't ridden it in the last 3 years without something not working. And not something little either. I've ridden through it at times when half the screens weren't projecting correctly or the audio wasn't working in the vehicles.

To say that Disney has never topped it isn't necessarily true. I consider Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Journey to the Center of the Earth to both outdo Spider-Man (and yes I've ridden them both). While this may not count to many of the Disney visitors on this site or in general, it certainly is fact that Spider-Man hasn't been top dog in a while.

The only flaw I could see in your argument is the fact that those rides are not HERE. Spidey might not be top dog, world wide, but in America, he is. For WDW, that's a problem. For the rest of WDC, it's not, they have it covered.

_Scar

The only flaw I could see in your argument is the fact that those rides are not HERE. Spidey might not be top dog, world wide, but in America, he is. For WDW, that's a problem. For the rest of WDC, it's not, they have it covered.

Well, not necesarily.

There is a Spiderman clone in Universal Studios Japan that's a clone.

EpcotServo

LINK or it doesn't count!

(...Even though...I do think Harry Potter has been significantly over hyped too.)

Lee

Adventurer
Considering how close to completion this ride is, it looks to me like a bunch of concave screens surrounding a track. Which says to me they're not even attempting to theme anything in the ride itself, they're relying entirely on the film to tell the story, making it little more than glorified simulator or a variation on Spider-Man.
From what I hear, that is not the case at all.
We need Whyalightbulb to step in and give us the inside scoop...:D

WDW1974

From what I hear, that is not the case at all.
We need Whyalightbulb to step in and give us the inside scoop...:D

It's not the case.

And I'd bet Mr. Bulb is very busy these days as I hear they are really pushing to get things done in Potter Land!:xmas:

_Scar

It's not the case.

And I'd bet Mr. Bulb is very busy these days as I hear they are really pushing to get things done in Potter Land!:xmas:

They are.

Why is everything kept so secretive inside the show room! I'm all antsy to see the ride vehicle and a scene or two... :lookaroun:slurp:

EPCOT Explorer

@WDW1974, so it was Jay, Meg, and the gang that tried to move the Fantasyland Expansion project forward?
Heh. Doubt it was Jay....I'm thinking higher up than him.

Certain people like to call him the Sheriff.
It's not the case.

Yeah, he has not been around for a while.

she does nothing

:ROFLOL::sohappy:

THAT! ^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom