Unusual Disney Fact

go mass!!! all its done for like the past week is rain here in mass. reading disney triva books, working, and reading these websites is what i do.

so here is some more fun facts!

-the left side of space mountain is called alpha and is ten feet longer than the right side, omga.
-in the mosaic through the walkway of the castle. cinderellas two step sisters have colored face. one is green with envy and the other is red with anger.
-the pond in the middle of the race track is in the shape of a hidden mickey.
-the castle is made of fiberglass, sorrry no bricks.
-the epcot ball is made up of 11,324 triangles!!!!

thats all for now!

The part about the Castle being made of fiberglass got my attention. I remember some lady tryed to sue Disney. She said a brick fell off of the Castle and hit her in the head...:lol: I was crackin up..I think she even brought the brick with her so it really looked like it fell and hit her. People will do anything to try to sue the mouse!:ROFLOL:

disney9752

The Christmas trees located at the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, the Disney-MGM Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park are all 65 feet tall. Each tree has more than 5,500 lights twinkling from the branches.

on the christmas tree note, it seems until 96 wdw used "douglas fir" trees. at that point supposedly for enviromental reasons they switched to artificial trees for all 3 parks (at that time) & dtd.

disney9752

more info

the original frontierland train station was where the parades enter/exit the park now. it was moved to accomodate splash mountain. during counstruction of sm, wdw railroad ran bacwards from ms to mickeys starland as the train couldnt go in a circle around the park as usual.

In Muppet Vision 3-D just after the turnstyles to get in theres a floor mat...under the floor mat theres a key hidden under there...everyone probably knows this but its my favorite secret;

brkgnews

The two large mosaics along the entrance to the Land pavilion at EPCOT mirror each other exactly, with one exception. When facing the building, on the right hand side of the mosaic, there's a single green stone in the mosaic that does not have a counterpart on the other side. It is the artist's birthstone (and thus, the artist's signature). It's to the left of the glass "The Land" sign on that wall.

Epcot Christmas

During the Christmas season:xmas: , Morocco is the only country not decorated with Christmas decor in the World Showcase. Because most Moroccons don't celebrate Christmas, the Imagineers decided that it would be disrespectful to decorate the country for the season.

CMSomeday

2 neat things from a fireworks cruise:

On the Grand Floridian/Polynesian side of the lagoon is a fake log in the water that was apparently a wave maker where they originally had waves planned at the beaches. Apparently erosion was a big problem so they d/c'd it. Is this true?

Also, I loved going to the back of the Wilderness lodge in the boat and seeing the window facades of the main lodge lit up....take a good look because it was designed to be a bears head with eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Pretty cool.

cb3k

Original Poster
2 neat things from a fireworks cruise:

On the Grand Floridian/Polynesian side of the lagoon is a fake log in the water that was apparently a wave maker where they originally had waves planned at the beaches. Apparently erosion was a big problem so they d/c'd it. Is this true?

Also, I loved going to the back of the Wilderness lodge in the boat and seeing the window facades of the main lodge lit up....take a good look because it was designed to be a bears head with eyes, nose, mouth, etc. Pretty cool.
The fact that there was a wavemaker off the shoreline is indeed true..As far as it being a "fake log" I can not confirm. I would imagine that it would be a hazard to those riding in the rental boats to have floating "debris" for them to hit, however it is probably close enough to the shoreline that boats would be restricted from riding in that area. And great tidbit on the windows of WL, I will be staying there in mid August and will have to check it out.!

JustPlainBill

These letters weren't there when I went in March. I've seen them before and then went to show someone... and they were gone. :confused:
In regards to the letters that fell off of the directory that spell out "evil tower U R doomed" I noticed it when I was there 4 weeks ago. I discovered it on my own without knowing about it before, I thought it was very clever. If it was gone in March, It came back in June...creepy.:lookaroun

CMSomeday

As far as the waves, the boat captain drove us by it. It is stationary up against an island and it looks to me like a log. Right about water level, there is the opening in the log for the wave-making operation, I assume.

The bear head facade on the back of Wilderness Lodge is very neat. Check it out.

Pocamahontas

Hey guys!
I went to MK today and had a park walk through and "orientation" of sorts, and that was bursting with fun facts! The ones I can rememeber are:

-All of mainstreet is in force perspective, where the buildings are taller in front, and shorter as you walk down the road. Also, the road gets more narrow the further down you walk, and there is a tinyy bit of a hill, or inclination. All of these things make the castle seem father away. Butt they also work in reverse, making the train station look a lot bigger and closer than it actually is (so that when you're tired at the end of the day you wont get so discouraged about how far you need to get to your car)
-The Castle, TOT, andd Everest are all 199 feet tall, because if they were 200 they would have to have a big red flashy light on them. (Not very pretty).
-On the windows of the stores on mainstreet are the park "credits" which give thanks (very subtly) to the people that helped to invest and make MK everything it is today. One of which is M.T. Lott, or said quickly...empty lot.
Which is all MK was before Walt Disney made a bunch of "dummy companies" to buy land from the Central Florida land owners. One of which was "Ayefour" orr I4 (the Interstate). Funny thing about these companies is that their C.E.O (for all) was Minnie Mouse.
-mmm Walt Created both "It's a Small World" and the "Carousel of Progress" for the 1964 Worlds Fair in New York. And both were moved in pieces to where they are today in Disneyland. The Carousel of Progress was the first to have Audio Animatronics. For the opening of "It's a Small World" Walt invited Children from all over the world and asked them to bring water with them from their countries. And at the opening ceremony, they actually poured their water from those different countries into the water on the ride.
-Liberty Square doesn't have any bathrooms. Why? Becuase they didn't have plumbing back then. Actually they used chamber pots (which is in your room, and you pour the contents into the street in the morning)...gross right? Well this would create line of sewage through the town. Well, you might have noticed that there is a brown cobble stone path through Liberty Square...and it represents the line of sewage that would have been during that time.

I know that's a lot but some of this stuff i'd never heard of!

bates1960

So, I wanted to clear something up about the "flag issue" on Main Street. They are altered flags, most of which are either missing a star or stripe. I teach the class mentioned by Pocahamontas and this is one of the things we cover, so yes, these flags are altered for the reason mentioned earlier (before the know-it-alls shot it down).

Also, in reference to there only being an "inch" of room for the Brinks security trucks to drive in down in the tunnels; so not true. There is plenty of room to walk around them.

Scott M

Disney realizes that most people will naturally walk to the right.

With this in mind, Main Street U.S.A. has mostly food shops to the right side of the street as you enter the Magic Kingdom to begin your day, with mostly gift shops to the right as you head towards the exit at the end of the day.

Scott

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom