Unusual Disney Fact

devoy1701

The rumor I'd heard was more a problem of rust. However, I've also heard that they were never intended to be removed after they were installed.

The rooms were designed to be easily accessable for major renovations or if any major damage was done to one or more of the units. They could slide the unit out, make the necessary modifications or repairs or simply replace the entire unit if needed... of course it was a good idea....

Brian_WDW74

ALL of Disneylands MK can fit into the WS lagoon at Epcot

I don't see how this can be true. World Showcase Lagoon is approximately 40 acres in size. The public areas of Disneyland's MK occupy approximately 85 acres. This doesn't include the backstage areas.

Maybe if you shoved all the buildings together and piled them on top of each other... :)

Poohbearturbo!

Disney facts and trivia

I don't know if this is true but I heard that the Contemporary Resort does have a 13th floor. Supposedly the floor is home to power generators and a.c. units.

GenerationX

More little known WDW facts:
1. An aeriel view of the Downtown Disney parking lot reveals it as a Hidden Mickey.
2. The Contemporary is actually only 5 stories. It just looks taller due to forced perspective.
3. The penny smooshing machines don't really smoosh your pennies. The wheel turning is an illusion; they dispense pre-smooshed pennies. Your pennies are saved and go through the five hour smooshing process overnight.

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
1. An aeriel view of the Downtown Disney parking lot reveals it as a Hidden Mickey.
2. The Contemporary is actually only 5 stories. It just looks taller due to forced perspective.
3. The penny smooshing machines don't really smoosh your pennies. The wheel turning is an illusion; they dispense pre-smooshed pennies. Your pennies are saved and go through the five hour smooshing process overnight.

LIER!!! Because I heard that and i write a D for Dillon , My name amd that was on it!

WISH4EE@WDW

1. An aerial view of the Downtown Disney parking lot reveals it as a Hidden Mickey.

DowntownDisney.jpg

Where exactly?

PyxiiDustt

Except for you know the part where your penny drops into the slot and you can see it roll down the little corridor-y type thing onto the wheel. And sometimes they don't smoosh the year out, and you can still see it, and it's the same when it starts as it is when it comes out. Point for trying =]

Oh, and no hidden mickey in the DTD parking lot either.

Oh, and there's actually 15 stories in the Contemporary Resort.

Just so you know.

GenerationX

And a couple more ...

1. The Pluto character in the MK is often portrayed by an actual dog. Obviously, it's not just any old dog under the suit, but rather a dog highly trained in pretending to be a cartoon dog.
2. The original concept for Maelstrom was to use actual trolls in the ride, but the National Union of Troll Solidarity threatened defamation lawsuits. So, Disney switched to AAs.
3. The site for Disney Studios was chosen because of the presence of the rundown, dilapidated Hollywood Tower Hotel. Imagineers salivated over the thought of being able to turn the long since closed hotel into an E ticket attraction.

RayLaVeau

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
A WDW bus driver ;) told me on my last trip that the Castle and the ToT can both be dismantled within a few hours, if a hurricane ever decides to hit the World...

Oh those bus drivers.

He also said that Walt's head is alive and well, and his brain is the computer that controls IASW.

flscooman

the american flags above the buildings on main street have been slightly altered. So, being that thay are not TRUE American flags, they don't have to be lowered every night.
I haven't finished reading this thread so if it has been addressed sorry.
but HUH? As long as an American flag is lit it does not need to be lowered daily.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
WHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

what was that flying overhead......................

1, Disney uses geneticaly modified Turkeys cross bred with spiders in the production of turkey legs.

2. If you ______ in a pool at Disney the surrounding water turns purple

3. Fort Wilderness is built on an old burial ground, which which is why there are so many ghost sightings.

4. Candy on sale on Mainstreet is made with chemicals addative that have addictive properties.

5. Disney is having to spend increasing amounts reenforcing benches and resturant seating due to the increasing weight of its patrons.

6.Splash mountain uses treated water collected from the toilets.

macsmom

One of the more well known Hidden Mickeys is made from a place setting on the table in the Haunted Mansion's Grand Ballroom scene. This place setting's location on the table is changed from time to time, sometimes daily.

Scott

I made a point of looking for this when I was on the ride this week. It's there! Kind of pleased with myself that I remembered to look and that I actually found it!

danna

p.s. Found four other hidden mickey's at POP. I have found a total of 6!

Philo

Except for you know the part where your penny drops into the slot and you can see it roll down the little corridor-y type thing onto the wheel. And sometimes they don't smoosh the year out, and you can still see it, and it's the same when it starts as it is when it comes out. Point for trying =]

Oh, and no hidden mickey in the DTD parking lot either.

Oh, and there's actually 15 stories in the Contemporary Resort.

Just so you know.

There is a slight chance that these facts were made up.:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom