Unusual Disney Fact

Cmdr_Crimson

Not really a fact but 2 places that reference Disney.

First The House on the Rock in Spring Green Wisconsin has an area called "Inspiration Point" which is a Food and relaxation area midway into the tour. There's several quotes from many famous people one being Walt's "It's Fun To Do The Impossible" is on the wall and it's on the tables as well.

And Second I'm not sure if it's still there but at Water Tower Place in Chicago there is/was a Mcdonalds and there were different portraits of famous chicagoans one being a really nice drawing of Walt holding a Sketch of Mickey.. when you enter you go to the right side seating area and it's there..

CBOMB

WHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

what was that flying overhead......................

1, Disney uses geneticaly modified Turkeys cross bred with spiders in the production of turkey legs.

2. If you ______ in a pool at Disney the surrounding water turns purple

3. Fort Wilderness is built on an old burial ground, which which is why there are so many ghost sightings.

4. Candy on sale on Mainstreet is made with chemicals addative that have addictive properties.

5. Disney is having to spend increasing amounts reenforcing benches and resturant seating due to the increasing weight of its patrons.

6.Splash mountain uses treated water collected from the toilets.
That would explain why the water always appears purple in Splash Mountain!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Huh? I dont get big words. Are you insulting me?

vindictive
vin·dic·tive (vn-dktv)
adj.
1. Disposed to seek revenge; revengeful.
2. Marked by or resulting from a desire to hurt; spiteful.

That's what makes the internet so great...everything is just a click away!:wave:

Scott M

After entering Epcot and passing Spaceship Earth, if you listen closely you'll hear the sounds of a bird.

This is actually a recording of a bird in distress, which warns real birds of danger, keeping the area bird-free.

Scott

Do flags get scared of the dark?

it is considered disrespectful to allow an American Flag to be displayed at night unless it is illuminated. If illuminated and it is weather resistant, then it can be left up indefinately. If not it is supposed to be brought down in the evening or if it is raining.....it should not be displayed.....

Edeyore

And a couple more ...

1. The Pluto character in the MK is often portrayed by an actual dog. Obviously, it's not just any old dog under the suit, but rather a dog highly trained in pretending to be a cartoon dog.
2. The original concept for Maelstrom was to use actual trolls in the ride, but the National Union of Troll Solidarity threatened defamation lawsuits. So, Disney switched to AAs.
3. The site for Disney Studios was chosen because of the presence of the rundown, dilapidated Hollywood Tower Hotel. Imagineers salivated over the thought of being able to turn the long since closed hotel into an E ticket attraction.

You ever notice how some people just forget to laugh. This was funny. You are all very serious for a bunch of Disney fans.

Scott M

The Magic Kingdom resorts are themed to blend with the lands of the Magic Kingdom from where they can be seen.
  • The Grand Floridian is themed to blend with Main St., U.S.A.
  • The Polynesian is themed to blend with Adventureland.
  • The Contemporary is themed to blend with Tomorrowland.
Scott

Fun2BFree

The Magic Kingdom resorts are themed to blend with the lands of the Magic Kingdom from where they can be seen.
  • The Grand Floridian is themed to blend with Main St., U.S.A.
  • The Polynesian is themed to blend with Adventureland.
  • The Contemporary is themed to blend with Tomorrowland.
Scott

Don't forget that Wilderness Lodge is the Frontierland-themed hotel, though you cannot see it from FrL! :)

Timmay

So, I wanted to clear something up about the "flag issue" on Main Street. They are altered flags, most of which are either missing a star or stripe. I teach the class mentioned by Pocahamontas and this is one of the things we cover, so yes, these flags are altered for the reason mentioned earlier (before the know-it-alls shot it down).

Well, this know-it-all knows that any outdated / historical US flag (48 stars, etc.) should still fall under the current flag code, meaning if not properly illuminated, it should be lowered at night.

Scott M

Fun Fact: WDW was intended to be a place where everyone could enjoy themselves. :shrug:

This is the best one yet, dandaman...Thank You!!!

Let's all try to keep this thread from straying from the goal for which it was originally intended: Entertainment.

Otherwise, we risk having it deleted or locked, and that would be a shame. This thread is truly a golden nugget.

Scott

magickingdom55

Beastly Kingdom was a land in AK that never came to be. It would have a good side and a evil side. The good side would have a ride called Quest of the Unicorn the bad would have a roller coaster ride called Dragon Tower that took place in a old castle. Due to budget constraints beasty kingdom never came to be. It ws replace with Camp Minnie Mickey. The change was rather sudden,some remains of Beasty Kingdon are still visible like a unicorn parking lot. and a stone dragon neer the bridge of Camp Minnie Mickey.

bennyw01

the robot birds in star tours used to be crows from the haunted mansion, just without the skin. this is why they have red eyes, scary stuff. also the droids in the droid rooms, look at there feet. there webbed, this is cause they used to be geese on splash mountain. FACT :slurp:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Two of the approach paths for Orlando International are named after Disney characters. See for yourself below. I love this one because it combines my two loves: aircraft and Disney.

goofy4.jpg

minee.jpg

s8film40

I'm not sure how true this is. but, on my last trip our monorail driver told us that the Contemporary has shifted or settled and the rooms are now stuck in place.

This is a very common myth. The rooms were never intended to be removed. It simply would not be practicle, to change out a room in this manner would require removing that face of the building, disconnecting each unit from water, sewer, power,telephone, and cable connections. Then a crane would need to be installed to remove the old rooms and replace them with new ones. Finally the process would be reversed and the face of the building rebuilt. If this were attempted it would likely be the most expensive redecorating project ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom